1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Resolved | 2/15/18] Disconnections on NA Service *Updated*

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Aethon, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

[Update | 00:50 UTC]: At this time the issue is still ongoing, our team has been working closely with our North American service provider to resolve the period disconnects users have been experiencing. Our initial efforts were unfortunately not successful, however we have received confirmation they are now in the process of taking additional measures by migrating traffic to another carrier.

We will continue to keep this post updated as we receive additional information, we sincerely appreciate your extended patience. Additionally, if you are experiencing an issue staying connected to our service. We have created a submission form that will aid us in being able to deliver information tailored around affected users. This can be found »Here«.

[Update | 01:50 UTC]: We believe the additional measures that were taken have resolved the disconnect issue the North American Service was experiencing. We will continue to actively monitor our systems and player reports for any potential resurfacing of disconnection issues. On behalf of the BDO Team, thank you for your patience while this matter was being resolved.

2. [FoH]Harfle

Pretty sure "additional measures" didn't resolve ****. Just another we fixed something but wont tell you what was wrong or what we did. Just believe we did something.

Kusaragii likes this.
  3. carolnap

ok, calm down, i already told to BDO SA, im not against you ..jesus

4. Kraken801

Hi playet

All of us from Kakao understand how connectivity issues can be frustrating and we take these issues very seriously. When the issue stems from our servers, we always do our best to repair it as soon as possible and provide compensation to our community, just as we did with the issues on NA a while back. That said, when our server monitoring tools show regular operations and the connectivity loss originates from another source (such as a player's network or ISP) we do not provide compensation if players were unable to connect. It is unfortunate, but if we did there would be a chance this could be abused by community members with bad intentions.

With the above in mind, I have been in contact with our technicians and it seems that Century Link has already restored connectivity to our servers. This means that your connection should have already been normalized. If you still experience issues throughout the day, please reply to this message and provide us with your WinMTR logs. Once you send us these files, I can follow you on to one of our tech GMs and together we can pinpoint the exact cause of the problem. I will attach the instructions again below:

You can download WinMTR from this link: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205838589/WinMTR.exe

• In Host, input the following IP:
      • NA Server: 209.58.130.81
    • Uncheck the Resolve names setting in the Options menu.

• Press Start.

• Log into the game and let WinMTR run until you are disconnected or the game becomes unresponsive (in general, 4-5 minutes total runtime should be enough).

• Stop WinMTR and press Export TEXT. Save to a convenient place that you can find and access with ease.

• Attach the exported file to this ticket.
    I hope this answers your question. If you have any other issues or find anything else that bothers you, please don't hesitate in re-opening this ticket or creating a new one and we will be more than happy to help.
    Take care on your adventures,
    GM Haliaeetus
    Senior Game Master

Our knowledge base is regularly updated and contains a lot of useful articles.
    They can help to answer many common questions and save you from having to wait on a response from a Game Master.
    Check out des teeth! [​IMG] ... I mean links!

5. Apolloco

Just d/ced from Karanda....great

6. carolnap

my problem was solved, so........... i think there is a conection between NA and SA.

7. VIRA

thank u very much only been like almost 10h :)

8. wellman029

Yeah you fixed it alright , good job 2018-02-15_115235583.JPG

9. Andaro

Ambassador

I can confirm, I am no longer having DCs, reloads or lag spikes.

10. Andaro

Ambassador

We already know it was more than likely a DDoS attempt. It usually is.

11. Malnixis

These guys dont know what they are doing , they dont care they are just tryen to milk us and pacify is all till they lose the contract. why bother to fix when we are to stupid to stop spending our money on pearl shop ****

Zev likes this.
  12. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

seriously? milk us? I haven't spent a dime in months and don't really have to. Sure you be a bit behind due to no VP but seriously who gives a fkk. The fact here is that we really don't know for sure if they are telling the truth or not. My guess is that, why the fk do you want to fk your relation with players and at the same time try to make money from them as you say. That makes no sense whatsoever. It really defies logic.

13. Omninom

Still disconnecting... T-T

14. Tamison

Compensation? I'd like my GMs Blackstone Box k thnks

15. Restless

I am unable to donate my time and/or life to a game with such poor connection quality.

i'm sorry to say this but i don't see a future for this game with me in it.

Thankfully the true colors of the game were shown a lot sooner than I expected.

Lein likes this.
  16. Aecoma

i'm still getting disconnected way more often than usual so whatever you did didn't fix it lol

17. Kaijoichi

Still disconnecting

18. Aecoma

And if i'm not dc'ing, im suffering through unplayable lag. kindly fix your dog **** servers

19. Slabby

Still broke. Amateurs.

20. Elldric Ellesidil

Sorry, but disconnected. When I first started playing in early December, it was like heaven - log in and able to fish or whatever without end. Now..can't go hours at a time, much less overnight. Now, I am afraid to jump in behind the release of AIR...isn't it also from the same company?