1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remove resistances from pvp

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Azura101, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Claydough

bro that was literal years ago

more or less the entire pvp changes in 2018 was chaging this so resistance builds could actually work

before 2018 resistance build were called ‘evasion’ builds

We’ve always had a some form of cc resist, grapple res being very popular back in the day since grabs are low hit counts and you could further evade cc with evasion on top or your resistances

Resistances are a skill based thing, it seperates good pvpers from bad pvpers

if you’re upset because you can only land one cc in a battle and can only get the kill by chaining several more cc while the opponent is stun locked lating on the ground, then you just have to face the fact you have to get good now and cant cheese people anymore by landing a lucky cc in the same combo you do over and over in muscle memory

with res you now have a more dynamic fight that you need to actually hit check people and make sure you land a cc and can follow through said cc combo or not land the cc and choose a different skill or get out of there

and now you needa think, do you risk a long combo with a second cc if you do get a knock down? Or do you hit your high dmg skill and get the hp down as much as you can in a single knockdown

its clear the devs want more dynamic fights, that was the whole point of the 2018 changes, instead people fight the same way with the same combos, same movement, same strategy, same build ect ect
    Now people are finally branching out into different strategy and now hoes mad

2. Vortexii

These are both your statements.

"bro that was literal years ago"

"they’ve been in the game since day one, and they’re an issue suddenly 5 years later?"

Distaken likes this.
  3. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

lmao, theoretical pvp heros talking.

Distaken likes this.
  4. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

LEL

Distaken, Fearless V and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  5. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Resistances are a skill based thing, it seperates good pvpers from bad pvpers

How could resistances be a skill based things when it's based so much on RNG? You have to check if Lady Luck has been on your side when you perfectly landed a CC by catching your opponent off guard, how is that skill based?

I had nothing against the idea behind 2018 changes, but the way they did it is totally wrong. There was better solutions.

@Vortexii mentioned a very interesting point, multihits. In the end, it was the cause of the high landing rate on a unprotected player, wasn't it the real change they should have made, instead of removing so many protections and tweaking the activation of CC?

What is the point of making a single quick sword slash to hit 5 times?
    It would have given more sense and depth to the system, quick skills with low hit count would have a concentrated power but more easily nullified if it misses and its CC potential would work the same way, while longer skills with high hit count would be more stable in its damages and CC landing, but more vulnerable to grab for example.

Distaken likes this.
  6. Azura101

Azura101 Gabba101 EU

facepalm.jpg

Distaken and Fearless V like this.
  7. Xenon

Bro, you can't be serious.

No, the pvp changes in 2018 were made for a few reasons: To address all the massive class balance complaints, namely, and I think to make pvp a little bit more.. faster paced for console? Honestly, that last bit is a stretch, but there were talks that the changes were made to make the game flow more smoothly on console.

No, it wasn't. It was called a resist build. Evasion builds were something completely separate, however, evasion did affect ccs then. But they weren't the same thing. You could stack resists and evasion for extra cancer-y goodness.

....Landing a lucky cc? CCs are 100% guaranteed to proc until a resistance roll or a skill protection stops it from applying. You call the later not being there a factor of luck? I don't think so. Resists are directly controlled by a chance % and are gained by luck. You get lucky when you resist a cc and land yours, then proceed to kill the other person in the process. You don't get lucky when you land your cc. You land it via timing and reading other people.

If they wanted more dynamic fights, they wouldn't have introduced ridiculous ap brackets in pvp. You know.. the things that drastically reduce the time of a fight to a couple seconds? You can't have a dynamic fight when people do the same combos over and over that kills you in 3 hits at high ap values.

And ofc they stick to the same stuff. It works. It's not a chance to kill. It's a guaranteed kill if it lands. Nobody likes rng. Look at how much people complain about enhancing.

Seriously. What a meme you are if you actually think this way.

Back to the OP: I honestly think Evasion and Resistances should both go. Evasion/Accuracy should be pve only, and in place of resistances, they should introduce pve-only super armors to our skills.

#107 Xenon, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  8. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Skill shpill,I like killing with gear only,the less buttons I have to press the better...if it offends you,who gives a ****

#108 Stealthe, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  9. Vortexii

Did you do any testing at all with a character standing still? The answer is NO, you didn't. You don't even know if resistance works or not.

10. sajdas

He literally posted a video that show it on a standing target, so i guess the answer is YES.

