1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove ghille out of RBF.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MindBlowing, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

you do know that the F P in FPS is First person? which gives you a significantly different vantage for player tracking compared to that of MMOs which is generally more top down which actually does give the player the effect of blending into the floor.

It’s not a matter of blind, the ghilli is factually more difficult to keep you eyes on for a great many players. I myself have above average vision and generally very good reaction times, but fighting a ghilli is a bit of an irritation. I don’t know if I’ve ever lost a fight for that reason alone, but it’s certainly been a contributing factor.

To me it seems clear that the general consensus by many is that you should wear a ghilli in pvp to make it harder to track, which many do. There’s not a lot of sense In denying what is actually occurring (that being the purchase of ghilli for the purpose of gaining a perceived pvp benefit) the reaping of said benefit will vary per adversary. It’s established that you don’t find trouble with it, but you also admit you own one? What was the reason you bought it? Can you with 100% honesty say you did purchase it without the intent of gaining that combat advantage where possible?

Also I do believe you may have at least have some degree of bias as an owner of aforementioned ghilli.

2. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

Friggin double posts.

#22 Arvalo, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  3. LogicaI

,, I do not spend $ on the game,I sell bossgear for pearls,i HAVE spent $ on the game i just do not any longer if i can help it of course.

The ghilli was gifted to me as payment.
    ^ Just answering a few of your questions at first to get that out of the way.

As i said i do believe it has an advantage in open world as you can see in my previous post below.
    As for my reason for owning one? Owpvp humorous situations ensue as to how i use it.
    So there is my intent^ for "gaining/owning" a ghili to begin with.

But i also conceded that

But to expand upon that. Being poor is a choice & There is/are ways to fix eyesight issues/surgeries/glasses/etc of course there are exceptions to every rule.

Do i think it has it's advantages in RBF? I am not so sure. I am currently not confident saying yes or no to that question. However currently i lean more toward no. As i have previously stated i am willing to change my opinion based on any good argument/evidence posed to me however that has good finding/merit.

I already know people are coming to kill me in RBF unlike open world pvp(the other place ghilli works), Therefor i am more aware than normal.
    I have no issue seeing characters through skill effects.
    I have good hand eye coordination,sight and reaction times. (Exceptions for those disabled and other exceptions obviously exist)
    Losing a name above a persons head does not remove a persons character model.

For those reasons ^ and many others i could probably muster if i was encouraged i currently lean toward no. Of course that is not a solid no. I am still open to suggestion .

Never good to be too sure of your self i suppose.(strokes my own ego) lol ^_^

4. Ateena

Lmao, I wonder what would happen if in CS:GO or other competitive games, you can't distinguish allies from enemies... Red colored name tags are there for a reason..or team skins. Do you even understand the purpose of ghilie suits in the army? It's to blend/camoflage with the environment, thus making yourself harder to spot and track. Oh, wait, that's exactly what happens in BDO too. Who would have thought..
    But why do I even bother replying to a troll and a liar? I advice everyone not to even bother.
    Btw..again...waiting to hear you gw2 name. And don't forget screenshot of your BDO character list, I wanna see all these level 60s.

5. damascus

Given that some people do have some kind of vision impairment such as astigmatism, color blind issues or just less than 20/20 vision is it any surprise that using a ghillie makes it harder for these people to compete on a level playing field? We're not asking for changes because people with 20/20 vision are having issues, but because a percentage of the player base do have vision issues.

Or are we okay again with discrimination in this day and age?

#25 damascus, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  6. LogicaI

Oh god.. This is what it turns into now... -_-

7. Pigmanfu

Lol do you touch your self while posting your pretentious crap? I’ll feed you as well this one time. You must need to attention and your ego boosted so that you feel so damn intelligent.

Fact is, if you are half as intelligent as you try to make out, you know damn well it’s an advantage for any pvp battle, however slight. Finding and tracking another player in a game where ever second counts...

Live your life through the forums brow beating people if you must. Maybe this trolling is all you have for fun. I know I had fun typing this, knowing I’ll never look at your pathetic response to show me your “muscle”.

SexGawdTy and Ateena like this.
  8. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

The rerecognition of the opponents location in pvp is just way faster with the red name than with the character model alone. Especially after teleport/blink abilities this is a huge advantage. Sorcs for example benefit from it quite a lot in my opinion. I do not know why this is such a mystery to some players. If it would not be like this you would not see people using them so often in pvp or even switching to them after they died once.
    Another thing is that it is a lot harder to identify keyplayers and focus them if you can not see their names. So which "class x" are you going to try and cc first? The one with 270 ap or the poor only softcap guy?

