1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rewards from killing red players.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blackhearted, Jul 17, 2018.

?

Which option u prefer?

3. I have a better idea or addition that I'll post below

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The_Inquisitor

Alternative Idea:

When you kill a red player - you are sent to jail and inherit their negative karma.

Reasoning? The poor red player was probably just tired of filthy casuals karma griefing their grind spot, and, in a fit of anger, decided to "go red" on their @$$.

2. Rayin

3. elephantgrey

How are newcomers supposed.to sport enough money for it to be worth finding and killing someone higher geared than them?

4. Blackhearted

When some1s been harassing enough they ask for help in chat or if that seems too difficult there could be announcement similar to jail one.

5. Lavrenil

Put price tag on Pkers head and let him being chased where ever he goes. Memory fragments , or roses and tulips, or what ever currency you want. Bounty hunt system would be great.

Kurejiin and Blackhearted like this.
  6. Mr_Mumfi1.1

Mr_Mumfi1.1 Garandi Striker 61 EU

7. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

Then redplayers should get 1 million silver per kill if ur taeged dont gave the money in inventory he gets in minus until he makes it even with his money in the bank :)

8. Lavrenil

Red player should lose ability to be safe in towns, around marketplace, no safe spots for them. Add that to bounty and voila, no PKers of afk players.

9. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

There is an easy solution, you don't have to PK those lowlife scams who suggest PK must suffer, you just ignore them and out-farm, not received any attention and cannot piss you out, they gonna go target someone else.
    Also PK system must be reworked 1-2 killed by same player gives small amount of karma and "victim" doesn't lose XP, 3-5 kill by same player gives regular -120k karma lose and victim lose 1% per kill, 5+ kill by same player no more generate karma and victim can only resurrect to town.

Foxens likes this.
  10. Rayin

To do that they should also be rewarded for killing other players, much more than positive players would be.
    Balance isn't eliminate this and buff that, if you eliminate something you must compensate with something else.
    If you want to increase the punishments that are already higher than what positive players loose upong being killed, the rewards must skyrocket to give a meaning for being red.

Foxens, Blackhearted and Lavrenil like this.
  11. Lavrenil

True, and all can be calculated and implemented. I did play games where not 1 spot was safe place, but going blood thirsty on normal players had draconian consequences. So if you think you rule the world, rule that world, no problem. But if you dont, you will think 3 times is it worth to kill blue player. I seriously hate to see people that hunt afk horse riders, and kill them, knowing they have training gear on them+ they cant possibly defend. Well, it this case, they wouldn't or they would but a lot less.

Rayin likes this.
  12. Rayin

Yeah, i played those kind of games too and honestly it was thrilling as hell.
    The fact that you weren't truly safe anywhere, even if you didn't kill anyone, was so scary that you had to find real "safe" spots where to rest, like bushes, the top of buildings or dark corners forgotten by time and people.
    This game had some thrill in the beginning, but then they removed it for a reason or another, bad or good that it is.

EXP loss upon death was good only for that reason, the thrill. And the fact that it was keeping the grief at minimum from a certain point of view.
    I wouldn't take it back only because this environment right now is too toxic and people would abuse it for real unlike in past, so i'd create alternative punishments to discourage griefing in a way or another.

A bounty hunter system is a beginning, i for one would have at least a bounty per day because i like to create dramas between guilds that i'm in war with and fuel them, so i have a lot of players hating me for a reason or another and this system would actually detrimental for me in primis.
    Next step would be a bit more balance in PvP just moving the Renown Score only for PvE, because right now there's no competition at all, much less than in past.
    And then who knows, one can dream.

Blackhearted likes this.
  13. Kurejiin

Your "reward" as a red player is, that you get the spot,right? If you want a reward for killing people...stay on the good side and work as a bountyhunter, if that system will come out someday.
    You dont need a reward for being an [badwordincoming]. PK till red and get hunted....by people who want to hunt people for money...so if you stay clean you can get rewards for hunting bad pk-heroes.

14. Rayin

There's no reward actually for killing other players, unless they're red. And there's no benefit in becoming red, not even earning a spot, as if you're that stupid to go red on someone he can simply call his entire guild or friends and slaughter you.

If for you they shouldn't be rewarded because you want a world where everyone holds their hand and preaches only good while deeply inside they act as worse as they can (like you and your passive-aggressive "badwordincoming"), that's your opinion, but for me every aspect of a game should be explored, should have his pro & con and should be rewarded exponentially if the risks are high and are there.

This is an open world game, it's inevitable that other players will affect your experience. There are no dungeons, there are no unlimited resources, there's the option to attack players or to war their guild.
    Red players are something that you may not like, but still, if they exist there should be some sort of reward, else let's just disable the PvP altogether and call it a day, crippling another game that had the potential to be complete, appeal everyone and shine in another, different aspect.

Blackhearted likes this.
  15. Blackhearted

Ty Rayin for taking the conversation to a more constructive level.
    There are holes in karma system that should be fixed. There should be benefits for being red and killing red. It's a major part of PvP in this game that's being left outside.

16. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

I even thing killing traders would be a cool thing getting 50% of his trading items wheb get killed.

17. Fesquera

As someone who never flags up and is very much a PvE/lifeskill player:

NO!

The "geared players griefing newbies" isn't a thing par for some outliers. This is an open world sandbox MMO. If some twat wants to kill me that might be annoying, but shouldn't come at huge penalties because they play the game that way. Game is fine as is

Cedricu likes this.
  18. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Rewards for killing outlaws or red players sounds good. Rewards for outlaws please no. They do not need any more reason to go red than they already have.

We already have a solution for players not wanting to go red. PvP channel they even get better drop rates there. Better drops should equal more reasons to go to escape going red. From holding a spot or taken someone else's spot.

The issue in this game is gear disparity. When you are going red for killing someone 2 or 3 times. It's time to evaluate your play style. Maybe just out grind them since you have so a overwhelming gear advantage over them. Or again go to the PvP channel. Or deal with the consequences of your actions, and enjoy your red status.

19. Stabby

Option 3 - PVE servers.

20. RngNotWithMe

to be able to kill that red player is your reward man :D