1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.4%
  2. No

21.4%
  3. Don't care

18.2%
  1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

They cant..its the necessary trash bin for when ever this topic gets brought up.

Sorta like what they are doing with those who exploited...any threads that just have the word exploit, or censor get deleted and are told to refer to here or where ever they designate their dont care pile.

2. Puresunhawk

It's funny they do this because they say if you have an issue and think that many people think the same way, make a post and prove it. The forums and there for that. Then you make a forum post and show people are of same mind and they are like meh doesn't matter or so it seems that way to me. The only real huge issues I've seen them take note of are hackers or when an event is not working properly or if something is wrong with the pearl shop.

Ventesa, o0ABC0o and Fateneko like this.
  3. Vanraven

You guys know Kakao is going to censor shai's twinkle star outfit. They probably will add some poorly designed jogging pants with black spirit patterns to it. What people need to understand is what the censoring of shai means to players. What kakao is saying is that their playerbase consists of a bunch of male pedos and that they need to stop their desires to play with themselves while looking at shai polygons.

Its extremely disrespectful for a company to look at their players like that, but its exactly what they are doing without saying it. Kakao is greatly out of touch with reality and western society.

Yyiara and o0ABC0o like this.
  4. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Areyn EU

Nah, they won't censor the outfit itself. The pajamas will just stick out like a sore thumb again.

FairlyEnjoyable and Jinoro like this.
  5. Joungf

BDO want to be open world so badly but fail to add realism. There are no children of nearly any race / tribe in their villages, caves, cities, etc. Orks (not sure here if they were called orks) do have (male) young children but no female orks (lets say, no mother). But to prevent any "additional work" and ethics conflict many mmo games do not add females and children. If you have to kill orks, goblins or any other type of enemy NPC tribe / race you should not kill the mothers with their children. This is my opinion of course.
    I would like to see a good balanced population of adult and child male and female (if possible and lore-conform) of every tribe / race in every town, village, cave, etc.

I like the uniqe design and concept of the shai. An old, proud, wise race. The playable class is just an insult.
    I like the uniqe design and concept of the tooth fairies. The "Tinker Bell" fairy you get from the petals ... just because of the cuteness factor?

I do not like the way PA re-invent the wheel just to increase the amount of player by creating completele new and different looking ("cute") characters even they already exist years ago. Experimenting that hard is meesing up the game. The game already lost its uniqueness. Now for me it is just another "I want to be also one of those famose game out there" copy-past-fail.

6. Praxithea

They still haven't sorted this out? Damn.. Bit of a joke tbh, just show the legs kappa.

7. Joungf

... said the one with Shalltear avatar ....

8. Praxithea

Precisely. In all fairness I want the censor removed. it makes my outfits look like garbage when the stupid pyjamas are plastered (rather Lazily I might add) all over the place and clipping harder than a GMOD animation. Like I said, Free the legs, hell, Free the shoulders lmfao.

9. Yyiara

It's not even about showing skin, it's more about wanting to customize and characterize in fairness. It's not fair that every other woman on the game can wear what they want, sexual or not and is not censored. There is nothing sexual about Shai but she is the only one that is censored. They present a cute character and then call us pedophiles for playing a shai but brought shai here. That's even more of a kick in the teeth when they presented her censored. You can freely customize a 16 year old girl but not a midget. They took away outfits and a lot of people are not motivated to buy costumes because what they did was f- up with the censorship, even though they can give her shorts and such.

Then people prevent them from looking at it this way because people who dislike the shai, because they are small, are always talking about erp, smexing up a shai, freaking them in chat and being full blown adults. Shai is censored but people are allowed to talk about banging them, openly erping just so they can remain censored.

People come to this and be like "shai is this and that and shouldn't be allowed"

it's about fairness, especially when You have people spending money to play on it. They want the whole thing, not an unfinished version that limits you but allow all these other characters to do and have a lot more to enjoy that character and the game. Shai is just stuck being a secondary character, mostly.

o0ABC0o, FairlyEnjoyable and Jinoro like this.
  10. Puresunhawk

Part of it I think comes down to stubbornness as well because that would mean they would have to admit they kinda messed up. They have in the past for things but for this issue they seem dead set on and won't budge and keep tossing out excuses and endless "speak up if you have a problem" messages to just stall and stall.

o0ABC0o and LesserHellspawn like this.
  11. Ben Phoenix

This thread is still going on I see...

[​IMG]

Joungf likes this.
  12. Joungf

Found an old screen shot (30. September 2017) of hovering Shai and ugly unrealistic artefacts caused by the "water". Not sure if that should be reflection on water.I send that in a ticket to the support back then.
    Female NPC Shai have the privilege to wear "uncensored" cloths.
    The alien playable Shai do not deserve this. :-P
    This is good and fair. :-P
    2017-09-30_14320826-x.jpg
    2017-09-30_14313374-s.jpg
    I can feel the jealousy in the air ... ummmm.... in this thread .... :D

o0ABC0o and Luniartic like this.
  13. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Areyn EU

And it'll continue until this is fixed, so probably forever.

14. Puresunhawk

Funny thing is, there was a thread before this one that had 100+ pages of replies if I remember correctly that got locked. Part of it was because of the back and forth memes and toxicity but the fact that the issue reached 100+ pages and now this thread is going towards 70 soon it's like....how can they pretend it's not an issue...?

o0ABC0o likes this.
  15. Ben Phoenix

I guess it's because they are making money anyway, despite some people quitting because they can't see the Shai's knees or because the outfits aren't adjusted in a super fashionable way. It's usually about money, isn't it? Every time they release a new class they make a lot of money with people rerolling and the previous classes are put on the back burner.

#1355 Ben Phoenix, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Joungf likes this.
  16. cf.ghost

I'll repost it, fret not

LesserHellspawn and Ventesa like this.
  17. cf.ghost

60% of us want this reverted, so bye bye if you don't like it

LesserHellspawn likes this.
  18. Ben Phoenix

Or maybe you bye bye since you aren't getting it for what I see.

#1358 Ben Phoenix, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Joungf likes this.
  19. Praxithea

Hopefully we will have some kind of official response on this at some point, and I'm more than happy to keep bumping it until that happens, doesn't matter how many new forum posts it takes, it's clearly something Majority want for the game and is one of the most replied to topics on here, but I suppose for PA ignorance on the matter is the best way to go forward? :)

o0ABC0o likes this.
  20. Joungf

Well, the official statement is and was : "Cultural differences".

If those countries who maybe "forced" PA / Kakao to add those "censore" to shai to be abel to publish BDO in their countries, too, lift that restriction ...

I am wondering which countries do insist of that "cultural differences". Does the religion also take part in that differnces?

BDO in NA / EU is 16+:

It contains references to drugs and alcohol
    It contains different fictional religions and gods
    It contains magic

It seems that those contents are not an issue for those countries.... so the religion is not part of the cultural differences.