1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore Sea Monster Hunting Damages, Loot

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by johnnified, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I mentioned that, in the first paragraph.

But to add on, and address that partcular point, from my own perspective,....Selling pearl shop items on the market does not generate new silver. It recycles silver from one player to another, and typically the seller will quickly sink it out via upgrades, or recycle it again from the purchasing of accessories or gear, etc.

So although i know cash shop will always be a heated discussion, I believe we have overlooked this particular detail in regards to hoe and where that silver income will be going and coming from.

My goal in this commentary is not to try and sway anyone's particular opinion one way or another, but to simply ask that we consider those differences between New Silver and Recycled Silver when we are debating those topics.

2. Icywave

Buff siege/node wars now that the guild lockout is in place and guild hopping can't be achieved. I mean, reward people for actually needing to invest in **** and win territories as a guild (guild politics aside which is shitty but it is what it is) instead of getting +4/+5 blue gear (easy as **** btw) and then immediately farming millions out... SMH was simply busted , and everybody knows that - people in denial were spoiled and want it back now that their easy money is fading away knowing they'll need to actually put in work and defend rotations, maintain crystals, etc etc for their silver.

I also like how you try to make it out like it's "SMH vs Whales" , please, the same people are doing both activities. It was an easy game mode where you could make ridiculously easy silver - it was so busted that it was retarded NOT to do it.

If it does come back and I wouldn't mind seeing it come back IF the rewards were given not as raw silver but as guild perks for bonuses (build up to get accessories or something to actually help the market) while keeping a 250m weekly payout limit because you'll be making the money up if you sell the accessories anyway probably even more than 500m so it might end up becoming a better overall amount based on guild activity anyway but as long as it helps the market. If you own a territory then there needs to be further restrictions similar to how you can't own a territory and a node at the same time.

The fact that I was making billions a week while not even needing to be past 100ap and spending minimal time out of ANY content that would even come close to giving similar money which is Hystria because let's be honest is the only option that would compete, was beyond busted.

To the people saying it was actually fun, shut the **** up, no it wasn't fun and you know it wasn't. You trying to say it was fun to a bunch of people who did do SMH who know it's boring as **** is retarded. It IS fun making easy billions a week so in that regard, making easy silver in the game is indeed fun, but the activity itself was beyond boring. Now that's it's regulated on top of being boring nobody wants to go have "fun" ;)

3. MoonDance17

So as I and others suggested change seamonsters to drop items that can be sold on the market place and give less silver only item drops,

4. MemeMontage

What about changing sea monsters to dropping strictly armor and weapons stones, hards, sharps, ancient spirit dust and on rare occasions dropping a 20x caphras bundle or something? For 1. it would increase caphras on market and make it easier to level caphras levels 2. It would increase hards and sharps in the market as it wouldn't be energy reliant and more people would be willing to sell.

5. Kadmilos

Not possible. They want the pearl shop items to be the only way you can easily and quickly obtain silver. If they had some "ingame" mechanic which allowed you to generate silver, they wouldn't make profits.

And remember kids - Kash-cow and PA's degenerate, greedy management teams don't care about YOU. They care about your wallet, and giving you a way to "play the game" to earn silver is ludicrous to the extreme! How do you think they'll make profits off us if we can just earn it without giving them money!

Useless thread - you're asking for something they will never do because it would hurt their profits, the sooner you realize that the better. Sure it might be a good idea - or maybe a bad one, who knows but I certainly know they will not do it, because it will hurt their profits they generate from your wallet.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  6. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Now I do not approve of PA's business model as a whole like a large part of the community. They do have their underhanded tactics, but I would not say that shifting the moneyflow from RMT traders into the game Cash Shop, which is what they seem to be aiming to do with all the changes is the worst of them.

