1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.9%
  2. No

20.4%
  3. Don't care

18.7%
  1. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

So, so true.

Right now, I just want to know why it's not happening.

2. I don't see the point because at the end, cron stones and caphras are different.
    I've said this in the past but it seems as in Kr you can purchase in game costumes because it's available in central market but that not happen here at least in EU server.
    There isn't any cash shop item avaiable to instant purchase. All need preorder.

Jinoro and o0ABC0o like this.
  3. Naho

Because it's not a priority, just that simple. The broken journal ppl are complaining about for years now , the minor glitches in some places still not fixed and annoying for some ppl, the class balance .. All of that with more than 600+ pages and I bet over 20 threads already deleted or just lost bewteen the rest .

4. o0ABC0o

o0ABC0o Shai 61 EU

As far as I know, you are not a dev or staff, so that's unfortunately another opinion, just like all the other opinions featuring in this topic.

Fixes and whatever things to implement in the game requires efforts.
    However, adjusting our game visual with what already exists in the rest of the world requires very little effort (not to say none).

It will actually gives less job for Kakao, as they won't have to crop Shai pics or take new cash shop pictures just for us... >___>

Jinoro likes this.
  5. That's true, they're spending their time now censuring Shai images.

Jinoro and o0ABC0o like this.
  6. Naho

I don't need to speak for them, it doesn't take rocket science to understand what matter the most in a business. It indeed would take little to no effort to remove that, to move that rock that often will get some ppl killed , just a few click according to this community, but if it's not done, that just mean they don't really care about it atm.

#1506 Naho, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  7. ghoulz666

The leggings at least look alright with the new outfit, but you can't dye them...

So then it will look like @#$% if you dye the white parts.

8. chendu

I'm not a dev so Can't answer All I know Is that it is How and Why costume melting was introduced

9. Puresunhawk

I mean the fact that they tell us if we want something changed or brought up, make a thread about it. Prove that through a number of votes that a good chunk of people want it change....then they still are like "no" regardless. Then what is the point of telling people to make the thread in the first place? From the sound of it, their mind was already made up after the first one from what I'm reading.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  10. That is the annoying point and CM team ignore totally. Why support team send us to suggestion forum to being ignored and do not receive any official answer?....
    That's a bad tratement and is like an insult to your player audience, kakao team.
    This looks as you're saying us, lost your time here in the forum we don't care, and here is the proof.
    image.png
    This post is up since July 11 of 2019.

o0ABC0o and Jinoro like this.
  11. Puresunhawk

Well even from what the first post of this whole thread sounds like, it was suggested by a couple CMs to make the post if they felt strong enough to fight for it in the first place, which confuses me to an even greater degree about this whole thing.

12. But you understand the point? Is not so hard to answer, we won't apply any change due to "x" reason, and done.

13. Satsuki Hime

It’s impossible to give a reason that won’t make them sound incompetent, because the censorship itself is incompetent.

if they give us the truth- which is, they did it to head off controversy- then it can be overwhelmingly pointed out how that has spectacularly backfired.

If they lie, then any excuse they come up with, like “it’s the law”, can be dismantled just as easily.

It was a stupid choice that failed to accomplish what they wanted, and to address it at all is to admit that it failed. Better to just sweep it under the rug. Companies do it all the time.

FairlyEnjoyable and Jinoro like this.
  14. Yyiara

I agree, most people that play this game, in general, play it for fashion.
    Fashion first everything else second. Yes it is a pvp game but people want to look good,
    people want to create and be cute, why not allow all the classes this luxury?
    Instead we have to suffer a defect. It's worse that there is a censor but still put the character in danger too.
    "This is a kid (which it isn't) you can kill them, exploit them, but you can't treat them like everyone else,
    especially in fashion even though all of the outfits so far has been friendly towards shai."

15. WinterMilla

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they still haven't reverted the model back yet. Truth be told I'm done with the game so this might be my last post unless something happens. Before someone assumes I stopped played because of the censorship, no. I stopped playing for many reasons, censorship was only the cherry on top.

I'm positive the company or companies all ready know peoples dislike of the censor, but figured they didn't have to do nothing about it. I mean they have done many things that people asked them not to do in the past, but yet here we are. To those who complain about how people should over look cosmetics and only focus on game play, I say you're a hypocrite. If you own any costume in this game, then by the simple owning of this you know that looks are part of a game-play. Its why we all like playing in remaster (when it doesn't drop your frame-rate). Because looking good is like the icing on the cake.

BDO boast all the time about their graphics and game-play and are always working on both, so to say one is more important than the other is silly. I personally feel that Shai overall as a character is flawed and was handled poorly and would like to see a complete rework of her character. I do feel that most of her kit should be addressed (if it hasn't all ready been) and worked on. I think the shai player base is small just like the tamers as they are kinda a nish pick. The main reason this form thread has gotten more attention is because you really don't need to have the character played to have an opinion on the topic.

Ask yourself just how many people here actually play her to any real degree of seriousness. Then take a look at the argument being made to keep the outfit like they are. I don't really mind people having their own opinion on the matter, however I don't want their opinion to be the one that gets noticed and compromised. As an Ex-shai/tamer/lahn main I cared deeply how my character looked while they preformed the mundane tack of "do x while in a circle for y hours". Just like how I'd rather suffer with FPS drops in remaster mode then to play in a higher fps setting because I wanted the game to look good.

Tl:DR
    Gameplay and graphics go hand and hand with player enjoyment so neither goes above the other.
    Thread grew because of trolls and not because more people cared about this one topic more than the other topics pertaining to shai.
    There is nothing wrong with wanted to dress up a character in a game no matter what character they play. Especially when the game it self has no sexual content.

16. Yyiara

Yeah, it was a class that was created that was, ideally, to promote more female players
    to play the game, especially those who enjoy the life part of the game, in this sandbox of bs.
    They really think people will stick around with a character that has almost nothing.
    At this point, I don't that NA will change either. I don't think that they can do anything to save them, either.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  17. Skilliard

Any sign of this being fixed yet?

18. BlueSatin_old

How about a protest in front of Calpheon Catedral?
    Everyone with our main Shai may cause some impact if we all stay in the same server at the same time...

The videogame community usualy advertise this type of event more than usual.

19. Franconia

I read somewhere that the Shai character is supposed to be around 30 yrs old, yet the game designers treat it as if it's a child. That's where the problem is. Whoever made the decision is the person with the issue, not us. Stop acting as though the character is a child and let us play her like any other character.

o0ABC0o and Jinoro like this.
  20. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Meanwhile the tamer is 16 yo and everybody is dressing her with lingerie. And everything is fine into this world of fake morality.

o0ABC0o and MADE like this.