1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restriction on mouse software on the KR server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Humanx, Jul 23, 2019.

?

do you use a mmo mouse? if so will you quit if this change is added

1. yes i use a mmo mouse, yes i will quit

124 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. yes i use a mmo mouse, no i will not quit

44 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. no i do not use a mmo mouse

50 vote(s)
    22.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANNOYEDCHERRY

That is very likely. Has anyone found the original post regarding this?? OR is this turning into the whole TRI Sicil adventure journal thing

2. Spectrari

All my rebinds are saved to internal mouse memory, altough my keyboard has no memory and this sucks.

3. Spectrari

My mouse binds will be saved even without this software because of internal memory, but keyboard has no memory and this is very inconvenient.

4. Xeniph

I doubt this is real.

If not it would be monumentally stupid and cost them millions.

There is a work around though, it's how most good botters get away with it. But that's a lot of effort if you ask me /sigh.

Disabling the software would be so lame. Even the folks that use these mice to avoid carpel tunnel by keybinding buttons for convenience would be hosed.

I wonder how this change wold affect handicap accessability.

5. Exitum

Exitum Ruinous

This is the kind of thing that pushes ppl already fed up with the game over the edge. Add a string of expletives regarding Kakao, Pearl Abyss and whomever they got working as management. Hopefully, they will get poisoned from eating their own feces and trying to convince us it is chocolate.

ODB3698 likes this.
  6. Xeniph

I'll be pissed I can't use my mouse wheel left/right for R and CNTRL, respectively. It's convenient for me.

7. Lord_Xenon

I used Process explorer to see several things the simple task manager don't do. But BDO didn't allow that. Now I have to run my system more instable because of this.

8. 2monthslatenonamesleft

This is dumb.

All it does is cause problems for and piss off the legitimate playerbase and does absolutely nothing to stop the kind of hacks as they don't use the type of software to begin with. Unless there is a plague of people who have their mouse autoclick beer or something for their workers at night, this solves nothing. (And even if they did care about that sort of thing, there are far easier way to go about it without this kind of action)

9. Grizabella

And this shows the futility of the effort to ban mice with programs running. Internal memory= no program to detect.

10. Andaro

Ambassador

11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Will they be banning people who use "illegal mouses" or will we just not be able to launch the game lol?

WTF is MMO mouse anyways?

My mouse has 2 buttons and a scroll thingy and I play MMOs with it, does it conceder an MMO mouse?

12. BDOMONSTER

Sad state of gaming and how cheating has been normalized. You are just lying to yourself with obtuse words like "convenience" and "easier" the next step is fully automated play because it is also more convenient and easier as well. This is why standards matter and the slippery slope is truly slippery.

It all started with people wanting an advantage by having more buttons on their mouse to map KEYBOARD COMMANDS TO because well its easier aka you need less skill to do it, its the starting point of cheating, complex high dexterity combos that rewarded skilled players being made trivial. You ate it up because you wanted that edge aka cheating in baseball terms "if i put cork in my bat i can hit the ball further easier"

You gobble up the products and use it as the rationale "its my mouse"

Next iteration macros, i mean always remapped the keys why not now have a single button perfectly automate a more complex keyboard combination timing and all, I mean its just easier and more convenient, reality "i want an edge over other people" and the rational well my mouse has the function built in im not actually cheating its how my mouse works.

Next step hey I got a better idea instead of pressing 5 macro;d buttons I will just use a larger macro! Now with just one button press I can do a complex chain of multi key button presses with perfect timing, GIT GUD like me sucker. Im not cheating its just how my mouse works and like most every mouse has this stuff now anyways, Why YES ALL MICE DO HAVE IT BECAUSE IT TURNS OUT EVERYONE LIKES TO CHEAT and we can sell lots of mice to all of the cheaters who will pretend its not cheating because its just my mouse software! I mean likes be real you still steer your character right?

