1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Low Options, only keep Remastered and non remastered High.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WaifuJanna, Oct 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broodex

Broodex PvP Sorceress 62 NA

This was a pointless thread all and all... it's not going to happen.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  2. Skully

Skully Fremder Guardian 62

best answer :-D

MoonDance17 likes this.
  3. LesserHellspawn

While that is true, the suggested solution would only mean that the 5000 € PC player loses some FPS, while the 500 € PC player can't play at all anymore.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  4. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I play in remastered so this wouldn't affect me in the slightest but nani? Do you ever read back what you post before actually posting it?
    I get what you mean about streamers not being a great ad for the game when they play in super NES mode, but the taking away settings below remastered and high is insane. Do you think the same amount of people watching BDO in crap mode who are turned off by that will now play BDO in high - remastered when they realize how much of a stress that will be on their graphics cards if they are not running decent gpu's (and cpu's)?
    Do you know the 1st thing about how games are rendered?

FairlyEnjoyable and Life2v like this.
  5. Myntiix

K E K W
    E
    K
    W

6. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

They should also remove breast sliders from female customizations just so a certain person stops playing this game, thank you.
    Come on, you are aware how silly this sounds?
    I have barely 60fps on my pc with very high settings, and I do enjoy pvp still. I used to play for a long time on a worse pc, and could barely play on low settings.
    FPS damage numbers are an issue, but this isn't fixing anything. You are suggesting to ''cure'' a person by killing them I:
    ......ehh anyway I hope you are not serious in this thread. I won't stick around to find out, I'm out.

Naho and MoonDance17 like this.
  7. TheLichKingZeyd

obvious troll is obvious, the less you reply the better

8. TheLichKingZeyd

you're not any better :P

9. Myntiix

Are you?

10. TheLichKingZeyd

you know what they say, it takes one to know one ;)

11. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

the chance we get actually the exaclty same settings as console is very high... We get UI updates very often to get more and more into the same as console... It wouldn't be the first time a Developer build one UI/Setting/Design for all consoles globaly...

They will safe alot of time, if they have the same design for all platforms.. And so far as i heard (i dont play console), there is not even a Grafic setting in console, its automatically "high".
    So it wouldnt be a out of the box thinking or even a surprices if we would have the same situation as console in the future , too... Or we get the Next Gen Version, that most games in 2020 have. There is no Grafic setting, the Grafic effefcts automatically chosen based on your Hardware.

12. PancakeRift

You do realise the majority of MMO players have toasters for PC's right??

BloodLeshen likes this.
  13. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

no, and do you realise the minimum system requirements are from 2015... So everyone who has a PC age <5 years is safe.....

14. Spartakatz

dumbest post in quite a long time.
    "game would be smoother if we have remaster only" haha

and you really think that LOD is done by hand?

then you probably also think if you resize a picture in photoshop, there are 100 little miniature people sitting in your computer redesigning that picture of yours.

go back to your cave.

FairlyEnjoyable, Life2v and MADE like this.
  15. Sharkey

Let's deconstruct this.

Console games, be they mmorpgs or singleplayer games, generally don't give you the option to change the graphic settings because your console's hardware tends to be locked in place. You won't buy a new graphics card for your ps4 just to play bdo on remastered.

That next gen version of graphic settings you are talking about in 2020 is also not a real change. The graphic settings as they exist currently in the game will still exist, the work they put into creating them also still exists, what changes is that an AI selects them for you. This would not be a change whatsoever.

Also, about your claim regarding them having to create assets 6 times with current settings, this is not how asset's are made. Graphic settings are a set of predetermined rules that determine how the game scales asset quality and changes predetermined settings like AA or switching V-Sync on or off. This is generally a rather small amount of work compared to initial creation of assets, really any game dev would be absolutely idiotic if they created assets many times over, in game design its generally the norm to try and reuse as many assets as possible to reduce costs.

Lastly the debate about this fixing the FPS = DMG issue is completely nonsensical, this doesnt fix ****, all it does is that it makes people with worse pc's do less damage, anyone with a pc worth a few thousand euro's still retains their advantage. Arguably this just makes the game's pay2win aspect that much bigger by allowing an easy noticeable impact if you have an expensive pc. Want to do big dmg? RTX 3090 is waiting for you!

FairlyEnjoyable and MoonDance17 like this.
  16. PancakeRift

Minimum system specs are for minimum graphics at an average of 30 to 60fps during standard gameplay...

A PC that is 5 years or older is not "safe" for high/RE... Get out of your bubble.

Many players are on systems with old as heck GPU's. I had a 760TI until July of 2019...

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  17. Prowly

All I know is that this game screams p2w on the inside and out.
    Super high end pc for high FPS = more damage
    Cron melting and seemingly an exorbitant amount of money can be obtained by selling pearl items

18. Megta

Megta Archer EU

You can't change the graphic settings on a console, because they all have the same hardware. So it doesn't matter if your PS4 is 6 years old or brand new, they both got the same hardware! And the same goes for the xbox one x.

19. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

You ca buy gear in almost all mmorpgs and can buy the right to loot the mainboss in all mmorpgs ...

20. Myntiix

oh yeah because you cant buy gold in WoW right?
    Every game has p2w either its sellingcostumes in bdo / melting them
    or buy straight up gold from gold sellers in other games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.