1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Returning player with a few questions about ranger and DK

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Edremis, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Edremis

Edremis Ranger EU

Since I'm quite lost about the current state of those both classes I will leave here some questions in order to compare those two classes so I can decide which one to main.

Grinding:

1- Which one have a better time grinding? For example which requires less pots, which has a less anoying grinding combo...).
    2- Which requires more weapon switching while grinding?

PvP:

3- Which one is better at ranged damage in group PvP?
    4- Which one is better at AoE in group PvP?
    5- Which one performs better in general in group PvP?
    6- Which one performs better in general PvP?
    7- Which one has is less squishy?
    8- Which one requires more weapon switching for PvP?
    9- Which one is harder to use? (More complexity, less reliable, less performance...)
    10- Which one get punished the most from your own mistakes?

Thank you in advance!

2. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

I hope others can chime in more on the PvP aspects, since I don't do that very often, but for items 1 and 2:

1- I hear lots of people say that rangers took some of the worst of it when the giant nerf hammer came down for "class balance". Obv, grind speed is going to be based off of your play style, but I don't have a really bad time grinding with my ranger. I only played my DK up to 57, so between that and a friend that mains a DK, I can only say that if feels like my ranger is faster. However, with the nerf hammer came a massive amount of stamina-draining skills, so I have to switch up combos a lot, and...

2- switch back and forth in weapons incessantly. Staying in one weapon stance or the other will either cut in on DPS significantly, or make you run out of stamina real quick. DK experience doesn't seem to require as much back and forth, but again, I'll let someone with more first hand experience chime in for that.

Edremis likes this.
  3. GM Lithium

Game Master

Hey @Edremis - you may want to check the Classes for specific questions on specific classes!

4. Aise

Welcome back :)