1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remove resistances from pvp

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Azura101, Oct 16, 2020.

1. sajdas

damn, 0:18 4 knockdown resists in row xD

2. sajdas

as long as its a projectile and not an instant skill like the valk celestial spear/wizard lightning (S +F ), its very much dodgeable and blockable on react/reflex. dream of doom would be the best example as its pretty slow compare to other skills and come from a long range with both a cc and dmg

Fateneko likes this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

on awaken spec its beyond slow to cast this. and it wont be hitting anyone thats even barely moving often.

4. sajdas

i was talking about the projectile itself (which is instant after he done the casting) and yes, the casting itself is easily avoidable if not under previous cc

5. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

So going off my experience since playing the game,skills for instance a gaurdian grab.

The very moment she begins her grab animation my its already determined im grabbed,even though she hasnt swung it forward and stuck me with it yet I still cant move and locked into her grab animation.

Same for instance as a ninja running at me and begins an attack while still 20 ft away from me im already locked in place and cc'd by his skill way before he actually reaches me and hits me.This seems pretty much standard in this game to the point where it seems as though when they execute a skill it looks at where they are,where you are,if their is los and what state your in such as an iframe or moving and the determines whether its a hit or not regardless of what the skills graphics show as oppose to true physics where they use a skill and it is contantly checking your position as it moves forward all the way up until the point of contact to see if its a hit or not.

Imo its clear the game uses alot of tricks to mimic actual physics and alot of times are disregarded as dysnc or large hitboxes when its obvious however I suppose some slow long range skill may use real physics although its more likely more advanced tricks to mimic it.

#65 Stealthe, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  6. Anvorka

Remove every brackets, remove EVE DR ACC, remove SA FG Iframe, remove grab, remove CC, remove BSR, remove slow, remove DOT.
    Nerf every succession and awakening in PVP, too much DMG.
    Maybe that's the solution for PVP.

7. sajdas

wouldnt that just make it a gear/dmg check though?

8. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

some people enjoy cookie clicker games. BDO isn't far from it

Fearless V and sajdas like this.
  9. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

LOL

Anvorka likes this.
  10. Anvorka

That's the reply I wanted to see

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  11. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

2018-10-22_618081738.jpg normal.jpg 2018-10-22_618088548.jpg buffed.jpg For the kd/bound the resistance number was around 130% even if capped at 60%

I keep these images as a reminder of how much of a meme resistances are as well as post it everytime someone makes this thread again i think its probably around the 5-6 one about this topic now.
    Resistances are memes especially if your running a dp build. If you do nodewars,Siege,Rbf, Gvg pretty much anything outside of 1v1 resistance mean fk all.
    You will get cc d thats just blob vs blob.
    You ever spend 30 seconds on the ground being PA d but unable to get back up?
    Also with ap scailling the way it is right now it , it mean nothing since you will be killed in 2 skills for most people anyways.
    As for how to ignore resistance its about equipment build crystals/weapons as well as certain class perks.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  12. sajdas

chances are that he doesnt know any skill animations of other classes (probably only dk as it seems to be his main) so obviously he would not know xD

Distaken likes this.
  13. TenebrisAeterna

Its not comparable at all, completely different games, completely different examples, havinga red dot in their head and not hitting em, can be just an issue of ping, or hitbox, not an RNG based mechanic.
    Also, do u think, me and other players do not play around resistances being nowadays the most common thing? The thing is u cant win many times, cuz even if u did perfect, tried ccing the other player/players, cuz is not just a 1v1 issue, is even mutch more annoying when u are dealing with more ppl at the time, u get resisted, and eventually, if they arent noob af, they will kill u even if u outskill em, just cuz they are wearing resist and having luck with that.
    PS: Do u think, when they make tournaments, its funny losing a round of the tournament, cuz someone resisted 2 ccs in a row? Do u think its fair? official tournament, with money rewards, cuz i saw that on my own skin, and i know more ppl who suffered that.
    About what u said, ye i agree they will probably wanna have some random value in the PvP, imo its dumb and they will do whatever they want, but if they are thinking thats more healthy for the game, at least imo and most of the hardcore PvP players think the same way, it isnt.

14. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

lol idk if youre joking in which case its sorta funny but if you're serious you do realize thats hardly any resistance right? villa/cron/alch stone and mainhand crystals alone will give 35% ignore resistance not to mention how many high end players use kutum instead of nouver so that become 45% ignore resist for many and some may even decide to use macalods especially now with 2 free slots in dande. Resistance works but the thing is you don't notice when it does. If you do something unprotected in group PvP and don't get CCd was it resistance or luck? It is very noticeable in 1v1s for combos with KD/bound for a second CC. I fought someone just yesterday who used adamantines in boots he really did resist about every other KD/bound sometimes 2 in a row so I had to modify the combo and do a float instead. That said though resistance is very effective for 1v1s especially and its extremely cheap and easy to build for. Passive 20% resistance, 10% if you choose nouver, 5% from griffon or if you hate grabs then talis helmet for +15% grapple resist, x2 adamantines in boots for 50% KD/bound resist and 10% stun/stiff, x2 stun/stiff crystals in chest, x4 hooms for 7% resist, 10% from villa, 4% from cron, 6% from alch stone, and thats already more resist than you need for KD/bound so you could swap one rbf ada to a bmc ada for floating/knockback resist.
    explain how I get over 50% ignore resist without buffs without using lame accessories that nobody uses?

