1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.9%
  2. No

20.4%
  3. Don't care

18.7%
  1. Joungf

Ingame chat, sound, displaying all those messages and showing all pets etc. is turned off - the only way to play BDO relaxed ....

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  2. WinterMilla

No matter how many times someone adds child like to the character, she wasn't sexual to begin with. Every outfit that she has has been altered to reflect the simple word "cute". If she had some BDSM armor or some latex stuff, this would be a different discussion. Also gameplay and graphics are huge parts as to why someone would or wouldn't play a game let alone a character. I myself in all my games tend to get tons of outfits for my character and hold off on play characters that have imo, bad looking outfits.

The only silly part of this "drama" is the fact no matter how many times we go round and round there is one point to be made. If nothing was done, then no one would be talking about it. Tamer was the OG loli in alot of people eyes, hence the constant comparison between the two. As we can see from here and the many years she has been out, barely anyone talks about her unless to say something about her general gameplay. It wasn't until shai was released last year that the reddit page even mention tamer and banning her from there. Again, this was an example trying to be made when there was none to be made. An artificial problem with a clear resolution, yet I'm sure we all know that people tend to double, nae quadruple down on choices that really have no meaning.

But yes in a way, this is silly. Silly in the fact they could just silently revert the changes and move one. Then again people still spending money so in the end the still profit either or. Gotta love the way money talks.

3. Ben Phoenix

Look, I don't want to read all that text. I don't care so much anyway, I think this whole thing is simply silly and even if I'm open to other opinions, I don't think I will change my mind about this particular subject. Cya around I guess.

o0ABC0o and Joungf like this.
  4. Joungf

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  5. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Wow, you are open to opinions despite not reading them even when u are judging them... and u arent reading others opinions because your prescience powers tell you that you wouldnt change your mind. And you are being serious xD OMG

6. Ben Phoenix

You are so silly. I read this entire thread plus the other one that got locked. I had long discussions with people who are against these adjustments (with Winter Milla too) and even if in some cases I agreed with those who had some good points, I still think this whole thing is getting ridiculous. Don't judge if you don't know what you are talking about.

#1387 Ben Phoenix, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Joungf likes this.
  7. Joungf

People who discussed seriously in those threads and saw that the same arguments repeating itself endlessly gave up taking those anti-censor-guys serious anymore.

Fateneko and chendu like this.
  8. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

I just saw the same "you pedo", "i dont care" and the "this is ridiculous" arguments over and over too :S

MegosCaptian, o0ABC0o and Fateneko like this.
  9. Puresunhawk

You bet that half of these people talking about it being silly about a classes appearance being gimped would be pretty upset if their class was suddenly censored. Can you imagine the outcry if they gave Tamer the same treatment as Shai? I bet a lot of people would complain because it is their class getting gimped cosmetically (which cosmetics and looks are a huge selling point for BDO to the point they are constantly adjusting things and gave us a whole remaster). So this whole thing where people say "looks and graphics don't matter, gameplay does", well even PA is a stickler for appearance and sees it as very important, so why should the players not as well?

10. Vanraven

Real pedophiles aren't hanging out in BDO, buying costumes and playing with themselves to a polygon character. They are out collecting child pron and hanging around playgrounds with children. Often enough, these same people are upstanding people in communities such as teachers, coaches, neighbors etc. No place in a pedophile profile does it ever state they are playing cute characters in mmorpgs.

FairlyEnjoyable and Jinoro like this.
  11. chendu

^that, and truth be told, I'd rather they jacked at a virtual loli rather than attacking real children ..

o0ABC0o and Jinoro like this.
  12. Ben Phoenix

Real players don't need to see a child-looking character's panties in order to enjoy the class they are playing. I'm baffled by all this insane need to have the Shai without adjustments or quit cause otherwise this class is useless or less enjoyable. Play it with shorts and move on, for the love of god. Move on.
    This topic has been discussed so many times, ad nauseum. There are two different schools of thought and no proof whatsoever that one is 100% right and one is 100% wrong. Often the truth is somewhere in between. We, as human beings, are unpredictable, nothing is really for sure, it has never been and it will probably never be. The game has been adjusted to EU and NA in several ways, nothing new, the Shai is one of those things that have been adjusted, like it or not.

I had a very bad day, don't quote me again please cause I have no intention to fall in this insane discussion again. I'm gonna leave this thread once for all cause I don't even want to bump it, to be honest.

Have a good one.

13. Vanraven

Oh yeah? So why is it just fine in South Korea and BDO Sea? Are they not real players or are you saying magically no pedophiles exist over there?

14. WinterMilla

I'm not sure why to quoted my post before with out reading it.

I think you are looking at this from a closed perspective. It feels like you want everyone to enjoy the game the way you enjoy it and nothing else. You keep using "Child-like" as a counter to either demonize or shame people, yet provide no context for it. Again, shai isn't sexual in the slightest to start with. Any outfits that were released on other characters were altered for shai, making any part that would be considered "sexy" even less so (although bdo doesn't really have anything sexual in terms of costumes aside from a very small few).

The basic point being made is how the costumes that already have been altered have even more so been messed with for the sake of a none existent being who we are gonna for to fight and die then respawn. Its fine if you don't like the class personally, but to start sudo calling people pedo is not. If you say its to protect her from chat and people. News flash, chat is still going to be chat and people who want the models are still gonna rip it and do what they will. Bottom line is that everyone enjoys the games for their own reason. The notion that shai is this one unifying pedo bait is just a fanatical thought.

The only thing this has show is how they can change someone for other regions, and people will blindly defend it.

15. Encke

chomo's have a special place in hell bro,, call em bottom ******* for a reason

16. Aglaja

I just wanted to say everything would be super fine IF only they would advertise shai costumes as they really are (with pyjamas sticking out of them on legs and arms), and IF they would finally fix the damn clipping that destroys every outfit except marigold sunset. It's simple as that. First fix things like that, then you can "censor" all you want.

Jinoro likes this.
  17. LesserHellspawn

THANK YOU. That is exactly what we want, we don't want to see the panties sticking out under the costumes, but we have to. That is the whole point of this thread in the first place.

o0ABC0o, Aglaja, levinano and 2 others like this.
  18. FairlyEnjoyable

FairlyEnjoyable Lahn 62 NA

I see no reason why these shouldn't be implemented anyway; they're sooo cute! :o
    [​IMG]

19. Joungf

Tamer class just fall directly from nowhere into BDO. The joke is - she is a princess and seeking revenge. But now she got cloned in game and genetically engineered so she has different appearences.

Shai class is cursed by its original NPC. "We want cute little polygons like they existi in so many mmorpgs. But the Shai looks so ugly and is annoying." - Now then live with the curse because you created a too perfect and cute shai and betrayed the proud shai race!

Again, which region / country asked PA / Kakao to censore the shai? Cultural difference? Which culture wears their kids long panties?

If you say that in some religion it is not allowed to see legs ... what about demons, magic, different gods and religions, drugs, alcohol, gambling in BDO?

Something is really fishy and Kakao / PA keep this as a secret. Maybe they are really sadistic and love to make you guys suffer while in their own county they laugh over you. Who knows.

#1400 Joungf, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    LesserHellspawn likes this.