1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.9%
  2. No

20.4%
  3. Don't care

18.7%
  1. WinterMilla

Except not at all.
    1. Those are a paid for option so you will be forced into buying that to enjoy more of the outfit.
    2. Even those hurt certain outfits
    3. The top part still messes with multiple outfits
    It odd to ask people to buy underwear when many people keep screaming about people seeing them (Yes, I know technically they are PJ but they go into the underwear slot so they will be called such). I don't see we can't just have the original model. I mean no one can really point out what was wrong with it in t he first place but sure love defending why they did it.

I get what you are saying here. People have yet to grasp the simple concept that Fiction and reality are two different things. Personally I really dont care what people do with a fictional character, as it has nothing to do with real people. Its why you can watch a show and see someone get killed and that person isn't treated as a murder outside the show. It just one of those things people must demonize and claim to be doing some great duty, when in reality all they did was just piss a bunch of people off for no reason. I won't say the west is the only people who do it as there are many examples all over the world.

I mean looking at this thread and the others like it, people will always claim something without showing any proof. Still looking for how shai is any of the thing they claim. Though I guess the bigger thing is that everyone just assumes you play her for what she looks like and not game play., as surely it could never be both.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  2. Kema

The United Nations as a collective first raised the initiative to ban Loli animation. It was only natural for member nations, most of who had never heard of the terms "loli" to follow suit.

However, when the UN posted the OHCHR guidelines documents, the United States actually took issue with the sections using the term non existent children. Which is how the UN was describing loli animation. Along with a proposal for severe penalties for violating the OHCHR guidelines involving non existent children.

#1422 Kema, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  3. Kema

I was going to bring those up as well, but then realized that its not really fair to tell them to go buy pearls if they want to fix it.

4. Hypotermia

Australian Senator is wanting to ban vulgar animes.

Like i do get that ppl don't like specific thing and thats understandable and completely fine. We all like different things but we shouldn't start saying what someone else can like and enjoy and most certainly we should not rally masses behind it because we don't like something.

Many hentai/loli artist or even weird hentai artists or their art is weird are completely normal humans who have family and they rise kids and nothing wrong with them. They do what they enjoy doing and most certainly these ppl that i have seen / heard are most relaxed and open minded ppl.

Many who don't want to understand and see things in acceptable light are closed minded hypocrites.

5. WinterMilla

I think derailing the topic with a ban on hentai and such isn't going to help the topic as BDO isn't sexual (aside from DK and her swords). As far as anything legal goes, there is nothing in BDO that would count towards something ilegal or else we would see a lot more from many other games. Legally shai is sound.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  6. Dehor

If they can spent hours wasting time then they can work to earn money and buy that underwear lol.

7. Dehor

There is also a nude version of BDO where u can walk and PVP being NUDE lol. OR Just hide all underwear from the game. That software allows you to hide either cloth, underwear or both. That software is free. If u hide all underwear then u will be able to see 'you know what' of Shai when she jumps with her skirt on.
    :)

8. WinterMilla

Well for one you are talking about third party software or in another since modding the game. Which is just risking a ban. No where did I nor anyone ask to see shai in the nude, where you are grabbing this from is unknown. I know you are trying to do the whole pedo thing, but you really fail to see the argument being made here.

We simple just want the original model so we can enjoy her same as everyone else. I mean really think about what you are saying. If they really only cared about seeing underwear on shai, they would rip her model outta the game or just play Test server. Also there is no such thing as nude pvp in BDO as the moment you leave a safe zone your clothes are automatically back on. Even if you some how some way managed to be in your underwear outside of a safe zone, no one but the player could see it, to everyone else you would be fully clothed.

This post was either a troll (which im leaning to) or just more fanatical reasoning to something that is unreasonable.

9. Dehor

Just try to understand. They censored the shai for many good reason. 1st i can think of is that this game is +16 but i still see many 12-15 years old kid in game and those kid i am sure they will take things in wrong way. Kakao don't want that there game environment become polluted in a wronge manner of vision. For those who want that shai should be uncensored can buy that underwear, that will be known as "buying the product" and will not pollute the game environment by wrong sense of humor and misunderstanding.

10. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 60 NA

When the Shai were first released in NA/EU, I'm sure the company wanted to protect themselves by altering the Shai's underwear to be more covering to protect themselves from the potentially bad PR that would come with releasing a "child-like" character in her underwear. Since the majority of the Shai's outfits are dresses and skirts, they must believe that the frequent up-skirt camera angles that occur during gameplay (such as those seen when fighting and riding horses) was too much for us to handle without getting all hot and bothered.

I still believe that nothing bad would have happened if they left the Shai alone and kept her original model and textures as they are in the Korean version of the game. Unfortunately, I also suspect that if they revert the changes now, the company could potentially be seen as "caving in" to pressure from players who "only want to see more skin" which may provide the negative PR that they sought to avoid in the first place.

In the end, whatever they decide to do, it doesn't really affect how I play the game. It will forever be one of those things that will just make me sigh with disappointment whenever I come across the issue in game.

o0ABC0o and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  11. WinterMilla

ok

Shai has nothing to do with this. If said person gets someone to buy them the game, then no matter what its gonna happen. There isn't a way any of this deals with this. As far as the "wrong way", what do you mean here?

Sorry the moment you openned the game with open world PvP and GvG, you lost that. Chat is and most likely always will be toxic. There is no way you can predict how people are going to act in any given situation. In fact they act the worst just because they know you will be upset. This thread can show that.

That screws over the people that dont want to but underwear persay and those who cant afford it (I know i could, but not the point). Even if you buy it, the top half is still a problem as it clashes. There are even cases on other outfits where the shorts become visable.

There is really no good reason. You are trying to make it seem as if shai magically created toxic people. Thing is, they where hear all along.

o0ABC0o and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  12. FairlyEnjoyable

FairlyEnjoyable Lahn 62 NA

Good lord... Nobody wants to see her naked, nor insinuated such; they simply want the atrocious clipping to be gone.

This is how Kibelius was intended, specifically the shoulders/neck.
    upload_2020-5-2_1-38-17.png
    Instead, regardless of either underwear choice given in NA/EU, there is terrible clipping in such areas.

13. Kema

EDIT: NM misread your post.

14. LesserHellspawn

It's a partial solution for long costumes and the legs, yes. You'll still have the flower pattern on the shoulders ruining the Kibelius outfit.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  15. Joungf

I would also add:
    The playable shai model does not have the privileges to alter those parts that make a female look mature. The only thing a shai do not get are wrinkles. That is ok.
    Comparing the editing options of the playable shai to NPC shai you will realise that the playable shai will always look like a child and not like a 38, 62, 85 years old mature female shai NPC. Now try to bring the argument "But the shai are not children. They look young but are very old." The you will get my answer: "Yes, according to the lore and the shai NPCs that is right. But look at the playable "cute" shai. They are definitely not!"

Fateneko likes this.
  16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You are so right and that is where pearl abyss made the biggest mistake. The playable shai should have closely followed the npc model. My biggest disappointment when making my shai was not being able to make her look older. The next big disappointment was not being able to make her sound mature and then to cap off the disappointment trifecta was how annoying her mannerisms and gathering actions are.

o0ABC0o, Fateneko and Joungf like this.
  17. Dehor

If there is any class that i can't defeat at all!!! that is Shai. Why? because they are dammmm cute. Everytime when i see a Shai in my grind spot saying "Duel for spot", I can't touch her XD. The cuteness lvl is broken. i am a Lahn and it is just a 10 sec work to defeat shai if i could wanted but Nooooo Sooory. Instead i invite her in party XD. and like i said before in post, If u want to hide cloths from her knee then just buy underwear. You are her master-father-grandpa-grandma or what ever. Take little responsibility to dress her up, okay?
    :)

Joungf likes this.
  18. Dehor

upload_2020-5-2_15-52-10.png
    You mean this, right?
    Yes i agree that they should hide it.
    They should make something like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

o0ABC0o and LesserHellspawn like this.
  19. Currently exist in Kr. But we don't have them, only the first one.
    [​IMG]

But anyways they should do something with the current censure.

20. Dehor

lol our server don't have that.
    upload_2020-5-2_16-41-47.png