1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reporting Lag Incidents

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Rhotaaz, Mar 5, 2018.

1. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

Greetings Adventurers,

In our ongoing efforts to improve the server stability and the overall experience of Black Desert Online, we encourage you to send reports of your experiences, as they can be helpful for us to identify specific server issues.

In order to efficiently handle these tickets, we’ve updated the ticket creation forms so that we can manage them without impacting other players that require our assistance, while also quickly resolving emerging problems.

Please submit lag reports under the Technical>Lag or Disconnect category where you will now find 3 additional options under ‘Type of Lag Report’.

1. Service Incident: (This is to report an elevated increase in lag beyond the usual levels.)

2. Item Lost due to Lag: (Please use this to report any losses that you suffer due to lag. Note that we are unable to restore lost XP)

3. Lag Complaint: (Please use this if you wish to make your voice heard on the topic)

We read every report sent to us, but mass replies and standard responses are a necessary evil under the current circumstances, so please do not feel offended or unappreciated if you receive one. Categories 1 & 3 will result in this.

We work closely with the server monitoring team during service incidents and the information you provide can help them to identify the cause of specific problems whenever they arise. We’ve also streamlined our communication flow with leaseweb in an effort to respond faster to new issues.

Additionally, your individual feedback is important to us and is regularly reported up the chain of command. In turn, we ask for your understanding and respect when dealing with Customer Support Representatives.

Kind Regards,

GM Rhotaaz
    -BDO Team

Andaro, Jramodarr, Sibyyl and 9 others like this.
  2. Certify

3. Donut_Seizure

Category to make them ignore it easily. GG

4. Octobeast

5. Combat.

a good idea would be to drop leaseweb and get an actual hosting company that isnt hated on the web for poor performance.
    then lets talk tickets

Shaman37, Rezza, LadyAki and 9 others like this.
  6. Brightcide

Sadly, with the amount of template responses we receive that make it evident they either don't read our tickets or don't understand English at all, this image is accurate for the entire ticketing system.

7. djoka

so if i've been getting random 5 second freezes or 5 second or more lag between hitting mobs and damage being applied for the last month or more, is that unusual lag or just regular quality (or should i say "quality") of service?

Damulka and RoakOriginal like this.
  8. unrealaz

Yer kidding right? It's hard to identify issues? Go to siege in Calpheon/Valencia next week and stay next to the castle and let me know your desync.

Tansie, Empiricist and Brightcide like this.
  9. Knisheffy

Soo how many tickets per day for new servers ? Give us the numbers we will triple it :)

Your advertise siege as one of the main features of the game and in current state of the servers even a 2 guild fight is not possible without lag heavily affecting the outcome of fights (On lowest possible graphical settings and 3rd party programs that boost ping/fps.) A bit over a half year ago fights like 100vs600 were somewhat playable now a 100v100 stops half of the abilities from working and cause mass dcs.

Meanwhile you look at KR region and they easily play siege with mid to high settings, effects on etc.

#9 Knisheffy, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  10. unrealaz

We’ve also streamlined our communication flow with leaseweb in an effort to respond faster to new issues.
    Took you 2 years + I really don't like this because it means you want to continue with that company.

Roksuu likes this.
  11. Tazmanyak

You are such a joke kakao...
    BDO EU/US = worst service company golden medal.

12. Reliance

Reliance NotReliance Warrior 61 EU

Whats wrong with you? Complaint sounds like someone is whining about something usual.

13. Ricardo

Ricardo Mystic 61 EU

"...and the information you provide can help them to identify the cause of specific problems whenever they arise."

[​IMG]

Chin likes this.
  14. You can't restore XP? Oh sure, then just give me my 13 full Bashim Marni Stones that I've lost during rollback a month ago. Oh, and my horsey died cuz you rolled me back to Bashims when I was already in the middle of the desert at Fogans so yeah, please one horse death reset. ticket #569561 :D To which I got automated response after a few weeks cuz you were dumb enough to use ticket system for freaking Valentine event (made fools out of yourselves more like). tbh I don't think this ticket has been ever solved, and it's been 32 days.

15. Ban Hammer

i totally agree, they made this new section so they can ignore it and say everything is fine

16. Brizz

I have a hard time believing that they replace ANY lost items due to lag. I had video proof on my stream without a single dropped frame and this was their response...

"I am very sorry to report but unfortunately, the Customer Support Team are unable to replace any items lost during this time as there is no way for us to confirm this had happened due to a connection issue. I have talked to the technicians regarding lag around this time and they have confirmed there was no lag around the time this death had occurred."

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedLachrymoseDuckRuleFive

I will continue to play this game because there is no better alternative... yet. This kind of customer service invokes zero loyalty.

itsmeh and Damulka like this.
  17. Empiricist

@GM Rhotaaz I call to GMs: Come to Siege on Saturday, put yourself in a militia, or at least physically spectate, experience your servers yourself. Then you may actually have an idea what we are talking about.

Making a level 56 character and farming Serap Necklaces in Sulphur mine does not mean you understand anything about what it is to actually partake in end game content on your servers.

Tazmanyak, Damulka and Mirtastic like this.
  18. Finley

Finley Valkyrie

I received an automated response when I died to lag and lost a JIN Viper glove crystal. That falls under category #2 and I still received a copy paste response. And this was before everyone started spamming them with tickets. I ended up getting that crystal back after spending you know, hundreds of millions of silver on attempts.

And a certain GM who was the one who handled my ticket likes to put "pvp extraordinaire and mystic main" in the opening of his responses. This is a SLAP IN THE FACE to any serious player in this community and you can't expect someone like me to take you seriously when you open with that. It feels like a troll but at least made me laugh. Just not in a good way.

19. Gunslingerx64

oh boy...... ****in put a ticket in for this **** few weeks ago when everywhere was blowing up about the servers lagging. I lagged, loaded out of the game screen, back into the game screen going off road (was on my horse) into a mob pack and died. The gm response I received.

"I understand from your email you have recently died due to some loading issues. First of all, I would like you to know that our BDO GM's know how important each and every player's experience is and that we always seek to make our community happy. We always do what we can to correct minor errors, however, we also have to balance this with maintaining intended game design.

I'm really sorry to hear that this situation happened to you. I totally understand how you feel right now, as I know that dying due to situations that are beyond our control can be really frustrating. With this in mind, latency and disconnects can be caused for various different reasons, ranging from network issues to the route the traffic takes to reach the destination. Due to this, as it is really hard to pinpoint the exact cause of the connectivity loss, the customer support team does not send out individual compensation for any connectivity related issues, as it could lead to situations where this is abused by our community. Occasionally a server wide issue occurs and we may send out global compensation to everyone effected, however, even in this case, I am afraid that we cannot compensate individual players or manually hand out replacement crystals/death resets." -GM Azurtle

Im so damn sick of the medicore level of customer support the GM's provide.

20. Gaiden

I have grown tired of sending tickets in only to get some copy paste response a month later, I have taken to blasting your every twitter post with my complaints, ty have a nice day