1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Respect to belgium for their anti gambling rule

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GreyRebel, Jun 14, 2019.

1. GreyRebel

https://m.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2810

[Event] Rare Artisan's Blessing

6,350 / 5,500 Pearls (13% off)

Choose 1 from Arctic Rare Box or Rare Critter Box.

※ Includes all of the following: Value Pack (30 Days), Blessing of Kamasylve (15 Days), and Artisan’s Memory x50.

※ Item not available in Belgium.

2. Ben Phoenix

3. Mirajane

4. GreyRebel

5. Slashy

We hate the rule. We wanna gamble like CRAZY.

6. Ben Phoenix

7. Rubyvulpa

the rule s*cks if you're the only country not allowed to >:c
    i don't even want to buy that, but being forbidden things has the opposite effect on me

8. Ben Phoenix

9. Factorial

On the surface, it might not look like much, but this is a very important first step within the right direction. You have to look at the big picture or the end goal to appreciate what Belgium has accomplished. It only needs the rest of the world to catch up.

If the rest of the world is able to catch up, we can curb these predatory practices of loot box that apply a RNG vector with the disguised intent to cheat others out of money. I have no problem with loot boxes, but all boxes should give what you paid for, NOT paying for a chance to get something. That's worse than back a few months ago when people would pay others to pearl just for the chance for others to list something on the MP. We all know how scummy that was.

At the end of the day, I support every company's God-given right to make money as efficiently as possible. Pearl abyss has as much right to make as much money as possible just like every other company. However, we should not and cannot tolerate those who prey on others (especially those of us with weaker fortitude, gambling addiction, etc.).

The thing is, I have no problem spending money on a product/company that I like such as Black Desert. I am proud of it too because I contribute to something I believe in. Most, if not all of us, are like that. So don't cheat us. Just give us fair prices without gambling mechanics and you will have our money all ****ing day and then some.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 59 NA

I 100% percent agree with you. I will never buy any item in this game or any other game that does not give the specific item that I want. I am not wasting my hard earned money on a chance to get something. That is called gambling and I do not gamble.

11. Rayin

So instead of discussing a bit about Belgium stance on gambling and change their policy, they banned Belgium from this sale.

h3h3.png

BDO/PA be like: "Hurry, before other countries may decide to follow the same path as Belgium, let's ban them and milk the rest of playerbase as hard as we can".

Gotta admit that they're quite persistant in not caring about having a bad reputation.

Edit: Nevermind, seems like an old news, so they banned Belgium probably since they refined that law anti-gambling.
    PA/Kakao stance basically yell out loud "Yes, we sell lootboxes". Not that i needed their confirmation, but still.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/alc2e6/not_available_in_belgium/

#11 Rayin, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    GreyRebel, Phoenixxx75 and Allan1985 like this.
  12. GreyRebel

what i dont understand is , if belgium done it , whats stopping other eu countries to do it ? like come onnn what are u waiting for !
    i always believed if we are going to support any gaming company , we must only buy the things we think its good for the game ( and the future of the game )and the community , i mean for example we all are against p2w 1 way or another , if no1 ever bought any atrisan memory or no1 ever melted outfits , i think bdo team wouldnt try any other p2w cash shop item , but we sent them a wrong message , we kept buying and kinda we asked for more and more p2w , so there is an difference between supporting the company and leading it to destruction , we can support them by buying cosmetic items . not some random , p2w box

13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 59 NA

There are many people who are very in favour of p2w mechanics in their games. They are the ones that cannot bear not to be the biggest and best the fastest way possible. Highly competitive people that do not care how they get to the top. Sadly this has always been true which is why there is such a plethora of p2w microtransactions in our modern games. Unfortunately there is no way we can stop companies without government intervention because no company is going to willingly forgo all the extra profit they can make from these game mechanics.

#13 Phoenixxx75, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    GreyRebel likes this.
  14. Rinjyu

That aside, if that duration of the vp and kama was 90 we'd be talking about a sale but this? lul

15. Rayin

What's stopping the whole world to do that?
    Burocracy, willingness of who can revisit laws, reports, internal affairs, political affairs, the prospective to tax a lucrative system.
    As much as EU sounds cool on paper, we're far from being united as much as U.S.A.

The same question can be asked for NA, but you'd surely find some loopholes in the system.

GreyRebel likes this.