1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remove ocean current and wind

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GamePois0n, Aug 17, 2020.

1. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

I literally cannot move, why the devs always have to make something so damn cancer. I can literally swim faster WITHOUT A COSTUME than my ship... I am at a lost of words

#1 GamePois0n, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    Khyrai and Jinoro like this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

Ocean currents and sea winds offer a great advantage for those that learn how to use them, and how to defeat them.

3. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

And they are a horrible addition to the game to everyone else. Currents force you to take certain paths through the ocean, and winds shifting randomly can make certain paths unusable without any way of knowing. The RNG in this game is bad enough already, RNG TRAVELLING THOUGH? Come on man, this is in no way a good addition to the game.

Khyrai, ODB3698, Jinoro and 4 others like this.
  4. BlueSatin_old

The problem right now is... winds do almost nothing against currents.
    I don't know at this point if currents changes in Margoria, but that is not realist. Sea currents does not change by time, they always have a path in the real life.
    We don't have any tool to follow that paths becasue we can't draw them, and is really hard to cross Margoria Sea, seems like always the winds or the currents are in opossite directions point where you point.

The currents and winds almost block the ship in some situations, what is expected is to reduce something, not all the movement.

Khyrai, Jinoro, Ubbles and 1 other person like this.
  5. Factorial

It's a bad system that creates more problems than actually solving them. If there was an in game tool to see the winds and currents in real time, this would be a skill based thing. Now it's just another nuisance layer of rng as if we don't already have enough of those.

It gets old really quick.

Khyrai and Jinoro like this.
  6. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

I have a 140 speed galleous working on a Carrack even with that my boat hardly moves most of the time. You can go one direction and the current is hitting you in the face then go back the same way opposite and current is still hitting you in the face, I really dont get the point of why its even in the game.

Khyrai, ODB3698, Jinoro and 3 others like this.
  7. Abovethelaw

It's fun to look at lazy people complain about mechanic without knowing anything about the system LOOOOOOOOOOL.
    • First of all: If you turn off the sail, it doesn't affect your boat movement speed AT ALL.
    • Second: Current is great, it helps you move faster in certain directions. Wind can changes but current never changes. With those information given, how about stop spending the energy into the hole you call mouth and try to figure which is the best path?

8. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

I bet you love buying crons off pearl shop and calls people stupid for not doing that

Khyrai, ODB3698 and Jinoro like this.
  9. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

First of all, you are right in that you can turn off the sail, and almost everybody does because the wind never seems to help you. Second, current is trash because it forces you in certain paths that in some cases make you take far longer than if there were no currents at all, and if the current is against you, no amount of wind will help. So how about you stop spending the energy into the hole you call mouth and stop shilling for bad mechanics in the hope that daddy PA will give you better RNG?

Khyrai, ODB3698, Jinoro and 3 others like this.
  10. Factorial

You really don't get. We are talking about the bad implementation of this mechanic which renders it annoying and ultimately useless. You said it yourself in no less terms.

Khyrai, seanas and Jinoro like this.
  11. Abovethelaw

You are not entirely wrong about this. I call people who cry like a little kids about in-game mechanic instead of trying to understand and take advantage of it stupid.
    "IF THE CURRENT AGAINST YOU" LMAO you are exactly what I would call players cry about in-game mechanic. Since current is constant, some players went ahead and map out the current of ocean for players like you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now what you have to do is to plan out what path you have to take with given info. If it's too hard, please do the world a favor and quit the game.

p/s: Have criers here ever wondered why Planes / Boats take certain path instead of straight line?

12. Traxxle

Currents and winds, as implemented in BDO, are an utter fiasco.

1) They are unrealistic and illogical.
    2) They add nothing to gameplay.
    3) They have crippled usage of small boats on the ocean, for no good reason whatsoever.
    4) They are far too strong.

There is no good reason for keeping them in game. They should be scrapped.

13. Beeso

Taoism in action.

Joungf likes this.
  14. Joungf

15. KeK0011

KeK0011 62 EU

I like how this amassador in particular glorifies every single crap mechanic in this game

16. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

I removed all my sea missions and i deleted my ships for this reason. I lost all my interest in sea in a few current/wind festival sessions.

PS: Btw I always loved the Altinova trap :) That 40 current its a perfect blockade to never exit again from there.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  17. Traxxle

Exactly. BDO currents appear to have been dropped into place by a baboon.

18. Beeso

Just because Taoism, doesn’t mean you can’t have too much coffee.

#thetaoofcoffeedrinking

Joungf likes this.
  19. Cpt_Rookie

Keep them. I like them. And with help of the maps that were posted here earlier (and also other maps posted on sailing discord), one can always find optimal route.

20. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

Yeah, an optimal route, like when you need to go northeast through margoria you can go.....oh wait. The currents are unnecessary and frustrating, and even taking the optimal route with currents could make a trip take longer than before they existed going straight to your destination, for literally no reason. Not to mention that no body of water ever would make that level of varied currents.

Khyrai and MoonDance17 like this.