1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revamped Loot - How would a professional solve everything?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by 2Cents, Jun 11, 2018.

1. 2Cents

Stat Tracker: Developed by the company to show your silver/hr in every hunting area and eliminate any guess work. These basic tools have been created for 1,000's of games.

Never guess again: Take literally 100,000's of hours of real data to know exactly how each area performs.

Works for PVP: Not sure if it's balanced? What about the overwhelming stats showing win/loss ratios. Search by date/update.

Works for PVE: Issues with a class grinding to fast? Know exactly how many mobs, exp, silver per hour across the entire game world.

Test phase with the metrics before release.....

Allow players to record and submit data......

Wait, scratch everything. The company is to cheap and incompetent to use actual metrics, or do any testing, despite having 100's of employees.

#nothing.to.see.here.move.along

2. Dreadhood

Eh, now that's just dumb.

And to be fair, PA always said: ''we want players to test things themselfs''.
    And the things you listed, aren't an issue, like at all, exept maybe for the PvP.

Also, sup with your massive post spree?

Pook600 likes this.
  3. Asato

I'm pretty sure they already have the tools necessary to collect whatever datas they want.

I might be wrong and I'd like maybe some sources or someone backing me up : but wasn't a/the FS chart based on an actual database of KR players? Like PA published it?

For PvP... if you exclude the open world, yeah it would be nice I guess. But it's kinda useless unless they introduce Arena based modes with reduced or non-existant gear gap.
    For PvE : Yeah it will be good if you keep them to yourselves. But it's just gonna lead to a forum topic : best areas etc and ending up with most players grinding up to the same spot (Like sausans/pirate, if I did my homework correct on BDO's history). There would be areas completely empty ,and that's what PA wants to avoid right? Anyway, you get a proper idea after grinding at a spot for 2h and if it is suited for you.
    Anyway, as the loots are RNG based, it's gonna always be "guess work". I don't think it's necessary.

PS: I liked because you trashtalked PA !

4. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

flukeSG2, Smileybones and Asato like this.
  5. Asato

6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

@2Cents owned by facts thanks to Alterist.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  7. 2Cents

Having stats, and using them is two different things.

#nagas ?
    #broken.witch

Remember how they used that data to properly balance Sausan's / Pirates. You know better than to challenge that. It only took an entire year of players complaining AND A YEAR AFTER VALENCIA WAS RELEASED to begin fixing it.

Guess they where to busy to adjust a few numbers with their several hundred employees.

#7 2Cents, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Just admit you got owned and move on, don't try to save face after having first claimed they don't use any metrics.

9. 2Cents

The only metrics they use are to display the fish botters they didn't ban.

I would say good fight, but your not even equipped.

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Blablabla, you got owned and can't admit it so you will say anything to save face, even blatant and obvious lies.

You're only making this worse by not letting your disgrace be buried quicker into the forums.

11. Meeraku

Meeraku DarkKnight 58 NA

Please... just stop. You'd have more credibility if you would actual be sensible and constructive.

12. 2Cents

You should refrain from using statements like this. It's not an opinion or up for debate. It is easy to calculate an areas drop per hour given enough hours of data. The RNG will not be a factor and the balancing will be quite accurate.

All I really need to say to win is Sausan/Pirates. Everyone who played long ago knows those where the 2 places to be. They obviously where NOT USING THE DATA in any meaningful way.

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

The only constructive thing here would be no to open this troll thread in the first place.

You should refrain from coming back after being exposed so hard. You stated in the OP that they were not using any metrics and now are backpedalling desesperatedly to save face by admitting they do have metrics but are not using them.

14. 2Cents

For an ENTIRE YEAR players complained in mass about Valencia. Roughly half the games life span.

If they used proper methods you would have balanced areas instead of just "their best guess". In fact it could be near PERFECTLY BALANCED if they used data.

Instead they had a slop fest of Sausan/Pirates dominating everything in the game for over a year.

15. 2Cents

Slam dunk self owned son.

Using and having !=

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

[​IMG]

17. DemonNinja

Go away, your posts are never constructive. No one cares and 90% of the active forum users have you blocked. I wish they would just ban you. You are toxic, negative, and non-productive all the time.

18. Nyhver

Careful about replying to Asato because he has logic like above xd

comical to be frank

19. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Berserker NA

Can I be andy?

20. Blackhearted

Even if they showed you grinding data it would never be accurate.
    The games been adjusted to waste ur time and steal ur money.

More frustration=more profit