Slippery slopes, naive people who get suckered in to buy all this crap (120 dollar mice, 200 dollar keyboards) because they want an "edge" while trying to create the illusion they are not cheating. Odd part is the same pack of cheaters complaining about "better" cheats.

This is how the term slippery slope came to be why its bad and why standards matter and are good. Now we are at the point the games are being built with "auto play" as a core part of "gameplay" aka not playing. Sadly this is a microcosm of our entire society that has men dressed as women who are pedophiles reading books to kids in libraries that are stories about "what color is your underwear today".

Signed wise old fart.

13. easay9

As a previously poll said PVP is not the main game and there for macros should not matter and be of major concern.
    Most people have some type of customizable button program to make button presses easier or change buttons that BDO itself cannot actually detect and set properlly.

In my opinion no they do this they are going to have a very upset player base.
    being able to customize controls is part of having gaming devices. Let alone playing on PC.

14. Sibyyl

Must be nice to have all working fingers and senses.

f8Xtractor and Desado like this.
  15. Eonian

This step will just push macro users to switch to hardware that doesn't use any operating system level software, but all functions are built into the firmware.

Very lazy way to try to "solve" a problem that exists for years and they never considered an emergency, just now.

This won't prevent macro use. What would do it: detect skill (that requires multiple key press, such as Shift+E) or skill chain activation time and compare with each other; if there are multiple activations done at exactly same millisecond, that was done using a macro.

But most importantly: for everyone, allow a single key to activate every skill, setting it directly on skill panel. Pressing multiple keys is just a nuisance, not skilled play. I'm not a better player spamming E key than spamming Shift+E. These just make your fingers feel pain after a while.

Activating multiple skills with one press is an entirely different thing that needs to be detected by your anti-cheat software, same with automated gameplay.

ODB3698 likes this.
  16. ImNewPlayer

Unless you have a hard time with hand-eye coordination, pressing some buttons at the same times isn't any harder on a controller than a keyboard, in fact, it's probably far easier as it's a more comfortable fit to your hands. Also, my controller has 30 button combinations, more than enough for all skills and the hotbar. The margin of error is exactly the same, if not lower due to comfort, than a keyboard/mouse setup.

Maybe if they get rid of these macros you'll give it a try. If not, no loss for me, just wanted to point out alternatives.

17. eddie972e

i use a mouse that has internal memory so even if i shutdown the software it remembers my hotkeys and dpi setting, so this wont effect me at all.

AtomicPotato and Andaro like this.
  18. Andaro

Ambassador

Actually it gets better apparently. I'm looking forward to this.
    PA is launching (tomorrow) their new security plugin....

"As more features are added than before, it will detect and block hardware macros and hacking tools that were previously difficult to detect. ...... We will continue to eradicate illegal programs and macro users in all aspects of game systems and services."

Source

If they manage to pull off hardware level macro detections, *grins evilly* , it's going to be some juicy reading in the forums

[​IMG]

Wrapped In Plastic likes this.
  19. RaoulRamirez

Hi everyone,
    I am worried to learn this sad news, for multiple reason i think is a really bad way you choose for fighting hack and macro using.
    -I am not a player searchning performance i just like adventure and collect, craft thing
    -I use shotcut on my mouse for have various way to do the same thing, permiting to my finger to rest by using all of them. It's just an healthy trick to enjoy the game without pain. For this, i hate your decision, it 's a strong handicap for me.
    I probably play more afk activity with this choice.

When i am doing afk activity, i can do something else on my computer, for the same healthy reasons i use another mouse button configuration but now, i can't do it, for exemple the game will crash if i draw at the same time.

It's really sad that you choose this barbarious way for control the players just because you lake on smoothy solutions.
    I don't care about player using macro... i can make quest , farm and gathering with or without them...

magret and Columba like this.
  20. Xastral

This is Na/Eu Nobody still Use those ****** Ball Mouse Most people have either Razer/corsair/Logitech by banning their Proggrame the mouse would not work as great...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.