1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restriction on mouse software on the KR server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Humanx, Jul 23, 2019.

?

do you use a mmo mouse? if so will you quit if this change is added

1. yes i use a mmo mouse, yes i will quit

124 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. yes i use a mmo mouse, no i will not quit

44 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. no i do not use a mmo mouse

50 vote(s)
    22.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirajane

its not gonna solve anything , people will still find ways around to use what they want , nto to mention that takes no bodys (general) that dont know how to do it out of using them as well

2. woots

honestly, who the fk is going to buy a new mouse or even keyboard just for this game and thoses incapable devs. I mean. LOL.
    that's some even more absurd idea. ( but cool if somes mouse doesnt need software to be able to use the 6 or more additionnal buttons, that can indeed be handy to not have to map keys if ALL games recognize ALL buttons )
    you still loose the constructor sensitivity settings tho... I mean, default windows mouse management ? .... well... xD

o0ABC0o likes this.
  3. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

well a lot of guild will be looking for people when the next mass exit hppen with this

4. Andaro

Ambassador

doubtful...you don't need macro software to afk-fish

...oh ..wait... >.>

5. TeRRoRibleOne

The more I think about this the more I think how dumb this is. For starters, I bought a new Logitech G502 wireless mouse which isn't exactly cheap. Guess what it needs to be able to work properly? The third party software. So now with their actually stupid planned change my mouse is now a brick. Are they going to be giving me the money that I paid for this mouse?
    Next comes the third party software I have for my keyboard from Corsair. Guess what idiot Korean developers, that third party software also controls the system fans for my computer along with my keyboard.....
    How about before making stupid changes you actually think for once..... I mean if they did that, maybe they wouldn't have ****ed up so many classes a year ago with their shitty non-balancing they did.

ODB3698 and Life2v like this.
  6. reconkangas

Yah this would really suck, I have a 14 button mouse I dont use macros but remapped keys but if I remember correctly my logitec mouse has on board memory once programmed the AP doesnt need to be running to use them..

At least I dont think it does anyway.

7. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Read translation ? The original text translation mean nothing about blocking you software as its 99% whitelisted software, its say to block macro soft and hacks.

8. Sibyyl

Congrats, you can't read.

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

people that dont use keys to use macros/combos/one click=multiple actions should do just fine. i doubt they will go for people using simple key rebinds.

Muhaha and NoisyBoy like this.
  11. zeezero

This is the Hammer approach

ODB3698 likes this.
  12. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Whats funny about all of this is that they actually think they will stop hackers by crippling the community. Most, if not all, mice have all in one driver and software that include macros. If you disable the software, your mouse will become trash. Their anti-cheat is a meme and this is the best they could come up with? Good luck keeping players.

ODB3698 likes this.
  13. NoisyBoy

Its bdo, logic doesnt work here buddy ahahahah
    I have my trinity and i wont change it. They have to learn to stop apliying patches instead fixing the actual issues. They are like monkeys hitting apple trees with a stick

ODB3698 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  14. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i relly hope you are right...
    i rebind keys in game (to werid things like page up ect ect)
    and have my mouse buttons to use said keys
    hopefully im just stupid and am worrying for nothing

15. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

You understand difference between malicious/hacker software and hardware soft ? They almost same, but hardware is whitelisted because of moneyz. Or you seriously think BDO gonna block razer/logitech software ? are you 16 ?

16. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

12.1.3. Use of unauthorized programs

The User shall not attempt to modify the gameplay of the Game by using:
    - Software or sets of instructions (including macros) allowing the automated operation of controls in the Game;
    - Software or code allowing the User to play the Game in ways which would not have been otherwise possible in the regular gameplay.

Pretty sure macros have always been frowned upon and shouldn't be used.
    Seems like now they're actally going to do something about it? Idk, I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't mess with my combo keys, really hate having to Alt+C/B rather than click 1 key.

17. Foo

Foo

Should jsut make it an inbuilt feature honestly got arthiritis and all this button mashing hurts my poor bois

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I am not having a hard time reaching keys. I would have if I could not use additional mouse keys anymore. As you can not set hotkeys in BDO as freely as you can in other games. I mean you can switch your shift for example but then it will be switched for all skills that require shift. Same with any other hotkey. And then you get a bunch of skills that you can not cst over "shift+e" and things like that, but you are forced to have them on an extra hotkey. Just that e, r, f, c, v, x, z/y, q, a, w, s, d, shift and space are all already taken and you only got 4 close keys left (1 to 4). So as soon as you need more hotkeys you either gotta reach for fairly far away keys, which increases reaction times or you use your mouse.
    A controller does not have more keys than that to begin with. So there you either have 3 or 4 key skillexecutions and or are limited in another way. Having to press even more keys at the same time with perfect timing, several times per seconds depending on class and skillchain would just increase the margin of error.

19. ANNOYEDCHERRY

Yes.. It literally says This restriction applies not only to software supported by all mice, but also to certain mouse software...

So Razer synapse and Logitech profiler and any other software that allows you to create macros for their hardware is going to prevent you from playing. But also this is affecting the Macros IF you have rebound your keys through the game and not the software you are fine.. You just have to get use to default DPI.

ODB3698 and Sibyyl like this.
  20. Darlgon

Has anyone even considered that this is a troll post? From a poster with 21 posts? The link goes to a google doc, not any official website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.