1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of the Shai censorship

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirae, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

1. Yes

60.5%
  2. No

20.7%
  3. Don't care

18.8%
  1. Dan Hot

Dan Hot Warrior 62 EU

Give Elin boobs when? O damn wrong game.
    [​IMG]

MADE likes this.
  2. BlueSatin_old

I think posting images of other games doesn't help...

Most of us can accept that costumes for Shai are not sexualized, but most still say that fit the underwear to make them more aestetics is a problem...
    I don't want to see my shai with the marigold outfit and the nightwear hiding the shoulders because a bad minded thinks that shoulders in shai are a sexual thing.

That's most like a victorian age thoughts, and mostly if is a character in a fiction.

Jinoro, Fateneko and LesserHellspawn like this.
  3. James722

Maybe they can just go ahead and make a male Shai. At this point it's just ridiculous. Some of the recent outfits look hilarious with the t shirt and pants on them.

At this point I don't know what they are trying to do. RU BDO was censored at release. now it isn't so obviously it's fine. PS4 was fine at release with original art. Now it isn't. I don't know what's wrong with Pearl Abyss but they apparently aren't in a sane state of mind. Whatever message they are trying to send just doesn't make sense. Whatever they are saying is inappropriate just makes them look crazy and even they seem to be confused at this point.

Jinoro and LesserHellspawn like this.
  4. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

did someone ever start a petition?

#1564 Jey, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  5. BlueSatin_old

I don't know if you all know this ... but have you already seen the second reward of the Twitch drop for September 2?
    Good job PA, this is another act of exclusion in a global event. Discrimination continues...
    You have a whole week to try to change that, and plan an alternative for us...

#1565 BlueSatin_old, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  6. Twing

If the Shai NPC ingame can be dressed elegantly (cute too); why can't active players dress her the same?
    Why are EU/NA server players having to play with an overly prudish Shai? Really, the pajamas are ridiculous!
    Any outfit, that shows however little skin, the pajamas detracts and diminishes the intent of the outfit. Even if PA is adamant on not giving EU/NA what SEA gets, a camisole and shorter bloomers (not that summer short; shorter) would had given due justice to the current outfits we have in EU/NA.

Attached Files:

Jinoro likes this.
  7. Franconia

I wasn't surprised.

Jinoro likes this.
  8. MisterJoy

We should write tickets to finally fix npc shais to be censored as well. This is not good.

It is not really accepted by the public, it is just pushed by media and corporations that make money on it and big surprise, all this material got directly pumped in dark net pedophilia sites. According to records, a lot of the material of so called "mother/family influencers" who expose their children and sell 100% of their children privacy create a lot of content, that directly moves into such pedophilia pools.
    Generally it is children in swimsuit, underwear and short dresses and some other weird preferences like diapers.

There are just some rich people, for some reason trying to make the accepted age lower and lower. This was proven again, by the netflix series "cuties".

From the pro groups we see all nuances from "the costumes are not lewd in any way" to "lore says she is 30 so lewd her up to the max please". If we play the game of artificial races we could also say, hey Shais maybe are a race which reaches adulthood at the age of 100?

#1568 MisterJoy, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  9. WinterMilla

Before i reply can Ijust say, Ireally missed the days when gaming and anime was more niche. Iean topics like these rarely came up because it was comman semse that fiction and reality dont mix 1:1. You can write a realistic fiction, but it can never be real as its all made up.

Sice shai is one of the few, if not only character in this game that even has an age, you can say any chacater is any number of years old and no one could tell you otherwise. Isay that to say, why is this really an issue?

There is a character like in a game named Dizzy from Guilty Gear. You dont need to know much about her except she is 8 and married with a child who is about 3 or 4. Sounds really ****ed up right? How could a game have such a young girl do all of that, those mad man. Yes, yes unfortne it and worse people are trying to kill her and she is forced to fight of the horror. Btw she looks like this:
    upload_2020-9-3_8-24-39.png
    Not what you were expecting was it? Most people see her and dont bat an eye. The point in this was that lore matters. Also that reality and fiction don't mix well.

