1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reward exploit reports

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by NVG, Jun 22, 2018.

?

Should exploit reports be rewarded?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    54.0%
  1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

while i think that people should report them without rewards, incentives could help them to actually do it, therefore i voted yes.

2. LightningFFXIII-4

I like the ghillie, I use it as a kuno as it makes me harder to get tracked by 10 ppl trying to kill me in RBF.

But when used by a speedhacker, it makes it impossible to report him/her especially if hes wearing a ghillie.

Not everyone is a streamer with flare readily available.

3. LightningFFXIII-4

Reporting other players would be so easy if:

1.) Ghillie suits are removed from the game. I like them, I use them, but if it helps reporting hackers, i'll gladly get a refund for them.
    2.) Ingame reporting tool where it makes it so easy to report someone.
    3.) Add a "Call a GM button" where it will summon a GM at your location and they will talk to you.

4. lRNGesusl

Anyway, will not work:
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83276-hacker-hunting-initiative/&page=1

"Thanks to the efforts of the community alongside advances in our detection and preventative measures, the Hacker Hunt Initiative is no longer producing a high volume of reports. As a result of this we'll be discontinuing the rewards aspect of the program to direct our focus into more pressing areas of our services.

We of course still encourage players to submit reports of potential violations of our Terms of Use to Customer Support, where our staff will launch an investigation into the matter with all haste."

5. Amerrante

Amerrante DarkKnight 61 EU

I do not want a reward
    But they could do the same as League of Legend
    Sending you a message when the player you reported get punished with a ban
    Atleast you'd know that your time spent to report others has been usefull

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

that mail should also contain an ear of the banned persons main character :diablo: :D :D :D :D

7. Rayin

Let's follow your logic just to show you how is wrong.
    If there's an outfit that grants you to stay under water and fish, let's say at the bottom of ocean so that is hard for many players without that same very outfit to read your name because they have to deep dive and find you - which takes many tries as you'll be out of oxygen very soon - while your hack simply allows you to teleport from point A to point B, then yeah, a partial solution is to remove a feature and take the time to fix the issue.

Ghillie suit shouldn't be in this game to begin with, especially because with certain classes if dyed to match the environment - and the fact that you have no info above your head like regular characters - you're basically invisible to others. Why do you even think that so many players in RBF use a white/yellow ghillie and make their character the smallest possible size? because they know it gives them an edge, but most of ghillie users are too proud to admit it if you're against them, if they're your friends instead not-surprisingly-enough they'll admit how stupid the ghillie is.

Also you can play without the ghillie, i dunno why you're mixing stuffs like Hystria hackers, the fact that you can't play the game and so on, it doesn't make any sense.
    But then again, my post was in order to show you the fallacy of your logic, as they won't never remove the ghillie effect because it's here since day 1 and many people would freak out, so you have nothing to worry of.

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

The problem is that many people, especially how greedy the bdo community is, would report anything they think could even slightly be any bug/exploit or even report stuff that works perfectly fine.
    This would end up flooding the mails and hindering the work that is being down, as they'd have to check every mail and see if it could be a bug/exploit or not.

Rayin likes this.
  9. aswedishtiger

You pay more

You win more

That's how BDO works. Stay woke

10. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

I've always been a fan of Security, Bug, and Exploit Bounties in the world of IT. If they took it seriously and actually resolved the issues it would be nice but it's not about issues not being reported. It's about PA taking far too long to acknowledge any issue whatsoever, let alone even remotely try to fix those issues.

To see something like ethical hacking to report and basically show where the exploits and flaws in their system are would be a great thing to improve this game. Again though, the issue isn't finding the exploits, it's getting PA to open their eyes and ears to it.

11. lRNGesusl

Open their eyes and ears? They always read the forum and remove topic/post in 1 minute. They already have eyes and ears open, but there is difference between observe and see, and between listen and hear.

12. SKYMARK

LOL YOU MENTIONED THIS IN OTHER THREADS . AND YOU CAME TO THIS ONE ASWELL BECAUSE WHY NOT RIGHT? :D:D:D::D:D

13. Jollyblue

This is truly a wild ride. Is this what I've been missing not using the forums? Reddit's so calm in comparison to here LOL..

14. lRNGesusl

Maybe they have already remove all the topic/post.

15. Prasao

no?

16. Prasao

Are u Family with the Light guy?

17. Malfurion

Make flares a 5min selfbuff instead then so that ppl have plenty of time to catch the hackers on film.

18. AlwaysSaltyAF

A video gaming community where the players get rewarded well for doing the right thing. This could be a win/win if handled well.

19. Sebastianz

I voted no for one reason. I think people should do the right thing just to do it.

Smileybones and lRNGesusl like this.
  20. AlwaysSaltyAF

I understand your point. Here is the thing, though.

If people are more motivated to do the right thing, then they'll be more likely to do it.

Lets say if you were to catch a speed hacker via a recording program and you aren't the best with the software it'll take you ages to crop a good clip of it and upload it. Potentially taking hours.

Minimizing your game and doing all of that as well as sending/making the proper support ticket.. It does take time.

In a game where your time spent doing activities is rather important to most people, so important they make huge and complex spreadsheets about everything they're doing... I can see how some people would deem it simply "Inefficient" to report something.

The GM box is nice, especially the lvl 3 one, for turning in trade crates. That is about it though. Not everyone does trade crates either.

I personally don't really care if I get rewarded or not for it. I enjoy making vids/reporting hackers/etc just for the memes. It'd be funny to catch a hacker throwing my char into the sky and I'd enjoy a meme clip of it.

I'm just thinking of everyone else when I say I feel like THEY should be getting a damn good reward for accurately reporting a hacker, bug, or exploit, because.. they should. If they do something good for the game they should get a damn good virtual reward.

Just my 2 cents.

lRNGesusl likes this.