1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restriction on mouse software on the KR server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Humanx, Jul 23, 2019.

?

do you use a mmo mouse? if so will you quit if this change is added

1. yes i use a mmo mouse, yes i will quit

124 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. yes i use a mmo mouse, no i will not quit

44 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. no i do not use a mmo mouse

50 vote(s)
    22.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

So much to gaming and talking on discord anymore... Logitech headset, mouse and keyboard... it is an all in one suite software so to turn it off for mouse or keyboard turns it off for headset too.
    Only thing programmed to my mouse is button 4 for push to talk over discord, but if every time I try to turn on my headset to chat in discord I get kicked from game, what is the point?

2. nolasigns

I have a fancy mouse. Looks more like a transformer. I opened the macro thing it comes with, closed it just as fast as it opened. Was all Chinese. Has /shift on the side button, though. But I was able to do that in game.

I'm l33t

3. Claudicus

This is a good meme, doubt they will be able to actually stop people from using macro programs though.

4. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

yall are fools lol

this was probably an attempt to stop the Chinese grind bot along with other fishing bots, because those bots are externally hook to the game and simulate mouse clicks.

gotta say, this is one lazy way to fix the botting issue, although it's not their first attempt, at least now they come out and say they will just block it all

5. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

there are at least 2 ways to work around this and one of them does not even require programing knowledge
    nothing will change

6. woots

Thoses guys should make players stop using computer to play BDO, because hack are used on computer.

Fearless V, Lefteye, Josh28 and 4 others like this.
  7. Hekki

Ban gaming accessory? Bad devs LOL!!!

#27 Hekki, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2019
  8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

i guess we will see lots of "omg so awesome" players perform differently after this hits. *giggle*

Stealthe, Josh28, Maginha and 2 others like this.
  9. Mortia

Yep, lazy fix that will only affect the people who don't cheat.

Josh28, ODB3698 and o0ABC0o like this.
  10. Kripion

So i bought a 9 buttons mouse to be able to bind each for one ingame command and now i wont be able to use it? WTF. Such bind is a life changeing QoL for me. And i cant imagine to play ninja without stance swap binded to one button od mouse....
    And what about push to talk binded same way...

ODB3698 likes this.
  11. ImNewPlayer

*laughs in controller*

12. Megabiv

Silly change that will do nothing but harm legitimate players more than those hackers. Can't play because of software on my machine, then fine I'll go play something else.

ODB3698 likes this.
  13. magret

lol wtf so useless … some hardware have an internal memory... you can use them with the software off once you've edited your buttons.

14. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Well there may be people that use macros to execute hard to press combos with else rather "high" chances of missclicking by releasing something too late or early and thus killing yourself in the process. However many, I myself included, just have remapped buttons as you can not properly make use of keys right of about 5,t,g and v or even just 4, r, f and c as the distance gets too high to properly execute it infight without missplacing your fingers after it(depending on how big your hands are). So it is absolutely necessary to put some skills on mouse that have no ingame combination by default. Like blessing on valk for example. You could put that on 6 and remap your thumbmousebutton to a "6".
    And as BDO also handles hotkeys different than other MMO's you run out of space quite early. In other MMO's I could bind like q,e,r,t,f,g,y,x,c,v all with shift, ctrl, alt and by themself to put skills onto. Already making space for 40 different skills.

ODB3698 and Factorial like this.
  15. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

incompetence of these devs always keeps suprising me, they always find a way to fall down even more...

ODB3698, Factorial, Spectrari and 2 others like this.
  16. ImNewPlayer

You should try playing with a controller. You can reach everything.

17. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

well, some mice dont need software at all to remap their buttons. as long as they are not some longer macros but simple commands like shift+something or just single keystrokes.

what developers are targeting are intricate macros and loops and whatnot and i can agree with that as macros are against tos anyway.

like i said, we will see many "animation canceling profiting classes users" crying if they really do this.

Icywave likes this.
  18. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

wow ...
    this is just bad

19. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Afaik you can still use and bind additional mousebuttons to keyboard keys and use them even without the mouse brand software

ntreinoan likes this.
  20. magret

It's probably more about being able to set the click position than rebinding keys or even macroing some commands. (as they target mainly generic softwares and apparently a few selected others)

I don't think razer user have to worry though. If they do BDO would have to worry too anyway.
    But once again, they just gonna be vague about what they gonna do, probably sending every gamer using gaming gear seek for other pastures already. What a bunch of idiots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.