1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request decipherable narrative and quality soundtrack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Whipplesnatch, May 1, 2020.

1. Whipplesnatch

The main quest narrative has been reworked to make it flow better - however it is still disjointed and unknowable. More cut-scenes or more quest text/voice acting is really needed to know what the hell is going on. It really is terrible localization. Ask any north american player what the "story" is - I GUARANTEE you won't get the same answer twice - and most will just shrug their shoulders. I swear guys - this game is badass, making the story something palatable will put it over the top - I seriously believe that this game could topple WoW if it just made some goddamn sense.

Soundtrack - it is not bad. It doesn't make me cringe at all - I CAN listen to it. However it does sound cheap. Like a 'B' movie where the sound isn't a nightmare, so you don't really comment on it. This a 'AAA' game, why don't you have an orchestral soundtrack by Jeremy Soule or some other big name artist? Black Desert vs. Guild Wars 2 soundtrack - Holy cow! Such a HUGE disparity in quality of music, and yet - most would argue that your game is superior. Why not give the game the music pedigree it deserves?

TLDR: Story is nonsense - fix it. Music is tepid-get a real composer & orchestra.

2. Whipplesnatch

Let me clarify - if this game is going to capture any meaningful percentage of the "carebear" market - the aforementioned needs to be implemented.

Carebears like a good story with good music - kind of like a movie.

Think about it - do you want to watch a movie where the plot is elusive, and the music is cheap?

3. Marzipan Stan

i was not aware this was a AAA game, i always figured this was a cheap game that got out of hand and the devs have been holding on for dear life ever since

o0ABC0o likes this.
  4. Whipplesnatch

Just wanted to state that I have started a new character since I posted this - and the new quest dialogs are MUCH MUCH better - like someone who actually is fluent in English must have been consulted.

Additionally, as I have traveled deeper into the game - the "Fae" areas, the one based on the Himalayas - etc., the music quality has had a marked increase as well.