1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restriction on mouse software on the KR server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Humanx, Jul 23, 2019.

?

do you use a mmo mouse? if so will you quit if this change is added

1. yes i use a mmo mouse, yes i will quit

124 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. yes i use a mmo mouse, no i will not quit

44 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. no i do not use a mmo mouse

50 vote(s)
    22.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grievez

WoW on launch, which released over a decade before BDO launched in Korea had better keymapping than BDO lmao. the UI in BDO is honestly an embarrassment to developers.

not to mention you have to press alt which stops your character from moving lol. flagging up is such a clumsy interaction.

2. woots

I spoke about the keys to press to lock unlock the rage skill, not flagging ^^ but i guess yeah that's sort of the same thing for somes games functions not related to skills.

3. Grievez

yeah, but during combat, both alt+b and alt+c do the same thing. alt still makes you stop.

4. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

So...If as a pet project, I utilize my combined expertise of physics, mechanical engineering, circuits, atuomatic control systems, statistical analysis and various languages of programming, I build a BDO-playing mechanical humanoid robot the size of me that has its AI taught to play BDO via every youtube video in existence...and tell it to sit at my desk and play bdo, and it learns every class and does enough nw/seige/gvg to learn to play like a god-tier player....on top of being able to farm top tier silver...how will the devs counter this? Now I wouldn't even be plugging anything in at all, but literally botting.

Seriously, I'm not even against botting. I don't care anymore, especially if "fairness" comes at the price of disability.

#184 Luxea, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Factorial likes this.
  5. Morv

This is a REALLY terrible idea. Like someone else said, most of this software is bundled in a suite with headphones and keyboards. If you are invested in a single environment, it could disable all your extra functionality. Truly a horrible idea.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Who cares that he broke Archeage's TOS? All he did was avoid getting kicked from server from being AFK. What grand sums of money did Archeage lose? Who in that game even felt they lost something because of it? I used to play Archeage myself and I don't feel that's an issue.

Seriously, it's petty to pick at people for minor crap like its.

Factorial likes this.
  7. Hypotermia

Ppl become picky idiots over TOS and argue its against rules when they are not affected by majority of this in anyway.

Even heck i know guys who use 2 key combinations to use a skill to make it easier for them. For me i dont give rats ass what they do and not like its a advantage that impacts anyone? No not really.

For example BnS had combos that could be macroed perfectly and they got executed way better than 99% of the players. This kind of stuff is huge no no. Literally arena was full of kung fu masters abusing macro like that. Get CC off press macro and win which was super easy.

But something like w+f or horse drift who really cares?

8. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about this change disabling players with arm/hand disabilities from playing? You know, there are some people need a mouse with like 10+ buttons because their left arm doesn't work or something.

I guess that's why in this game the bow user is squishier than the spell caster. Because you know, a class that actually trains physically to fight somehow lasts less long than a class that holes themselves in the ivory tower all day.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. 2monthslatenonamesleft

About the only thing this would stop in BDO would be people having their mouse button repeatedly click Beer so their workers get fed at night or their horse trainer uses elixir or whatever.

Even if they cared about such things, they don't need to blanket ban all mouse/keyboard software to do that. Simply checking that Little Timmy's workers haven't been fed or he's used a consumable once an hour for 5 days straight is a pretty good indication that he has it macroed rather then being awake and playing for 120 hours.

Luxea likes this.
  10. magret

And doing that with a mouse software would imply people afk with BDO as active window and not in the tray for power or processing savings. Or have a second computer dedicated to this with another set of gamer gear. Super efficient.

11. Sibyyl

BDO isn't the Olympics. It's just a game, and it's reasonable to expect access to the game. Being more accessible isn't a slippery slope.

Key remaps aren't macros. Nor are they cheats. BDO staff has explicitly said so before.

What's with all the hyperbole? Can't make an argument without exaggerating everything?

[​IMG]

Maybe you can get out from under that rock you live under.

Factorial, NoisyBoy, Desado and 4 others like this.
  12. mupkie

I really hope they realise what they are trying to do, because this measure is nothing but a wrong way of solving the problem.
    First of all, most peripherals have software that needs to be active to use them and not only that, the same software is used for mouse, keyboard and headset at the same time (logitech is an example of that). Which means, people would have to give up on every single peripheral they have to play Black Desert Online, which in itself is ridiculous.
    Second of all, there are peripherals that have macros without the need of extra software.
    And last but not least, people who really want to use macros can develop or use custom software that allows the same behaviour, and in some cases it is possible to grab the working code and create a new "driver" that their system will not detect and behave the same way as the original.
    Taking all this into account, how can someone have thought that this was a good idea?
    This does NOT solve the problem, it only makes you look awfull to your community and you are hurting more people that don't abuse this than the others that do.

13. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

just uninstall bdo lmao, yall making it sounds like bdo is a game u must play, go outside or something:D

14. Andaro

Ambassador

I thank you for asking a legitimate question, and I shall answer it thusly.
    I do believe that PA is right in this choice they are making to alleviate excessive cheating. However, I also believe that the responsibility falls upon them to further develop the input & layout system that already exists in game, *if* they wish to provide convenience to disabled gamers. I state "if they wish" because I do not expect a company to go to extraordinary measures to provide their product and service to literally "every single person" because that is, while admirable, realistically impossible; but I would favor a gaming company more that attempts to include those additional conveniences for their player audience. I will not respect them less for not doing so, but I will respect them more for taking further measures in that area.

tldr -> develop the clients natural input & layout system to be more convenient

Phoenixxx75 and Sibyyl like this.
  15. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

it is not up to you or me to make up the rules but to obey them or not.

he chose not to. thats the problem with people today, they think they can arbitrary chose what rules suit them or not.

16. Kubla

What they are doing by doing this is punishing the whole for the acts of the few.

That is 100% wrong 100% of the time!

They need to deal with the cheating problem with out it being a detriment to other players.

#196 Kubla, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Yulanda and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

I dont use macros... I have zero fear in this. I dont rely on elaborate mouse/keyboard software to map **** either

Crimson_Scarlet and Andaro like this.
  18. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

I understand you are upset about technology and that its expensive and hard to adapt to. Macros, however, have been used with computers for decades. Improvements to computer peripherals have been largely for the reduction of user injury. Such as carpal tunnel.

Games have become more complex and fast paced. Better mice and keyboards make these games more enjoyable, but they don't create cheaters. Consolidation of features is not unique to mice. Macros in games arent forbidden either.

This is about BDO however and a user can use these features to do things not intended by the devs and i mean, above and beyond easy horse drift. Your angry rant and its logic is a slippery slope and seems to be about something else.

Sibyyl and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Player_Slot_available

Due to injuries, I can not sit in a chair while playing, and need to lay down.

So I need to use a one handed keyboard and a mouse with multiple buttons.
    A Razer Orbweaver and a MadCatz MMO7.

Without those I will be physically unable to play Black Desert.

20. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

If they are going hard and fast with this, I will be forced to stop playing. I have less than brilliant vision and have the Microsoft Magnifier macroed to my mouse just so I can zoom in and read UI elements without having to have the UI set at 200% and take up most of my screen space.

This is the only thing I macro using a Razer Mamba (it's a 2 key press but it means I don't have to mess around with with running the game in maximised window mode so I can alt-tab out just to use the windows key combo, then tab back in). So for me it's an accessibility issue.

ODB3698, Factorial, Sibyyl and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.