1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal to renown a buff to witchards again...

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by TeRRoRibleOne, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Blitzball

Dark Knight is the worst 1v1 class

2. fenzz

i must say. having both @Luxienna and @Blitzball in the same thread makes for an awfully entertaining read.

its like they are playing a different game and feel the need tell us all about it.

keep it up

Arturia Pendragon likes this.
  3. Netreiam

Best laugh I’ve had in a while, thanks.

Do tell how witchards have a better match up than DK against warrior. How about tamer? Zerker? Ninja? Mystic? Lahn?

4. Blitzball

DK has no heals
    DK has no manashield
    DK has no grab
    DK has no resistances buffs
    DK has less burst than Wizard/Witch
    DK has no slow

Wizard / Witch are the god-tier since the release of awakenings.

5. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

i admit that witches(even more than wiz) is in a good spot for 1v1. i was in a good spot back on my witch days where she was officially the worst 1v1 class.

6. Meowingtons

Doesn't matter as much in 1vs1 as movement. How am I going to avoid grabs if my movement is limited to a 7 sec CD teleport? Lahn is a good example for a tough match up. I have to bait her grab otherwise I'm dead. If you die to shift + f cc you are either bad or u experienced cause its very easy to avoid

7. Rena

This comment from reddit is gold:

"its like comparing it to someone using a gun vs someone using a knife. Sure you can win using a knife if your really good and can predict the moves of your oppenent with a gun,but the other guy with a gun would have a easier time winning. Because a gun have a lot of advantages against a knife.."

Both witch/wiz are bad 1vs1, Witch is lot more predictable /slow and has no grab

8. Desibabez94

LOL well said.

9. Desibabez94

Can confirm, am a DP memevasion witch. While I miss the old protected area, even the newer and shorter one is OP, omega.

10. Desibabez94

But PA “nerf” made PA shorter, lel.

11. Desibabez94

“2OP plz nerf.”

12. Desibabez94

This!

-can easily get to max PvP res
    -has 2 separate heals
    -has a double teleport
    -several blocks, armor spells and shields
    -decent cc when used properly
    -amazing in group fights
    -can stack DP and be a nasty tank
    -fast clear speed

...But witch is a dead class tho. Oh, okay.

13. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Witches and wiz nerfs:
    -longer cd on PA
    -slpit damage on blizzard
    -capped pet damage which in turn lowered damage from awakening skills
    -pull ablility
    there are others but not to many.

The class overall though is strong and been that way since pre SA nerf, as it stands though witch is the better of the 2 even though it doesnt have a grab.

While it sucks being just a number in the PA rotation in nodes and sieges we can still hold against most classes since its the same mechanic for us as it is them who cc's first wins.

The exception usually end up being compentant warriors , strikers and worse offenders tend to be mystic due to cc potential and overall tankiness.

Then there is also specing for evasion builds which is currently very viable with adds giving 3-5% evasion buff and 10-15 dp on skills that can be spamed.

Then you top it off with the E buff
    - 700 mp recovery
    -20% cast and crit rate
    -20 ap
    -15% all accuracy
    -12% all evasion
    -15 dp and mana recovery on hits

I do happen to also play a lvl 62 witch both dp meme and ap
    2018-12-24_155817017 nearly done ap.jpg 2018-12-24_155809167 meme.jpg

The class may not be top fragger anymore in nodes and sieges but are in a much better place then others

14. Noixi

QFT.

I'll add on to that.
    MMA used to be spammable. Not anymore.
    All non-AWK spells used to do actual damage to pvp enemies of SIGNIFICANCE.
    - - Now they don't.
    - - Literally Lightning, Chain Lightning, Fireball, Freeze even, Meteor, Blizzard, Earthquake.
    - - Only Absolute Blizzard, Sage Rage (Rabam's Fireball), and ~maybe~ Trembling Thunder do any significant damage in pvp.
    - - Not even Absolutes of Earthquake, Lightning, Fireball, Freeze, Meteor, and Chain Lightning do any significant damage in pvp.
    - - - And I know this cause I tried them for a month, a full non-AWK to absolute spec build, for a month.
    - - Pfft, Absolute MMA, is such a JOKE, it literally does less damage than Water Sphera, and I know this cause I actually tried it, let alone absolute concentrated magic arrow.

In the beginning of Water Sphera it could be cast STANDING STILL, Yes! We could climb a tall object and get out of the way of WELEE attacks, and spam the ONE ranged dps spell in AWK. But then they add "properly moves you forward" when cast.

