1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove bonus M-DEF from Striker & Mystic

Discussion in 'PvP' started by jangalangz, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Condiments

I think everyone already knows the current status and how little damage even 270 AP does, but you're welcome to make the footage and post it here, so that I can review it and quit my class indefinitely.

2. Skarrlette

Skarrlette Sorceress 62 NA

I dint bring it up? someone else did..

3. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

I have a 62 witch with 266 AP and a 61 mystic with 258 AP. The chance of a 266 AP witch killing a 258 AP mystic is abysmally low. Sure, I can occasionally get lucky and kill a mystic that knows how to fight a witch. But I can’t do it anywhere near even 20% if the time.

I am not arguing that mystics or strikers need a nerf. They likely need a magic damage nerf, just like witches need a large scale pvp nerf, and ninja/sorc need an iframe nerf. Many classes have aspects they are overpowered at and singling just one out can seem unfair. With that said, arguing that all magic damage class can fight an equally skilled/geared mystic is ridiculous. Yes, sorcs can. Yes, tamers (partial magic damage) can. But witch/wizard/DK can’t.

Soulo, Crimson_Scarlet and jangalangz like this.
  4. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

if they remove mystic defense "which i dont think they even have that magic dp crap" then they should increase her damage. witch and wizard have free extra 20 Magic AP, they have a skill that lowers the targets dp "lighthouse" , people want mystic to become completely trash, hurting the players who have invested time and money into the class. mystic is balanced right now, and if she ever gets even more nerf then ill just leave this game, i have a video clip i did of my last RBF, and it was nothing but a group of witches and wizards AOE spamming the spawn point and people dying in the process with nothing they can do to retaliate,

5. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

Because the fancy pose is part of the skill. Most classes have those skills and good players know how to use them properly. The sa does not linger because the skill is still finishing.
    It is a big difference as when the sa would linger, they could use other skills while still being in sa from previous skill. Gotta differentiate that.

Soulo likes this.
  6. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Oh boy, Sorc White Knights.

anyways, Magic DP was supposed to be a direct counter to the magic based class users. However There was a update in KR, not sure if it hit NA/EU yet, but The Magic DP was supposed to stay the same, but the Magic classes ie, Dark Knight, Witch, Wizard, ought to do 4% more damage to the Striker and Mystic.

Funny thing about that is that, they forgot about Sorc and Tamer. Not sure as to 'why' but, it is what it is...

7. Asterotis

We've had that patch since Mystic's release actually.

8. TheYoda

I don't know what to tell yall then. And I'm a Tamer, I gave up hope a looooong time ago.
    I life skill and chop wood in safe zones, I no longer pvp anymore.

All the Free T8's do for me was something to do and keep me busy to lvl up and max out the skills. :3

9. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

You can't chop wood in safe zones. All the gathering occurs outside towns and cities. Once manos comes out, you will need to pvp and its gonna come to bite you when you don't have any gear/experience to fight off other players that want to gather at your spot.

10. okatsu

Word is that Amulet is calculated entirely on melee damage while Scythe has 0 melee damage and full magic damage. Most sorcs I know don't have trouble with striker/ mystic damage wise.

11. Asterotis

At this point, I think everyone should realize by now that certain classes are meant to counter others as a means of balancing. Archer is basically a counter to Lahns, so expect Lahn players to start crying their eyes out. Players asking for the removal or nerf of another classes' skills, don't like being countered, it also accounts a player's skill as well.

12. TheYoda

Which is why I'm not clingy to this incompetent gaming company.
    I can careless.

13. Kusaragii

Both classes really don't need it. Should be removed.

Solo and jangalangz like this.
  14. Kurejiin

You are aware that Wiz/Witch are built for large scale PvP? Striker & Mystics are duellists and a good choice for people with 1v1 ambitions.

Every MMORPG has its stone/scissors/paper system ..... only BDO players want a "I can kill everyone"-class.

Animagic likes this.
  15. jangalangz

Don't get discouraged! It's only Striker and Mystic we struggle with lol.

16. jangalangz

You don't think Mystic & Striker have high Magic Defense? It's a known fact... I can attest to this having just left Striker in the dust due to boredom. During my 6 months playing Striker, dk, wiz, and witch were ZERO threat.

17. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

guys whatever you dp, dont say the bad i word

18. devante

Sure, take it away. But give them something in its place. No magic dr, but increase damage for example. You can't seriously think taking away a core feature of a class without giving something to try and offset it won't kill the class? That would be like me demanding you increase the percentage of split damage on witch and wizard drastically without giving them a single buff. Makes no sense, unless your plan is to kill the class.

19. devante

And yet you probably 2 shot everyone else. Maybe they should take away mystic/striker dr and nerf all magic damage and damage in general.

20. jangalangz

Give them more? Strikers have plenty of damage. If anything Mystic needs a bit more at lower AP levels, but Striker can 1 Combo 294 DP w/ Urugons at 230ish AP.

As it stands now, Striker and Mystic both can destroy magic classes with a few skills while taking hardly any damage from them. Is this fair to the other melee classes that do not have broken magic defense?