1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore Sea Monster Hunting Damages, Loot

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by johnnified, Feb 11, 2019.

1. johnnified

Coursers and Horse training - 1Bill a T8 Courser, 270mil a T7 Courser.
    With new MP Pearl Shop items go from 111mil to 222mil x5 a week = 1.1bil a week (until limit is removed like in KR which means higher profits)
    Lakiaros Used my Manos Hoe's give 100mil a primitive Lakiaro and 30mil a basic one. If farmed constantly at remembered areas you could make 1.2 bil a week.

So what was the problem then with the average guild using SMH'ing getting 1.5bil a week?

UPDATE/EDIT: More free accessories for people to earn money getting from them.
    Tho drop rates are unknown, it shows that more money through various ways are being pumped into the economy (until people cry for unnecessary nerfs).

This only furthers my point that ruining content someone worked hard on building a ship for is unfair.

Here is my compromise. Give back the damage you took away, increase drop rate by 35%, change the guild drop items from 100mil to 70mil.
    Half the Sea Neidan value.

#1 johnnified, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Josh28, LucidKill, warriors and 4 others like this.
  2. TeRRoRibleOne

No, this **** content already inflated the economy enough. The people who wanted this new, shitty marketplace are the same ones who abused the **** out SMH.

NannaOgg and AZzalor like this.
  3. MoonDance17

The cheaters and guild hoppers and gold sellers were the problem not the normal players and normal guilds.

Draconnix, Josh28, Flood and 4 others like this.
  4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

ahahahaha, this is when addiction starts to kicking in.

NannaOgg and Columba like this.
  5. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Valkyrie 61 NA

Hacking of this content inflated the market. Quit this disinformation campaign. SMH was reasonable before the nerf. Just because you don't like what you call **** content, doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed to the ground.

Draconnix and MoonDance17 like this.
  6. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

As a sea hunter, and an avid frigate lover, i do not believe this as an appropriate change. The sea content should never have been strictly about mass silver gains.

In my opinion, leave it as it is, and improve the content in other various ways. Ocean-themed gear, accessories, more quests, new types of sea beasts, new waters (kama sea, valencian sea), port ratt & Haso Kingdom,...i could go on.

It is high time we stopped looking at how much pure silver we can generate in "one hour" and instead focus on more broad and immersive and lasting content that benefits anf compliments everyone, the game and community as a whole.

Mr Deap, Narui, NannaOgg and 15 others like this.
  7. TeRRoRibleOne

Oh look, the guy who said no one was hacking this content is now admitting it was being hacked causing an extreme influx of silver into the marketplace. It's the same guy who when given actual numbers for SMH using loot scrolls tried to deny the findings even though it was based on ACTUAL spreadsheets. There's no reason to argue with you again on this, you will deny this to the end.

Bob2009 likes this.
  8. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Valkyrie 61 NA

I never said that. Again, disinformation

MoZex likes this.
  9. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

well we already have a free money generating content that does not really provide much to the economy either, that is Shadow arena. So who cares if the money comes from SMH or Shadow arena or grinding. Let players do what they like to do and STOP COMPARING your little peen with someone elses little peen in a gear based mmo

10. MoonDance17

So because some people were cheating those that were not are to be penalised by these changes. Maybe if they banned the cheaters and guild hoppers more quickly they would not have needed all of the nerfs.

LucidKill likes this.
  11. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Valkyrie 61 NA

I agree with you in theory. Those things that got me out to sea. I own a frigate and sailboat. Built both by hand.

I still can't avoid the reality that this is a highly competitive game, where silver means advantage in pvp. There are also very few group activities that reward a guild. As a guild leader, I can't get my people out to sea when they are preoccupied with how much silver they still need to catch up with competitive gear.

#11 oR-Bishop, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    TankFu, LucidKill and Andaro like this.
  12. Vieilan

Smh should bring in something we can put into the economy.
    Raw silver gains is very unhealthy for the economy. Smh buff is fine just have it contribute to the market

13. MoonDance17

They could have seamonsters drop a personal item as well as the guild loot. Maybe an accessory of some kind or even sharps and hards which seem to be in short supply.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

Monsters should drop guild tokens which u then should be able to exchange (or craft?) for various accessories and enhancing mats.

Also while, we are at it, guild payouts should also be in tokens that can be exchanged only for accessories and mats. No silver.

Draconnix and LucidKill like this.
  15. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Valkyrie 61 NA

Hey, I'm open to that. The problem is, my guild has 179 skill points and thousands of old moon seals we can't spend anything on.

16. TripleR

Restore it! People who think sea monster hunting was bad content probably don't understand it at all. Aren't doing it with cool people, or don't realize it's way more fun when drunk.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  17. WhySoSeeryus

Well, there must be a reason why developers get their paychecks... im sure they could.... DEVELOP SOME CONTENT. badumtssssd :D

18. Icywave

You make it sound like the community actually likes the new pearl prices. There's like 1 person in the main forum thread defending the **** that Kakao posted and that's Luxienna and let's be honest here, this mother ****er defends literally everything these companies do sooooooo, yea.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  19. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

In all the discussions and talk over ways to make silver....which includes the new marketplace, p2w discussions, guild payouts, sea hunting, and others.....there is one very important aspect we should keep an understanding and be knowledgeable of....

The difference between "generating new silver", and "recycling of current silver"

New Silver comes when you vendor trash loot, sell fishes, sell trade crates, kill monsters for silver drops, guild missions, guild welfare, or any activity in which you vendor items to NPCs and they give you "brand new silver"

Recycled Silver, is where silver changes hands from one player to another, without actually creating new silver.....buying and selling on the market (regular, worker, and horse), tax distributons, etc.

Gold Sinks are the counter to new silver generation.

Sea Hunting hurt the economy only because it generated "new silver" in large quantities that scaled exponentially, and the gold sinks couldn't keep up.

This is why, I must remain, in my personal opinion, against increasing methods of new silver, in favor of other obtainable items that increase buying and trading between players or "recycled silver"

Providing content that compliments the economy, and facilitates the recycling of silver, is the wiser choice for the longevity of any mmorpg.

New Silver Generation does have its place mind you, but the amount of NS generated should always be lower than silver sinks can effectively sink out.

So, when we talk in topics, regarding balancing grind zones, "increasing trash loot", rewards for quests and contents, and those sort of suggestions, keep in mind the differences between "new silver" and "recycled silver" and how they effect the economy differently.

#19 Andaro, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Angar likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

dont forget pearl shop. soon to be buffed to the teeth.

MoonDance17 likes this.