But, think about it for a second. The way SMH worked in conjunction with guild payout mechanics aggravated a smoldering issue that has been present for quite some time, namely RMT for silver, and put the spotlight on it. Some people were able to obtain large amounts of pure silver (via legitimate or not means) and sell that silver to players for a lower price than would have been provided by the equivalent in Pearl purchases.

Naturally when this shady trading grew exponentially and started cutting into PA's profit they took action to address that - nerfed SMH gains, limited payouts via heavy taxation, increased silver value of pearl items etc.

This was the logical way for things to develop from business standpoint for PA. Make RMT either worse or equal to spending the same amount of cash in pearl shop. Entice the people that would have spent on shady RMT into legit spending in Cash Shop. Those people would have spent the cash regardless, since they want the silver gain, but the money is shifted from RMT traders' paypals into the game's revenue.

Imagine a business trying to crack down on illegitimate trading that cuts down on their profit.. its insane right?

7. Kadmilos

I believe you're trying to paint Kash-cow as the quasi-victim, but to do so you have conceded OK that they participate in RMT at all - especially after promises from the publishers they would not participate in such underhanded behavior.

Just because its a year on doesn't mean they shouldn't be held to what they said earlier. A lot of people invested in this game understanding it would remain open and competitive without needing a credit card and a second mortgage!

"has no part in our version" - yeah. Unless profits can be made right?

Also remember, Kash-cow sets the prices in their region, they do not need to have the prices so high for a virtual good which should have been baked into the game! You cannot justify building a house, then after the sale you remove the doors and start selling them back to the new house owner at a ****ing premium.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  8. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Oh I do not look for "victims" here. It is simple matter of business and profit. They realised they offered a method of progressing that was too good and cut into their sales (hacking and exploiting it didn't help the case), so naturally they will take measures to restore the cashflow to the game store.

Also I do agree CS prices are pretty steep, which is why I have not bought anything from CS at full price, outside of my VPs (and not even all of them). If you are not one of the "I need everything NOW" types you can save a ton of money on cash shop purchases.

Yes the game changed over the years and a lot of people would be disappointed with the direction it took, I am not all that happy myself and I voice my disapproval of many things PA/Kakao do, but I also realise that I signed up for that game knowing full well things may change over-time, and coming from other KR grinders I could safely assume where it would go.

As long as I derive enjoyment from the game I will stick with it and spend money every now and then if they offer something I find useful in the cash shop. At some point when I no longer enjoy the game I will just quit and move on to something I like better.

Ultimately complaining about "p2w" and other financial driven decisions have proven to be a waste of time as PA has their plan and will go ahead with it regardless. Best thing we can do is show our disapproval by not buying pearls, but a portion of the playerbase is way too addicted to do that and cannot stop spending, making boycott of the CS rather impossible. And round and round we go in an exercise of futility.

MoonDance17, Maginha and Kadmilos like this.
  9. Kadmilos

You're so right, an accurate picture indeed.

10. HogWash

Then you wake up and realize its impossible to pvp vs the 270+ap players unless you spend thousands in pearl shop or play 10 hours a day

#30 HogWash, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

im still trying to digest this one.

coz someone specific (pearl seller) is getting something for nothing here. while it technically does not "create" new silver ingame, it very much does create imbalance of getting something for nothing.

in a game where u have to grind and produce silver via various means, this is the obvious logic offender.

12. Nebz

Seems like the devs got the same mindset judging from their last dev blog

I also wish they'd fix camera locking and in turn make cannoning sea content viable.
    Currently if you wanna progress with a friend its not viable until they get all the way to softcap (for trees), with the exception of SA which is up only at certain times and.. isnt part of the world.
    *Savage Rift is a good way to make some1 quit, dont even

13. WhySoSeeryus

mirumok parties (gyfin too) are dead on 20th february unless they balance it out. everything goes back to valencia.

14. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 60 EU

Well they could leave the High AP gear requirements for PvE and just balance PvP like in other games like TESO where you could even PvP as a level 10 Char against a Level 50 because your stats were boosted to be nearly equal

15. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

New Silver = Silver that did not exist before until created by the system
    Recycled Silver = silver that simply changed hands from one player(s) to another via means

Selling pearl items in the market does not "create" silver, it merely transfers the silver from one person to another.

