1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Results of the BDO Balancing Survey

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Greeniewolf, May 3, 2019.

1. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

there were 96 submitted responses to the survey. Not everyone answered every question, but here are results.
    upload_2019-5-3_13-13-49.png

upload_2019-5-3_12-36-0.png

For the question "If you selected other in the previous question, you may add your suggestion here" the most common response was for classes changes to be reverted to pre-renown. (3)
    * "Revert changes back to pre renown, with few tweaks, like remove PA, 1s global iframe cd, sa/fg on cd for spammable ones. And continue with the little tweaks until its balanced. Every class should have CCs to fish, and hard CCs like a grab or spammable float. Same with comparably the same defenses, like same amount of iframes/movement SA and immobile SA/FG"
    * "Remove all changes in the rework. PvP has not been as fun since it became all about 1 cc 1 shot."
    * "Revert the pvp and cc changes from last year and tweak some of the stuff that made some classes broken like lingering super armor on warrior and valk and the "permanent" super armor on mystic"

The second most common responses were to remove RNG responses (2),
    * "Remove rng resists"
    * "Eliminate rng resists, rework grab so it is more limited and carries penalties. Possibly introduce some kind of active counter system like in fighting games"

Rework animations and animation cancels (2),
    * "Plus animation speed and partial reworks where needed"
    * "i just want them to enable more anime cancel or more better combo to use. to increase the diffcult level"

To buff other classes without taking away from others (2).

* "Just give classes that are weak buffs, i dont wanna see changes like they did when they removed protections and cc from everyclass. it was not fun going trough that."
    * "individually tweak classes so that they meet the class fantasy while not taking away from others. The game will never be balanced perfectly but as long as changes are consistently made that pvp wont get stagnant."

Other responses included:

* "Fishsticks"
    * "The only thing that balances classes is letting them exist long enough to be balanced. New classes are almost always overpowered and upset the balance of the game. there is nothing new about this in MMOs."
    * "Maybe a slight mix between anser 2 and 3. However I like it as it isbut I don't mind changes"
    * Balance on data that doesn't include just the top 10 people in the world. Balance for the masses not the tiny few
    * "Rework classes."
    * "Mystic is still overturned, by far the strongest class.."
    * "ranged dmg and cc needs to be nerfed. huge advantage over melee classes"
    * "MUSA is too strong atm - reduce it's movement speed and make it more unprotected, WARRIOR/VALKYRIE/WIZARD DP builds are disgusting abominations of the game and Church buff/Caroline buff/House Buffs/Food Rotations/Villa's/Potion Rotations are all a retarded waste of time that add unneeded complexity to the PVP requirements for a NW/PVP fight rather than skill and build. Other than that, balance is fine - Ninja and Beserker might also need a bit less damage as well. That should make pvp fairer at the higher echelons of combat mechanics."
    upload_2019-5-3_13-8-34.png
    upload_2019-5-3_13-8-46.png
    upload_2019-5-3_13-9-4.png
    upload_2019-5-3_13-9-19.png

{ATTACH=full]158686[/ATTACH]
    upload_2019-5-3_13-10-3.png
    upload_2019-5-3_13-9-52.png

Attached Files:

#1 Greeniewolf, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Shimoyaki, KrimsonSky, Nyhver and 3 others like this.
  2. Ashenvall

Link for this survey?

Mido likes this.
  3. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

upload_2019-5-3_13-49-19.png
    for whatever reason some people can't get this chart to load so reuploading it

#3 Greeniewolf, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  4. Erroll

PA don't care...

5. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

I'm sorry but I cant take this survey serious if I see 53% for"nerf sorc". This meme is so 2018.

Bnna, RIPTOR, BloodyPleasure and 5 others like this.
  6. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

This survey itself was unbalanced pretty sure there is nothing of value to extrapolate here when it's so biased towards ranger and DK.

7. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Lmao @ mystic damage is overtune.

Asterotis likes this.
  8. Asterotis

Right!? We hit like wet noodles!

Chaos Ronin and Blitzball like this.
  9. venus212

At least most ppl are right about those bs op classes that deserves nerf in game.Sorc,mystic, soon we will see these class defenders post sht here.

10. Blitzball

Mystic doesn't huge damage and endless i-frames like Sorceress

11. TeRRoRibleOne

* "MUSA is too strong atm - reduce it's movement speed and make it more unprotected, WARRIOR/VALKYRIE/WIZARD DP builds are disgusting abominations of the game and Church buff/Caroline buff/House Buffs/Food Rotations/Villa's/Potion Rotations are all a retarded waste of time that add unneeded complexity to the PVP requirements for a NW/PVP fight rather than skill and build. Other than that, balance is fine - Ninja and Beserker might also need a bit less damage as well. That should make pvp fairer at the higher echelons of combat mechanics."

This person's answers should be deleted entirely, they have no clue about the game nor classes.

Also another individuals answers who shouldn't count if they knew anything related to PvP and group fight:
    * "Mystic is still overturned, by far the strongest class.."

Also delete the answers of anyone who said Archer or Witch needs to be buffed.

Josh28, Messi and JustAWeeb like this.
  12. Messi

This is a meme right? No one is actually taking these comments seriously I hope.

13. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

PA sure isnt, that's for sure.

We will never have a good survey sample size that will represent playerbase at least somewhat accurately until PA puts ingame surveys for small reward like some other games do. While it may seem annoying to do that you will get a far larger sample of the playerbase opinions of multiple topics.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. TeRRoRibleOne

Based on a couple of those reply's PA shouldn't be taking advice from people who clearly don't understand the basics of the game. I already pointed out two, there were more than that.

BloodyPleasure likes this.
  15. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

That was my point. The sample sizes those player initiated surveys get are extremely low (usually fraction of percent of the playerbase) and you cannot even extrapolate anything from them. Lets face it the vast majority of people will not bother filling in a survey outside of the game and especially when they stand to gain nothing from it in return.

Getting more feedback is the 1st step. Sure there will be a lot of "pointless" feedback, but with a larger samples you can actually follow trends and playerbase inclinations a lot better. Not that I have any hopes for PA doing that :D

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

questions and answers in these polls are not precise.

way too general.

17. Aldecia

Aldecia Sorceress 62 EU

The majority of listed suggestions must be from people that don't play the game. Several suggestions are also of the scope that this would be a completely different game.

If this is to be democracy I understand why dicatatorlike tendencies around the world is on the rise.

18. Decem

I have 377dp on warrior and im evaporating, just a bit slower. What you are even talking about. Whole caphra system is in the favor of evasion based classes. DR classes needs PEN armor at least wtih DR offhands and DR accessories to at least survive something.

19. Denthors

91 responses , for , me thats a failure. the sample is not big enough, witch make the whole thing invalid

BloodyPleasure and Chaos Ronin like this.