But don;t worry folks!
    As of 18 DEC, I tried the NEW pvp, and it is going to eat this OLD pvp's lunch.
    The new pvp has INCREDIBLE ranged dps. I tried it last week. With zoom-in sniper scope head-shots!
    Everyone can get invis, blink, fireballs, jump boots, and forms of illusion, and there is NO DISPARITY from gear.
    One can RUN at full sprint, and cast spells, use bows/arrows, and other ranged dps combat.
    And just simple things like, being able to shot through a window or door, without the STUPID targeting reticle thinking the ledge of the window is too high up, is not a factor. People can even do ranged dps when jumping down! And jumping up!

Literally in the new pvp, one can get a ranged weapon, and aim at enemies HUNDREDS of feet away. HUNDREDS.
    Literally, one can aim at an enemy, whose silhouette appears so small due to the range, that they appear more like a stick figure icon.
    - As opposed to an up close WELEE attack.

The real good hope is that the bdo has seen the new pvp too, and has already started down the path of mimicking it, so MAYBE, once the new pvp gets released, the bdo devs will have to add ranged dps back to this game, and get rid of these STUPID ranged dps impediments.

There is no way, people are going to stick with this OLD pvp style in BDO, where you have to stand still to cast a lightning bolt, but at the same time, you can't actually stand still cause it properly moves you backwards, to make you fall off the ledge, and do no significant damage or CC.

15. SriMieru

Two cents from a "casual" player with 430-440gs (198ap) lv59, who mostly plays solo a single waifu witch cause i dont have time for alts.

I get chased out of every spot in the game starting from mediah.
    I could fight a bit at sausans before, even 2v1, until someone with the same GS came and wiped the floor with me in 2s.

From mediah, its mission impossible to secure a spot for an hour. I get outfarmed, and i mean REALLY outfarmed at nagas, cadry, fogans, crescents, gahaz...every class is faster than witch to kill any mob, pack of mob, elite mob, anything really.
    Ok, i can kill a full pack at nagas in a single spell, but any other class can move between packs faster, and has faster cast speed, so in the end, witch just have the worse efficiency.

And people steal spot if they're nice, cause they know they can just flag and kill us in few seconds.

Now i dont know all the technicalities like you no lifes, but i have a good feeling on how things are.

Witch for PvE is TRASH. And i mean UTTER TRASHY TRASH. I've been comparing XP/hour with some Musa and archers friends. At equivalent GS, Musa can gain TWICE the XP/hour at nagas compared to witch, because witch IS SO FRICKIN SLOW to move between packs and have an atrocious castspeed on everything. It feels like every other class has better DPS in the end, cause they can cancel animations, and move in an instant between packs.
    Now i can go faster than some classes at same GS in spots like Basilisk which are more suited to big **** burst of dmg, but theses are the shitty spots, and when you get contested, its a 3Million GS no-lifer on a striker alt who dont even bother to talk to you before killing you in a spell while scratching his balls at the same time.

Witch for 1v1 PvP is TRASH. And i mean DOGSHIT TRASH. Every other class litterally just have to move all around you, and wait for a hole in SA chain, or just wait for the witch to give up by herself after having motion sickness due to moving 180 every second to keep the **** in aim while seeing all her spells hitting the air.
    Every class can move faster than witch can cast spells. PvP is just casting at the right time, hoping to catch the guy in your spell first, then hoping for a knockdown, then hoping he doesnt have more than 220DP so you can put him half life while he's on the ground, then just raging cause everyone can get away from witch anyway.

NOW, i've leveled an archer to 45 in few hours i think, and OMFG, this just feels WAY WAY better. Everything is fluid, you can move between packs four times as fast, and in the end, you feel like you do three to four times more damage than a witch in the same amount of time.

Teleport is ****.

Rena likes this.
  16. TeRRoRibleOne

You have 198 AP...... and not even level 61 which is the current level softcap......

Desibabez94 likes this.
  17. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

actually, the higher he gets, worse he becomes kinda. at that gearlevel tho, he should maybe even have advantage vs samegeared people. vs higher geared hardly, whatever his gear.

Rena likes this.
  18. Exaah

come on, he isnt even 60, he doesnt even have all his skills lol

19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

true, dat flow on 60 is important.

20. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

How does unlocking more or higher level skills help when he already 1hit the mobs?

Does higher level skill make him move faster?

Do more AP make him move faster?