SexGawdTy and Ashlinidor like this.
  9. LogicaI

If it satiates your assumptions i will just agree with all of your accusations/assumptions of me if it makes you more willing to open debate and to expand upon your opinion.However i think it is important to note to justify a response from you: I really don't invest much if any emotion into the forum or ill will/negative intent, just what is necessary to function as a human being and nothing more.

So no i am not "trolling" regardless of if you wish to impose that assumption. I am not being pretentious nor am i attempting to stroke my own ego.

No where in my posts here did i try to establish my intelligence or say i was of higher intelligence than others. Nor would i find it useful in this scenario. I do not think people are very willing to share their opinion with you when you say to them "Look i think i'm smarter than you,but i want your opinion anyway"

As for:

brow·beat
    ˈbrouˌbēt/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: browbeating
    1. intimidate (someone), typically into doing something, with stern or abusive words.
    I don't see where i have been intimidating others or being abusive.

And lastly as for showing my muscle.
    Intellectual muscle? I don't think this would be the proper symposium to do so.
    Physical muscle? I am past my prime years in that area. Whilst i still have some i am sure there are 14 year old's that would make me look puny BMI wise.
    Regardless i don't see the point of either.

I realize I & others have agendas. One cannot be without. I also think there is no selfless act and those two ideas/realities go hand in hand.
    But i can say this...I was just here to have discussion, I was not aware we all had to have some deep,underlying and malicious intent to do so.

Or am i the exception? And only ( i )must have such a detestable intent?

10. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

All it does is hide the name. Stop looking for names. Look for numbers and character models. Having trouble seeing at night? Raise your gamma.

11. AsyaTheBoatKing

I dont know what problems you all have i never have any issue to hit and kill players with ghillie suits.... ohhh wait i remember i play wizzard:).

#31 AsyaTheBoatKing, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    SexGawdTy and Lateral like this.
  12. Eardwynn

You probably don't RBF a lot, I RBF 10-20 times a day. People paint their ghillies mint green, making it VERY hard to tell that they are the enemy right away. Ghillie suits should be disabled in RBF just like they have been in node/siege wars.

Flood, SexGawdTy, Ateena and 2 others like this.
  13. Nohmad

How something so simple cannot be acknowledge by some regarding the prime advantage of wearing a ghillie costume in PvP ?
    The only plausible explanation i can find is personal interest in keeping that advantage no matter what.

For a game known, among other things, for old school grind and open world PvP, this costume should have never been introduced - specially under premium monetization only.

It would make a little more sense if it had karma requirements to wear, giving advantages but with a penalty and was an aesthetic alternative to similar bonus costumes purchased with ingame currency + meeting requirements.

For me, it's harder to track a ghillie person mixed with mobs, other players and at night - apart from the suggestion above, i'd removed it from the game and refund the pearl cost regardless of how it was acquired.

Edit: it should be disabled in any instanced PvP by default.

14. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

I do, actually. Not 10-20 times a day, but I'm A-Rank, despite being a potato. :3

Just gotta use your eyes man. Play smart. Play cautious.

15. Code

For someone who tries to display coherent sentences, logic and arguments based on facts, that response shows your true nature and level of intelligence. There's a very particular thing that is very easy to spot when it comes to people like you, which is that they try to appear more intelligent and smarter than they actually are. Actually you're not, you just present your message in a "nicer" way, that's all.

Your response was ignorant, selfish and shows how little you actually care about what others think in comparison to what you think. What he said might not necessarily be a valid point to consider on this topic, or it might actually be. Regardless, you responded in very primitive manner.

SexGawdTy and Saphirah like this.
  16. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Doesn't bother me.
    It's actually good awareness training IMO.
    The real problem is the servers. The lag is insane.

17. Ateena

You are not far from the truth but you are really wasting your time with him. 16 yo kid with a fedora who watches Christopher Hitchens on youtube and thinks "Erm meh gawd, I'm now intellectual and highly articulated".
    Yep, he's a troll, I've caught him several times lying his ass off but he doesn't want to prove me wrong : )

18. LogicaI

Ahh yes Code. The person who used to follow me and Astra thread to thread just to argue with us at all costs,And how are you? Still using outrage as a form of debate?

19. GingerBreadTiger

They should remove it, and give money back, not pearls but $. With the crap servers i need to get as much money back from this pile of doodo as i can.

20. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

As the owner of 2 ghillie suits myself, I can say that I bought them purely for PvP advantages. Paint them mint green and people will have a hard time seeing you, especially at night. It make it even harder for people to see you if you play classes like DK and Musa.

I don't mind if they remove the ability for the suit to hide your name in RBF.

FPS like CSGO and OW, OW have enemy names in red so you can identify them (anyone can have the same skin). CSGO models are vastly difference from one another so you can easily identify the enemies from your team (just look at T vs CT models). In BDO, anyone can have the same outfit and the same dye which make it hard to see without their name in red on top.