1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning Player - Sup with Altar of Blood ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Azu_Raged, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Azu_Raged

I haven't been able to test out Altar of Blood when it release ; so now I've returned, did the quest and have currently waited 3hour's in queue searching for two other player's. My assumption is that no one plays Altar of Blood, not 2 people.

What's going on?

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Fishing?

3. Foo

Foo

meh rewards so queue up with your boys

4. Korvgubben

Awful content.

Life2v likes this.
  5. JSXShadow

What are the rewards for it anyways?

6. Aiwen

7. LucidKill

It's not that good per hour, but it's fun the 1st few times. Problem is it requires much stronger gear than it should at the early stages.

easay9 and Pointis like this.
  8. Azu_Raged

Ahh okay okay, thanks for replies.

9. JSXShadow

The rewards seems to be fantastic tho, even disregarding the chance boxes each stage. You are looking at easily 300m silver for a full completetion. The question is: How long does a full run take? Are we talking 1, 2, 3 or even more hours?

10. GuardianOfTyria

No, the question is: what gear score does each person in the group need to have to reliably clear a full run.

Only after that question is answered can you ask how long will a full clear take.

11. ghoulz666

Anyone see the irony that the AoB died out faster than Savage Rift? Even though people wanted a better Savage Rift, they gave us something even more disgusting.

That's the incompetence of the devs for you. They design something that demands endgame stats, but endgame players can grind drastically better silver elsewhere. So in the end it's content for no one. The devs are probably oblivious as always though.

Shastalya, crosspath, Saffor and 2 others like this.
  12. JSXShadow

Then lets say 230 AP and 290DP each with Kutum, how long would it take?

Also, you could grind more, but it comes down to RNG..if you get a PEN Boss piece out of the AOB (which is not going to happen but COULLDDDDDD) you are vastly above anything you could farm, even if you just get a random piece of PEN/TET per run. Assuming you need max 2-3h for a full AoB run. If it takes longer..screw it.

13. LightsOut

You'll get destroyed in early stages with that gear. I probably wont be able to get through the last 2 stages with my 277/325 Kutum.

14. Ripztar

i got to stage 6 with way less gear (also party member way less gear) than you, i had best gear and was around 269/300 with nouver, its all about tacticts and know what to focus and what to do

15. LightsOut

I'm talking stage 9/10 for my gear and class. Stage 6 ofc you can do with 269. The guy I was replying to was talking about completing all stages at 230 ap.

16. JSXShadow

Jesus christ..can you at least CC the mobs? Since you can utilize loads of iframes, like when soloing scroll and rift bosses, if you can at least CC the mobs, you should be able to do well with even lower gear. I know from experience (other games tho) that if you tryhard your CC-Game, that you can basically do anything. But if any mob in there is immune to that, welp, rip xD That would suck xD

17. Saffor

D3vs seem to suffer perception disorder syndrome :D

In their minds everyone is almost full pen, thanks to buying hundreds of outfits each month to cron their gear up...

They probably never heard of average / casual players with 240 AP and TRI or TET armor who would like to team up for a chance to get a gear upgrade but will fail in wave 2...

Also my eagerness to play around with stun items from wave 5 on is approaching Zero.

18. LightsOut

You can not no. Its mostly a gear check rather than skill test. Obviously some there is some strategy in the entire thing but its primarily based on your class and your gear.

19. JSXShadow

Welp, rip. That's all I need to know, thanks guys. Too bad, good content should always encourage decent gameplay for some benefits. Like it's even easy to farm Jail/Sulfer/basi with 150 AP. Sure it's slow but it's easily doable with a decent rotation. that's great. Gear-Hardlocked content is just BS imho.

20. LightsOut

To be fair with the current rewards there, it would suck if someone with 150 AP could complete all stages and get PEN gear, skipping everything else. I do think getting PEN gear has to be really difficult and rare to keep us hooked and keep us entertained.

As for the content part I do agree, its dumb to be gear locked.

JSXShadow likes this.