1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revert all the changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Arekku, May 16, 2018.

1. Arekku

I think it is time for Pearl Abyss to give up on their pvp vision and re-introduce it later when they got something that doesn't make a big chunk of the community quit, blow up their gear or reroll.
    We've had almost 1 month since the introduction of renown. It's been mostly ineffective at mitigating "getting 1 shot" and increased the gear gap.
    CC's applying on 1st hit only: This makes no sense for a multitude of reasons. First of all, animations, some classes have long/weird animations which they cannot cancel or move during. It's not intuitive nor logical.
    Second, they punish combos, there's no point in me trying to learn a proper combo, outplay my enemy because there's always gonna be a 30-60% chance for it to be resisted and get punished because RNG wasn't in my favor.
    Furthermore, there is not enough counter mechanics to resists nor are they properly explained. Precision and offhand crystals are the only counter to resist and atm they come at around 20-30%. There's also mixed opinions on how the cap on resists works. Is it calculated by Resist - Ignore resist then applied to the 60% cap or is it a 60% cap - ignore resist. There seems to be a lot of confusion around this.
    With the dreighan patch there will also be new gems allowing you to get to 100% resists on all types of cc, or 60% after the cap.
    Removal of SA/FG: Let me say it straight, at softcap, where things were being balanced around, the only class that had no counterplay was Mystic's abuse of SA and extreme aggression. Warrior and Valks lingering SA was a bad mechanic but it was possible to blow up their block and punish them afterwards. (Before renown)
    Now, after the removal of SA/FG what made bdo fun, the fast paced, aggressive playstyle is no longer viable, instead being replaced by a turtle like meta where applying pressure and outplaying your enemy gets punished.
    Large-scale isn't any better either, now the flanking aspect is gone, outplaying enemies in 1vX is impossible and even in the main engage raid there's too much random CC that you cannot counter.
    The CC system changes: We're not horrible but resulted in limited combos, taking away the essence of some classes and reducing the skill ceiling.
    If there's really no way of reverting the changes at least do this: buff the "ignore resist" aspect so players can punish/counter the mechanic, make animations easier to cancel, remove some of the CC on skills mainly used for damage, bring back the superarmor or forward guard on gap closers, and give forward guard to some skills in order to allow the choice for an aggressive playstyle.
    Cheers.

Aoinin, KidKazuma and piro505 like this.
  2. Alfhildir

the addition of renown and fame were good, get rid of the rest, CC / evasion / SA have their place. call it a day and get ready for lahn.

3. KidKazuma

KidKazuma 34 NA

Aoinin likes this.