The most annoying part is people only complain about short females. It gets old when a game releases x short female then I hear the word loli thrown around like its going outta style. That word is meaning less to me by the day. But the even wilder part is if a short guy is released nobody says anything at all. Then again guys are supposed to be less valueable nowadays so whatever.

Wild how this [ost already showed people would rather not have the censor. Unless the new claim is that everyone who voted yes to get the model like how litterally everyone else in the world has it are exclusively pedos. Well then again like some said "If girls want the change its ok, but if they any guys they are the pedos". The claims being made from the pro-censor cam is just a logical moon leap and back..

But lets get back to shai. People hate that the lore says she is 40, but then love slapping ages on her and creating ones for classes without age. Hypocriticale already. Says that people should focus on her game play not looks, as the wear cash shop costumes. Almost feels like graphics and game play go hand and hand how about that. "She acts child-like", Like it what way? She is playful and cute sure Ivan by that. But since my "character" has no character outside of emotes and what ever I say in chat. Tell me you look at a zerker and think about how some of the act owo cute in chat. "She sounds Child-like", well sounds like you didn't pic the voice you wanted at the creation screen, theres a value pack for that. What a dumb arguement, short people usually tend to have a lighter voice just as heaveir set people tend to have heavier voices. sure there are the odd ones out bbut usually this is what you expect, thats why when a buff guy who is super build as a light voice your brain goes wild. really eat your heart out on that one. Finally, because pedos/ perverts will play hear. So.....if you play any other classes you cant be anyon of those things....I'm over the monn on that one. The logic.... its so dumb.... I cant.....

levinano, LesserHellspawn and Jinoro like this.
  10. LordSeige

If you played a Shai (I don't think so), you have a quest chain that lead you into the lore of Florin and their culture. One of them is just that, the path that a Shai need to pass to be considered adult, and of course, our Shai already passed that path time ago, before she loses her memories.

Check the outfits in the korean server and tell me if most of them can be considered lewd...

THIS:
    [​IMG]

VS THIS:
    [​IMG]

We are talking about a fiction character, there is no real people involved.
    They are poligons, vertex and textures, but represent our characters and well...

If censorship must still exist, give us a good victorian age french costume.

11. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

The censorship is pure cancer. Sadly game is 16yo, and for this reason i troll and harras players in the game...

12. MisterJoy

I would agree to the point, they should give EU/NA unique costumes for shai, which don't have clipping problems in those areas, they make enough money to make that investment and prolly those then should override the underwear to make that easier.

13. MisterJoy

So you counter me saying that lore age is not the point, with complaining I would make the age number itself the problem? Your example of lore age just shows, that it is not about the number itself, like I said. I mean people started the age numbers to justify it, not the other way round, the pro "anti lewd" were basing it on the char model perceived age and not the given number. So your fictional 8 years old mother is no point against that, acually more for it. Since it would have a different perceived age.

As people liked to bring the obviously lewded up Eilin class from Tera, that lewded costumes generated them the most income from all of the costumes they ever made.
    So I am not for opening that box of pandora, since from the income alone, if PA starts this, they will go all in, since how much money you can make with lewded up minor perceived classes.

Oh and if they made minor perceived male classes in skin tight "hotpants" that should be addressed also. This is not gender exclusive, if they started doing so.

14. Capca

o0ABC0o and Jinoro like this.
  15. Puresunhawk

But of course. They think it probably looks bad censored too but are too stubborn to change what they did because that would mean they made a mistake. *gasp*

16. WinterMilla

No age and lore matters, but what I was hitting at is how illogical it is to for reality on fiction. However, let's replace lore with the word context. If I had not given the img to match what I typed then you would be lead to believe I was talking about a kid. Yet once I showed what she looked like suddenly our real life logic breaks. This applies to shai since they were already an established race in the game. Players who played and reached Florin (and really other places as well) where shown that dispite their looks shai's can range from kids to elders. Knowing this, them deciding to give a character an age since you cant tell by looks like you could with elves, humans, and gaints. Contexted really matters.