An example of creating "new silver" would be selling trash loot to a vendor (the system creates silver)
    An example of recycling silver (other than market) would be market taxes being paid out to siege guilds.

Recycled silver is easier to control, and sink out via "gold sinks". There becomes less and less of it over-time. New Silver is harder to control if the gold sink is not sinking out recycled silver fast or efficiently enough.

When you drop a Crescent Ring, you have not created "new silver". You simply dropped an item that can facilitate "recycling" of silver. When you drop trash-loot, and then sell that trash-loot to a vendor, you create brand new silver, that never existed before.

So when person A sells a costume to the market, and receives 200mil, they are receiving 200mil of recycled silver. When they take that and buy a few crescent rings, they are recycling that silver back to someone else, minus taxes (sink). Then that next person takes the silver they got from selling those crescent rings (now 169 mil....) and buys scrolls so they can get memory fragments....that 169 is sunk further.....whomever sold those scrolls receives less money (sink again)........so on and so on, and so forth.

There is *no* "new silver" generated with selling pearl items.
    Keep in mind I did not say there was not any advantage to the seller...thats' obvious...they can get what they need -- faster --

#35 Andaro, Feb 12, 2019
  16. Dirty Djago

Dirty Djago Maehwa 61 EU

No its not the cheater or goldseller or guild jumpers its PA .... why?
    because they dont know hof to fix such stuff bevor release a game mech , like restrict guild jumping 14day or payout tax
    or give us permission system for guild items or member

sarc off

MoonDance17 likes this.
  17. WhySoSeeryus

i understand what you are saying, said it before, but it still doesnt make it fair. even if you grind 80 mil an hour, pearl shopper can legit sell 1 bil worth of costumes per week(presuming they are 200 mil, but i think its gonna be more) and save 12,5 hours of high efficiency grinding. now lets assume some softcap fella farming mirumoks at some 40 million an hour. cashshopper swipes and he saved 25(!) hours of grind. and lets see how it looks from some newbie barely hitting 20 mil an hour... its 50 hours of grinding saved. how very convenient. the whole idea here is to push new guys to sell a few, and even geared old guys cant say it wont help them with some arbitrary silver goal they need for something. frankly, its disgusting. maybe its just me ofc.

MoonDance17 and Nebz like this.
  18. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Well, see now we are speaking of two completely different subjects.

The subject I was speaking of , was the difference between "new silver" and "recycled silver"

The subject you are speaking of is whom can "obtain" silver the fastest.

The context of the topic was in regards to Sea Monster Hunting getting back its "silver per hour", in which I said I was against that, because it generated new silver.....and thusly you should not confuse "silver per hour" from "grinding" versus silver gained from selling pearl costumes, because they affect the economy differently, because of those two specific differences.

If you simply "buff" trash loot, then you are hurting the sinks, because you are generating more new silver.
    If you buff the pearl items, you're not generating new silver (its a buff to the seller sure) but it actually assists the silver sinks.

TLDR -- What you want, when you speak of "balancing grind zones" is not "buffing trash loot", but adding more items that can be sold to market, that others can buy (which recycles silver)

#38 Andaro, Feb 12, 2019
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

i said i understand the difference. it still doesnt make it ok to empower cash shop to the point where almost everyone can say - oh, look, a billion freebie doesnt look so bad....

the whole game is, nhf, about "whom can "obtain" silver the fastest."

i mean, unless u r picking flowers, driving a carriage and other thingies to enjoy the environment.

MoonDance17 and Dirty Djago like this.
  20. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

TLDR - don't buff the trash loot. buff the accessory drops, or add more things that can be sold to market. Or -- on topic -- don't rebuff the sea monster loot -- just add other things to sea beast that can be sold to market.