1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove bonus M-DEF from Striker & Mystic

Discussion in 'PvP' started by jangalangz, Oct 30, 2018.

1. devante

And magic classes can melt everyone else. So lets remove magic dr, yet nerf damage over all. that way no one can get two shotted. I can agree to those terms easily and happily.

2. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

So its fine for strikers to one shot everyone, have OP magic DR and are super tanky too huh? I guess you love having the full set of roles yet magic classes are glass cannons and are all squishy except for sorc iframes but thats another problem altogether ...

jangalangz likes this.
  3. jangalangz

I am fine with anything so long as it means Strikers and Mystics can be killed on equal footing by magic classes.

4. hawkmanlol492

Dude, with 270 AP you can kill anything no matter what class you play. The fact that you don't proves you're bad.

5. jangalangz

I'll get this video together to show you damage comparisons between non-striker/mystic and striker/mystic.

#45 jangalangz, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2018
  6. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

I don’t disagree with you. I think the classes should be a bit more viable in all aspects of the game, but I am fine with the classes being different. But read the post I quoted and responded to. He claims a witch can 1v1 a striker or mystic of similar gear. He uses low gear wizard/witch/DK examples to make it look like all those complaining have low gear. My response was targeted to his (the reason I quoted his response).

7. thdsm

I'm just sitting here wondering why witchard players think they should be able to 1v1 mystics and strikers in the first place. I mean, if we agree that we should, then why shouldn't mystics and strokers be able to full heal themselves and allies in a second or so, and give other team buffs like pa, attack speed etc, as well as have ranged skills that reach across the screen?

8. Netreiam

Why not just gate it behind some sort of buff that also reduces their damage? That way they would only want to use it in group content where it was intended to be "balanced"

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

u really think its okay they basically stand almost no chance in those matchups? im not saying it cant happen, but in game where people think its ok to have community rules about duel for spots, it should be a viable option.

jangalangz likes this.
  10. thdsm

I think that PA made some classes too specialized for their own good, which in a game where everyone needs to be self sufficient leads to problems. By giving witchards too much utility of the kind almost no other classes have they doomed them to have weaknesses in other areas, because if they didn't, why wouldn't everyone be playing them? They would need to be reworked in order to fit in better, but tbh I think there's enough similar classes already to perhaps it's better if they staid unique like that?

11. WhySoSeeryus

id be more than fine with nerf to PA (so it is not chainable) and heal efficiency on allies. hell, lower the effect of speed spell on them as well. :p

12. devante

A....Are you mentally impaired? Mystic can't one shot without insane gear.

13. devante

I like you. Most want to have something vital removed, without giving any ground.

14. Netreiam

Like LSA :(

15. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

i doubt archer will be a counter to lahns, more like sorc is a counter to lahn

16. WhySoSeeryus

no takers? i wonder why.

17. Netreiam

I mean, maybe a post in pvp chat would get more traction. Nobody is probably looking here.

Also while heal and speed spell are nice everyone really just wants the PA. Hence why valks are also gear waived for seiges.

18. thdsm

What did you expect, people giving you offers for your brilliant ideas? We are not devs btw. That said, if heal efficiency got nerfed in exchange for mobility and speed buffs, it would need to be global, i.e. affecting self as well and not only allies. Otherwise wizards would be unkillable if they suddenly had the ability to stall the fight long enough for the megaheals to go off cooldown.

19. Boojangles

no no no. fk that dam vacuum mystic has as well as their flows scaling with other abilities. Only the newer classes have flows that are modified based off of other skills. Oh yea and pets having 100% accuracy is sketch.

20. thdsm

Tamer says hi.

TheYoda and Asterotis like this.