TenebrisAeterna and sajdas like this.
  15. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

iirc there was something like that leaked from bdodatabase or something, it was called carnage crystals or something and they were crystals that gave +10% ignore resist each that could be slotted into any socket and iirc it gave some small amount of human damage too maybe? maybe not

16. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

if youre an archer like in your profile pic Im sure you love the adamantine meta xD

17. sajdas

from my understanding of the pictures:
    upload_2020-10-18_3-44-49.png

seems like a dodge to me

#77 sajdas, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  18. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Depends, old shooters had patterns of recoil that could be memorized and used. I liked those more.
    You cant, in fact you don't even need to invest as much in resistances as you would do in ignore resistances and even then you wouldn't reach the full ignore resist, there is legit no way to counter 2 adamantines+ hooms+ base resists +nouver + possible passives+ food and consumables + maybe griffon/blackstar helmet. And the worst part is that exactly that build is meta precisely because how strong resistances are but its not even investing as hard on resists as they could (they could just go resists crystals on chest and helmet too), heck they could even put hooms or other resists crystals on gloves for extra meme power.

Same ****, ignore resists is not viable, i've tried, its as inconsistent as an average build but you waste some crystals slots, against adamantines you just go from 60% to 50% chance by spending 2 slots of crystals, and only against some classes, for others its like doing absolutely nothing but wasting offhand slots, you can also try with kutum and lower it to 40% but then you don't have dmg and its still a 36% chance of landing two CCs in a row (so it will be more often than not that the combo will just fail unless you go for a sub-optimal combo which is just not gonna cut it cos the ap loss on the kutum). If maths aren't enough you will just have to believe me, i don't think there is any other way to explain this.

TBH what you are talking about feels more like high ping from your side, you can definitely react to some of the things you talking, what you are experiencing is most likely just desync.
    Again, you cant, if you spend 30 sec on the ground that just means you are either getting downsmash reseted (not that common outside 1v1s tbh) or you suck and get CCed over and over(probably this, but being a shai i dont think there is much you can do about it, the class is how it is). Resists are good when you don't make 1000 mistakes, but when its one or two or even less. Not getting ****ed on that one gap can make you last for way longer than any other defensive crystal would allow but also means that when two good players fight (one with resists and the other without) the one with resists will have a way higher win rate just by rng, this forces the meta and both players to run resists and this leads to pvp be a rng fiesta that no good player enjoys.

How is it so hard to understand, evasion is just a different damage reduction effect, with so many hits it just gets averaged easily making it quite predictable in most scenarios, resistances DONT (and even if they did it would be retarded tbh). No point in comparing both. Good players have small windows to punish, you can only apply 1 CC hit at best, there is no way you can average that, also most CC skills aren't multi hit CC (most awak CCs got changed to 1 hit of CC only, succs are kinda op on that side ngl, specially wizard and valk succ are retarded with the amount of hits with CC x skill but that's another discussion) so even on combo if ur a slow class or you need a shitlong combo you wont be able to apply more than 1 CC hit after the first one to extend the combo.

Well, i gotta agree with that, grabs are dumb and should be reworked, but tbh if you didn't had to deal with those or they wouldn't be as prominent or easy to use pvp would be around gaps and other types of CC that would mean resists would be as big for grab classes as they are for non grab classes which ofc is just aids cos rn as you said it only affects heavily a small amount of classes as most can just grab -> burst and ignore the issue, right now it mostly facks over archers,sorcs, witches (mostly awakened if there is still any around) lower geared musas (would also be aids for dk awak, succ can just burst ppl around with almost no gear, but rn awak can also do a shitton of dmg and doesnt rely as much on CC -> combo, not sure tho). So for sure if you want grabs to be less dumb and allow some change/rework you need first to remove rng resistances.

#78 Otrsor, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  19. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

In the first pic it doesnt look like the fireball was released yet

Look at the cooldown on chase it was cast over a second ago in the second pic so he didnt just release it and given how little the cooldown on chase went down from pic 2 to pic 3 while the fireball cleared half the entire distance in that time I would say he used chase before the release of the fireball

20. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

What are you even talking about?First chase off CD is an iframe,he absolutely needed to get the skill onCD to confirm his theory.Second he was on Q block pwk at image 2 and he was on stop not moving and not even pressing the RMB.
    Get yourself a trial musa and look how the skills work for youselves instead of spouting nonsense....