1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reward "Whales"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Nihilistic Nancy, May 29, 2020.

1. IWalkAlone

The comunity here thinks that even only pets are P2W, and in ESO you have pets too and crafting bags.SO by this thinking, both are P2W.
    And Yes BDO is way more P2W, but again my personal opinion is diferent.I think P2W is only the case when with real money you get advantage in stats or items that are strong than what you can get with ingame mechanics.But my opinion doesnt matter.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  2. sajdas

i would say there are few items that can really count as p2w (as you must get them from the pearl shop and are not obtainable by any mechanic of the game, events doesnt count), the list i can think of right now is:
    tent, pets, maids, lifeskill outfit and ghilli. some would say weights and inventory but i listed what in my opinion is mandatory to progress in this game.
    rest are p2convenience (a term i dislike but ill use anyway for understanding) such as lootboxes, artisan, outfits melting and selling.

3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

You have never played eso have you? Pets do not loot for you, they are cosmetic only. The crafting bag is no more essential than the value pack in bdo but it is the only subscription available. The eso plus gives you the crafting bag plus all dlc upto the but not including the latest released content.

4. IWalkAlone

Does pets gives you more inventory slots?Yes my experience with ESO is very little because I dont like the game no matter how much I wanted.SO in general I stop.Thats why what I read on ESO forums may not be 100% true.Do you play real money for ESO plus? Are there xp scrolls for real money in crown store?

And you can have tent, pets and maids in game too.Also you can sell costumes for silver, thats 35 a week, but you can make 1 bilion silver per day in game.

#264 IWalkAlone, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2020
  5. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

No. Your mounts will give you more inventory but you have to level them one slot per day and all players have access to mounts, the mounts in the store are just cosmetic and they have given many away over the years. There is no advantage in a shop bought mount over an in game bought horse. I am currently playing both eso and bdo. I pay for eso plus and yes you do pay with real money. It is only a slight convenience and not necessary at all unless you want to keep a lot of crafting materials and a lot of different gear. I pay for it gladly and use the crowns they give to buy the dlc that I am interested in so if I do not want to pay for eso plus anymore I have access to the content still. I have bought every expansion the game has and I have never once been disappointed in the story content.
    There are xp scrolls in the store but they also give scrolls as you level up and as daily rewards. I have never purchased any xp scrolls here or in eso. You do not need to use any of them though unless you are levelling a second or third etc. character. You should always take your time with your first alt because just like bdo if you rush to end game you do not have enough skill points. As you do the story quests you get skill points just like bdo.

#265 MoonDance17, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    MADE likes this.
  6. sajdas

wait... are you refering to the green tent that The tools run out of durability, Repair cost is x10 the normal amount, Potions cost x2 the normal amount and of course no villa buffs?
    pets - fair point, ill admit the 4 free pets are a nice addition but lets be honest, compare to 5 t3-t4 pets its like nothing. (also we have pets with special abilities such as the hedgehog that make gathering extremely better)
    maids - yeah, you do few from playtime and 1 from black spirit quest (not sure about that one). ill retract from the maids part i guess.
    ".Also you can sell costumes for silver, thats 35 a week, but you can make 1 bilion silver per day in game." - you dont have to convince me the game is p2w, i just like to make a separation of things that are must and cant get from the game and things that are obtainable from other players.

MADE likes this.
  7. IWalkAlone

Tent is better in CS, you can have t3 and t4 pets ingame, Hedge is def better, you can buy a lot maids and make your life way better and you have to wait years to have them in game.
    Basicaly the only thing you get form game is guile, hedge and the good tent.But the other things you get slowly.Also if you play the game active you gain more silver than CS.So my question is -Is it realy P2W situation so bad? I dont think so.
    That was called P2W in BDOs forums.If you have any type of convenience for real money its P2W.Thats what people here say.

8. sajdas

to be honest with you, i dont care about p2w, in such game of progression ill fall behind no matter if the game is p2w or just very grindy (which black desert is both xD) because i dislike the way progression works in this game (grind mindless mobs in circles and life skills) but like the combat, visuals and the pvp of it.
    what i would like is pvp modes with equal gear but thats off topic.

IWalkAlone and Ben Phoenix like this.
  9. MADE

335.000.000*35=11.725.000.000 well that alone makes you 1.67B/day, but sure with the right gear, you can farm ~100mill/h, so with only 16hour of grinding per day, you can get the same income, definitely not P2W.

10. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

That was called P2W in BDOs forums.If you have any type of convenience for real money its P2W.Thats what people here say.[/QUOTE]

Not true, some may think that, not all. I have spent over one thousand US dollars in this game. I have not bought a ghillie, a tent nor any buffs, no artisans except with loyalty, nor have I ever bought a pearl item to sell on the cm. Paying for a small convenience is not pay to win but this game is because of the plethora of advantages gained by those that spend over those that don't. In eso you do not need the craft bag and you do not need eso plus. It is not comparable but you have never played the game so do not know. I have played both. Try playing this game without pets, weight and the three? subscriptions. Most will tell you that you have to have the tent but you do not.

Plus you can of course do both lol!

11. IWalkAlone

I did play it, but stop it because I dont like it.
    I did play more than year without pets.I did play 2-3 years without weight and maids.I still dont have tent.Game is totaly playable without those, but yeaa once you have them you dont want to play without them.
    Same here but one diference.I like grinding a lot specialy with OwPvP.And I still hope they gona keep the promise about more arena modes and equalized modes.

sajdas likes this.
  12. sajdas

agree, OwPvP make the grind less monotonous.
    im very skeptical about their so called promises, im sure you can relate. but we can hope :)

IWalkAlone likes this.
  13. Avaroxy

You have spent more on pixels in 4 years than I have spent on rent in 4 years and think it's not whaling. This is mindblowing...
    And before anyone suggests I live in a dirty sewer hole or something... it's a 2 room appartment.

14. IWalkAlone

Well you know what they say about people and hope :) Lets be positive.

sajdas likes this.
  15. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

So in ESO lets say you paid someone to carry you to the best META gear and CP 810. If you are garbage at the game. You will get outplayed or perform 25% of the rate of someone that in Crafted gear that's CP 300. What to know why? It's because CP and Gear in ESO don't carry you to good performance. Like it does in P2W games like Korean MMOs.

All that you can buy in ESO with money will not increase your performance if you are bad. Where as in P2W Korean MMOs if you spend $30,000 or more you become untouchable by a huge amount of the playerbase. Which is two ends of the spectrum.

TL/DR- In ESO you can not P2W game performance. In P2W games like Korean MMOs you can basically buy GODMODE console command from the game devs. if you spend enough money.

MoonDance17 and MADE like this.
  16. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I guess i'm also p2w because i have a £9000 setup too lol. Show me what paying to win in BDO gives you a permanent advantage over someone who just plays their ass off. Just 1 thing that i can buy that is impossible for any none paying player to ever have even if he/she played for 10 years and i stopped now.

There is nothing and a hardcore no lifer will eventually catch a "whale" if they tryhard enough. Plenty of people have done it already...

IWalkAlone likes this.
  17. Boink

I play in NA I can't get a single costume for my class. What's the secret with sniping costumes every week? Yes, I tried the sale trick but my preorder been there for a long time now. Yes I do check the recent transactions.

I'm surprised people get to snipe multiple costumes in a week and have enough for pen attempts.

18. RandomHajile

Well you assume p2w people are also playing a lot. Otherwise, why pump money into the game?

You spent more money on the game than you did on your set up tho. :o

I don't mind tho. I'm not like shaming you. You prol hit diminishing returns assuming you're not just melting/lootboxing. If you wanted to costume, weight, inv, etc 19 chars I could see spending thousands. If you pay for all the buffs instead of get them off the market, over 4 years that's a lot of money, too.

I'm def not mad at you at all. But, there should be an ability to realize what people are saying. Are you in a better position because you paid 20k? Probably. Are you in a better position than someone who spent 2k smartly? Probably not. Are you in a better position than someone that spent 150 bucks? Yeah, but they probably could make up the difference thru hard work. However, NOT WORKING is winning. haha. It's like you can clean your own pool or you can pay someone to do it. Paying someone to do it seems like a win, if you can afford it. Just another thing you don't have to worry about.

MoonDance17 and Kynreaa like this.
  19. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I hear what you are saying (or read it at least xD) and i really don't play a lot. I haven't done grinding for about 2 years because it's boring as hell, i don't life skill and the thought of sailing makes me actually seasick xD. I did spend more on this game than my rig but it didn't take me 4 years to build my rig haha. Same as the money i spent really. If i were to just drop 23k on the game today, i would probably be better off than i am now. I have to admit though, there are so many people more geared than me who have spent a fraction of what i have.

20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Why does cost matter once a games P2W? The more expensive the worse off in my opinion. If its cheap then its not an advantage, its just the cost of the game.

MoonDance17 and Fearless V like this.