1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revamped Kamasylvia Main Quests

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GreyRebel, Feb 28, 2020.

1. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

i just finished it and i really liked it , the story feel more mature and less cliche .
    i also noticed that some lores got cut down from the main quest , like the ronaros lore and i really think those should be added as a side quest for new players who enjoy the story in this game . just hope we can have more quests like these in the future .
    im really excited for the upcoming expansion Odylitta and the lore its revealing .and the last thing is i hope those crossroad quests in the game have some impact to the game beside some minor dialog change in the future , maybe some unique furniture or some emotes or even some spells or abilities can be rewarded depends on what you choose in crossroad quests

Whitrix, Arkadia and LucidKill like this.
  2. Sethox

the story line is not only speaking about R ?

Allan1985 likes this.
  3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Only way to let players know you game have lore its make its unskippable, other way players just spam "skip" and cry about game have no lore.

4. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

well they could have make it more interesting by making quests voice covered , atleast the main quests , its funny that in the mobile version quests are voiced , but in the main game there isnt even 1 voiced quest

5. Sethox

we are here to make ours story, not liste to one !
    MMO are not a place for story, but that only my opinion

6. Schinrah

It's nice to have, but even in SW:ToR people skipped the storyline despite it being well done and voiced. It's a big part of why that game went F2P and has almost faded into obscurity, devs solely focused on storyline and thought everyone is not only gonna listen to it once but several times, so that they have time to create more content meanwhile.
    That's not how the mmo market works tho, most players want to get to the "endgame" as quick as possible, and peer pressure from friends or guildies progressing faster adds to that. So it's nice that they put some work into their lore and update the quests, but that being said in a korean grinder like this it is not surprising that most players do not spent time reading it.

7. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

There is some in game engine cinematic fully voiced, i think they don't start automatically anymore or/& they messed up by cross roads, but you still can watch them from NPC dialogue.

8. Graugus

The revamped quest chains are a lot better than what they had before. I love finding out about lore but in the beginning I found BDO lore confusing and infuriating to follow.

The black spirit’s syntax was straight out of Google translate or felt like it. Given example.

*Black Spirit* “So, you want to be strong and big, grass beetles must be shown a lesson after you hit W,A,S,D,to draw power from us!”

*Me* “What the **** you just say to me?”

This was BDO in the beginning.

Allan1985 and GreyRebel like this.
  9. Beeso

The BS needed his own “y u no kill beetles!?” Meme.

10. f8Xtractor

Partway through the chain, after the journals / cave, all the new quets for me got replaced by ones from the old line!

11. Jupto

I find it funny that they do things like that and yet they "forget" to BOOST the exp gains.. At one hand they want people to do their crap quest and on the other hand they want people to stay out at the grind spots.
    Im not the only one who would love the game to death if i could quest from level 1 to 500 doing only Story quest and Not kill 500 poop and return to quest giver and then go out again and kill 500..

GreyRebel and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  12. Allan1985

they wil never be able to compete with truly catching story lines like GW2 as far as they continue to go cheap and just place walls of text with no cinematics or voice actors, if i wanted to read a story i would grab a good book instead, BDO story line is "spam R"

13. WeaponX

...for cavemans BDO story will by just pressing "r"- but who care about cavemans :D