If you say people are using age to justify shai and being against the censor, well is that a wrong thing to do? When someone is making a point, they should use every tool in the box to make their case. This is even more true if someone is using said point against you. If some calls you a pedo for playing a "fictonal" character, then why wouldn't you whip out the age card?

The most shocking part is you comment about there being a pro anti-lewd side. From this thread to the last one, its safe to say no one wants to lewd shai. On the contrary people are trying to make wanting the original model sound lewd by suggesting people want it for sexual reasons. Nobody can prove why the original was lewd or even needed a censor, but like to use it as if its just a fact. To take this point further, they added words such as, but not limited to "pedo, child-like, and pervert". Since these words put into any claim will make ignore having to prove anything but demand action, dispite there being to reasoning.... well sound reasing. As I said before people just run with x female character is shorter than y cast so they must be an underaged character end of story. I mean before shai, tamer was the "loli" class.

The thing about tera is... well all of tera is sexual. I won't deny that a character/class could bring in a ton of money and save a game from sinking, the problem is believing loli = big money. The truth is games with loli characters still can go under. I used to play a game named Elsword. They had a character that was short and cute yet the game was tanking until they made a character named eve. Eve wasn't a loli. Eve made the game some money and popuarity. I'm sure other games have stories about x class/race/job/expansion made them a ton of money. Heck looking at WoW and pre-shai bdo shows games live and die for more than a loli.

I'm guessing you mean that tight pants = sexual. Sorry but no. Anything can be sexual depending on who you are. If you think about it we already know when something is sexual and in which "context".

But personally I really dont care what people do to fictional characters as they arent real. Shai was draw and developed by adults and voiced by one to. Everyone consinted to her and rolled her out. But like any characters I don't like from fiction, Iignore them. Kinda like I do with furries, not my thing but hey its all made up, so ill just block it and move on.

17. Mcwill

Mcwill Shai 60 NA

A lot of arguments are bringing up her age, or "apparent" age. What about her apparent age? Are you saying she looks too young? Too young for what, exactly?

If you're trying to say that she looks too young to wear sexy outfits - There are no sexy outfits for Shai
    If you're saying that looks too young to be lewded - nobody here is asking to lewd her.

The fact is, the Shai's age or apparent age is irrelevant. Nothing that we are asking for has any bearing on how old the Shai is. We are only asking for a localization change to be reverted back to the original Korean version.

o0ABC0o, Yumine, Mr_Rata and 7 others like this.
  18. Mr_Rata

I agree. I think this discussion may be useless....
    All we want is only the original Korean version.

19. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

Kakao doesn't give a !"$%$#+ about you, Just stop giving them money in the first place. Then they will listen.

But wimp EU/NA can't gather crowd in order to boycott the game or can't make a petition.
    This topic is now useless and only talk. Stop wasting your time here.
    . ACTIONS make the difference.

As long as the dog only bark nobody cares.

20. Yyiara

I don't see why the thread has to stop, though the topic maybe useless at this point,
    it still brought all these people that love the Shai as a character. That makes it much more of a community than what it started out to be, a discussion about censorship.

Anyways, still amazed this is still alive, people can say what they want but it feels good to have people acknowledge the Shai. Shai doesn't get a lot of love but people here are like "Hey, I love my Shai and I want to be cute on her, I want what the other girls have, freedom." that's not useless.

Also, censorship does kill a game but BDO finds its way. The reason why Tera. (seen someone post it.) is still alive and still doing good for being a very old game "now" is that they decided to remove that censorship because Elin makes them soo much money. Putting the censorship on them was useless, in the first place. It was useless for them to even consider. Here, they don't advertise Shai enough, they don't give her attention so less people looking in don't know about her. All the attention is to the other characters and they do this by sex appeal and pvp, so it's easier for them to ignore Shai.

Jinoro likes this.