1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renown patch and more DP is great! But CC still needs work

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ItsTowlie, Apr 19, 2018.

1. ItsTowlie

I really like the renown patch and extra DP very much, it made fights more fun and players survive longer !

But the new CC system needs more fixes. stiffness should not be spammable, because now a musa can spam 1 skill and cc chain stiffness without stop. fix this pls

u should hire someone to test cc stiffness before you give it to us

https://gfycat.com/HonorableReadyCoqui

#1 ItsTowlie, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  2. CronoLuminare.tv

"working as intended"

nusigergely likes this.
  3. ItsTowlie

classes with stiffness cc are complete OP now.............GG

spamming the same stiffness skill over and over is not good gameplay, thats just broken

4. Parc

5. Yuusayn

Everyone needs to realize that they'll probably include class tweaks and refinement, ppl in to much a hurry, thinking the devs are gonna leave this the way it is forever

6. Semka

that maewha is hacking btw...their stiff skill has a 3sec cd and can't be used on cd...and that can't be replicated by other maewhas.

7. j.p.van.dorsten

yknow you seem to have been around longer then me...
    how do you have that much hope?
    lets pray you are right.

8. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

Those of us who have been around here a while are shocked that such a change even occurred. This level of change is unprecedented. I tend to agree with OP that it's good they are trying to fix things.

However, if I were to offer some feedback to PA and Kakao (@CM Yukimura ):

1. There absolutely needs to be a public test realm (PTR). Something that everyone knows is a PTR. A place where any big or volatile changes can be toyed around with and feedback can be given right then and there. You can even incentivize people to go there with cosmetic stuff in game like titles, or coupons, or even a couple of pearls for testers. Something so people can wrap their heads around this.
    2. Dovetailing into the above, advance warning. The reason people hate this so much is it came out of no where. There was no warning the CC changes were being plopped right into our laps with no time to get used to them or even start theory crafting. So now the stuff everyone has spent literal years getting good at no longer works. That's incredibly frustrating. The fact that it has affected every single class as well just exacerbates the problem.
    3. We don't know the context of any of these changes. How was this supposed to fix things? What's the goal? How are we going to move forward from here? Where do you see PvP in BDO when you get it as close to 'right' as you're happy with? These kinds of questions will at least alleviate some of the concerns some players have. But the vague "we wanted to incentivize progression" and "1 shot combos were not fun" are not nearly enough context to make people ok with big changes.
    4. The forums are ablaze, Reddit is revolting, and Inven is probably staging a coup as we speak. Why has there been no response to these issues? An immediate fix may not be necessary, but something to show us you are aware that stuff is getting out of hand. Infinite stiff combos and endless down smash in group PvP makes the game currently unplayable for many. Why have we not heard anything from you guys about an obvious, game breaking bug?
    5. We need better testing. Let me say that again in bigger text:
      We need better testing
      Honestly, some of this stuff should have been caught at the very outset of the changes. Infinite stiff combos should never have made it to live. Completely reworking how combos, gear, and mass PvP operates at fundamental levels without larger player input given only a few days notice (or, 1 if you are from KR) is a quick way to get people to rage quit impulsively. Especially when things are as broken as they are now. I like the idea behind the gear score changes, but it goes a little too far. DP needed multiplicative stats, but the scaling differences between even small gaps feels now insurmountable for some players. These things could easily be caught by existing players, or a dedicated testing team.

9. unrealaz

No dude PA and KAkao are the best and they cannot do anything wrong!
    Also I'm ok with the changes, more players for Bless, even if it's GARBAGE.

10. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

I can love BDO and criticize the makers in the same breath. However, I'd be shocked if you could walk and chew bubblegum.

Go away.

11. unrealaz

Neah, I'm here for a while.
    You don't criticize at all. Anyone can see your history, you agree with whatever PA/Kakao is doing I'm surprised your don't agree with this one.

12. Netreiam

As much as I hate recent changes I’d rather they make the game better and not force me to migrate. Either way I want to try bless, but the ideal of to a two weapon system, the action combat system, the unique classes, and the beautiful graphics of this game are going to be hard to leave.

I really love my Valkyrie and my Ranger and still want to mess around with other classes (if they would lower the damn SP requirements already....) but the negatives of this game are becoming too much to bear, and if I can’t do pvp because of my gear when reaching the point where that isn’t an issue will take hundreds of hours of boring playtime, why bother?

13. Yuusayn

I don't put to much on the devs, they can't seem to do much right server wise, or listening to the ppl, i mean realistically the only thing they do right is the cash shop, but atleast even if it takes them eternity, they've done class balances eventually, so even if it takes forever least we can expect something being done, cept tamers, they'll never get anything because the devs hate them and don't bother giving them anything, i mean look at valk, it took them forever but they did eventually fix the block problem