11. Vortexii

You mean a short clip with very little data is all you need?

No wonder why so many people thought resist builds works when 7.7% chance was the cap. The community has already proven they are lazy and just follow whatever someone tells them.

12. sajdas

irrelevant! you asked him if he did any test at all, which he did, it does not matter if his method of testing is to short or bad, he did test it so you are wrong.
    "Did you do any testing at all with a character standing still? The answer is NO, you didn't"

and right after that you already judged that he does not know if resist works which is wrong as well since he did the clip (which he can be assure that resist does works). so wrong again.
    "You don't even know if resistance works or not."

better luck next time ;)

resist build could not work in the past because of multiple cc hits per skill (which still exist on few skills such as valk shield throw/judgement of light, archer meteor dive, maehwa red moon and few more. but from your previous comment, and ill quote:
    "Until now it was inevitable that no matter how high your CC effect stats were you felt that they were not as effective as they should be. This was because CC effects were being repeatedly triggered for every hit from an attack skill."

you are not even aware that they changed it 2 years ago, you either didnt play for the last 2 years, didnt pvp in the last 2 years or simply trolling.

Xenon, Azura101 and LigtZ like this.
  13. Vortexii

That isn't my quote, that is the developer quote about the update.

Whether resists work "properly" is what's in question. I'm not stating it's impossible to ever resist. That was someone else in the post.

All of my points stands on their own. The community is trash and so many tried to tell people it worked when it clearly did not in the past. It wasn't off by a small amount either. People where LITERALLY TELLING PEOPLE TO RESIST BUILD when 5,000% resist would equal a 7% chance. Just the usual uninformed posters.

If you had actually been following the game since it's release you would know to just bet on Pearl Abyss failing at everything as you would win a lot more than 50% of the time ;)

I highly doubt resists work as stated today even if you do the appropriate math. There may also be errors in specific types of resists, specific skills etc. I wouldn't trust Pearl Abyss to take out the garbage without messing it up. What game have you been playing?

14. Azura101

Azura101 Gabba101 EU

Peeporega.png

15. sajdas

no need to be dishonest after i called out on what you said, now back to the comment:

the reason resist build could not work before 2018 changes was because each skill hit multiple times and for every hit there was a cc chance in it, and i believe most people knew about that. if someone was actually telling people to build resist instead of evasion to avoid cc it means that he was trolling.

it is rumored for a very long time that some invidual skills (mainly float types) have different chance value to cc the enemy, this rumor can be backed up by this gm post: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/85867-patch-notes-may-18th/
    with the quote "Chance to inflict Lift from Red Moon has been increased." under the maehwa skill changes. though he might mean that they increased the hits that cc the target of the skill.

so in my opinion, resist does not work properly and i even dare to say that they are on some situation even more powerful than they should be.

i never trust what pearl abyss say or do, they have proved again and again how incompetent they are as a game company both with empty promises and how they implent their "content" around the cash shop.

16. TeRRoRibleOne

What class do you play? This plays a large part into this thread I'm thinking.

Stealthe likes this.
  17. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Sure, if you want 100% resistance in every category then for most classes you need to give up a fair amount of AP/accuracy to get it but the returns are immense. Did you even hear yourself when you said "you always have a 40% chance to CC them" thats crazy LOL. In combos its just annoying but manageable but while in actual combat it can totally F you. You see someone using something unprotected or something punishable so you use a CC skill of yours to punish it but whoops it got resisted and now they punish you. Resistance is flat out broken in 1v1 and in smallscale is amazing, not to mention that the easiness of building KD/bound just shuts down some classes like archer/ranger/wiz etc. 2 crystal slots for 50% extra chance to resist KD/Boung and 10% stun/stiff is waaaay OP and resistance has no place in *skill-based* PvP but it's kinda clear by this point that this game is no longer even close to that.

sajdas likes this.
  18. Azura101

Azura101 Gabba101 EU

Archer, i agree it propably hits my class the most or any ranged class that is but i know everyone else i speak to is also complaining about it.

19. jenisiz7

I would almost argue Archer and Succ Wiz are less affected by resistance then most up close melee classes. Nothing like draining your stamina dodging to finally get in close and blow through your only reliable cc engage due to resist. But given Odylitta and witnessing the plethora of ccs they throw out, I'm thinking PA is attempting a meta shift. Resistance is here to stay gals/guys.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

wdym, mages are basically all but shut down by bd/kd resists?