1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove "pvp" from the game.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prochilles, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Hyppocritten

I agree untill your last sentence.

Edremis likes this.
  2. the9thresident

the9thresident Kirin Valkyrie 57 NA

i don't understand why if they can and did give u guys a PvP only server can't we have a pure PvE server and a pure RP server?
    seems like it would settle a lot of this easily

3. Allecarius

Pure PvE server? resources are not instanced they are shared. You would have all fishing and gathering spots overcrowded. RP server? What would stop people from using the RP server as a regular server?

Edremis likes this.
  4. tallywacker

Well someone just found out they are playing the wrong game

I would say to list your items before you uninstall but I think enough grunil has been sold already you can keep it

5. Cosmic Soul

Personally I view pvp as pro wrestling sports, the only difference is instead of weight classes you have gear classes and its allot more random and chaotic so I do not take it seriously. I am mostly here for the pvp, but if pvp is to ever been taken more seriously there needs to be a less emphasis on gear, on the other hand people need incentive to grind and I get that I am just saying there needs to be a way to close the gap more for pvp.

adRocZ likes this.
  6. Narcose

Or you can just quit the game and go play a game without PvP.

This game is centered around PvP and a server without PvP is stupid - just like your post.

P.S. It's not a PvP-only server it's a karma-free server. Idiot.

Edremis likes this.
  7. Nyhver

It's a weird mixture of traditional mmorpgs/rpgs and time investment games with more skillful games like fighting games. I agree with you.

One thing MMORPGs have going for them is the world that you use to interact with people in and do stuff in outside of the fight, the duel, the battleground, unlike fighting games where it's just you and the solo training to refine muscle memory, combos, knowledge and then the sparring moments. There is no world interaction and character interaction outside of those two things. That's what people want, and normally and maybe for a long time, or forever, MMORPGs will always have a gear grind element to them. I just think that to you, me and a lot of other people, it's a case of having grinded and being over it now, and the only thing the grind is useful for outside of rare moments where you want to do it is only useful for stepping into the depths of character learning for pvp, and world learning of the game. Once the rose colored goggles of starting new fade we'd rather practice PvP if needed and duel and progress through PvP, instead of doing some PvE stuff, especially monotonous things. And gear shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PrimaGoosa likes this.
  8. Natsett

PA grew from a company of 80 to a company of over 300.

But the salty guy on the internet will tell them that pvp is killing their game. The only product they sell that grew them to 300 employees.

If I was PA I'd be laughing at your post, as I drove my dump truck full of money to the bank, right before I became listed on the stock market.

Did I mention that the money this game makes them is making it possible for them to start trading stock in the company.

What were you saying about pvp killing the game?

9. Narcose

Maybe if you spent less time posting on the forums and more time PvPing you wouldn't suck so much at it.

10. Prochilles

Skill is irrelevant, not just in the game itself, but in this argument. The problem is desync and all the other things listed above. Your replies are gaining substance, but still lack decency.

11. Narcose

I'm not trying to be decent.

Play the game - or don't play. But don't cry on the forums either if you aren't gonna play.

#71 Narcose, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  12. PrimaGoosa

Centered around PvP? Debatable. You aren't even potentially flagged for PvP until level 50, and there's absolutely no incentive to OWPvP besides trying to claim land. If you want to competitively PvP, what do you have to do? PvE until your eyes ooze out of your sockets: grinding mobs for combat xp, grinding mobs for skill points, grinding world bosses for drops, grinding areas/afk fishing for money.

I'm about 125/200 with my gear at the moment. When do I get to PvP reliably? Your answer is going to be "you have to put in the time", but my response is that the time you put in is spent not PvPing, so I wonder how the game is "centered" around PvP.

I fully understand the enjoyment of iterative improvement. Some people feel that enjoyment spending hours a day improving an avatar online, some people spend hours a day exercising their bodies in real life. In both cases, I'd argue, the joy you experience when you hit improvement thresholds that you can "feel" is very similar. I understand the place for that in MMORPGs, why gear grinds are a thing, etc.

The main thing I lament about is: why do so many of the most interesting and engaging MMOs that have released in the past several years create a skillful combat system full of potential, then suffocate it in an incredibly influential gear grind?

Like, I don't lament that ArcheAge was stricken with P2W/big gear disparities because the combat was fairly bland. I enjoyed playing when I did, but I don't feel that "If only..." feeling like I do with BDO. The huge world, having to actually travel across it, the fun of rounding up mobs and destroying them, the variety of things to do, the graphical beauty, the fluidity of combat. It's all great, imo, but I always end up realizing that I don't have enough free time to dedicate to the game in order to PvP, which is my favorite thing to do in an MMO. It's just inches from basically being an ideal game for me.

Smileybones and Prochilles like this.
  13. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

You can't remove something that isn't here.

Prochilles and PrimaGoosa like this.
  14. Cosmic Soul

Criticism is important it helps towards the ideas for improvement instead of crying about your opinion that you think they are crying and insulting people you can debate like a mature adult and point out why you think it is good exactly the way it is right now.

#74 Cosmic Soul, Sep 27, 2017
    Smileybones and Columba like this.
  15. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

Annnd around page 4 is where it stops being about the thread's topic and turns into people telling everyone else to stop voicing their opinion.

Classy and predictable.

16. Columba

Although I may not agree with him, I respect his right to comment and complain. Last I checked you arent a moderator, so how about you ignore him and move on?

#76 Columba, Sep 27, 2017
    Prochilles likes this.
  17. Cosmic Soul

Right.

18. Prochilles

So you're here to cry about other people crying over an actual issue and to label them as you see fit in your eyes? I think you think too much of yourself and I'm done.

#78 Prochilles, Sep 27, 2017
  19. Prochilles

Not trying to offend but I understood little of what you said. I have no problem with karma actually and only added it to post without any expanding on the subject as it is always a hit topic for other players. I don't ever get flagged on as I do not go to pirates or sausans, ever. There are plenty of grinds that match pirates xp if you're willing to sacrifice a few mil which I am.

20. LogicaI

I don't think you are done. Lets remove pve.
    Sounds just as absurd.

You'll reply i'm not worried.

Narcose likes this.