1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rework for Heilang from the Tamer class

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Goraj, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Goraj

Only I have the impression that Heilang from the Tamer class is terribly ill-conceived?

First of all, he needs stats like a horse (HP and stamina) when I ride him, only I get injuries, and in addition, the game behaves as if I was running, not Heilang, which I am just riding. I reported it via ticket 2 years ago, but it has not been done to this day.

In addition, at the highest level of skill improvement, he is practically unstoppable. Such a bug is great to use when I'm facing too strong opponent for me, and I have to kill him then my Heilang takes all his blows and fights with him, and with a good set-up, I can sit all over and fight for a longer time than if I joined.

You could remove this hp bar at some level of skill, because I have not noticed it ever since it changed in some way, or somehow weaken it in exchange for improving Tamer class smak statistics.

And really, or do it so that during riding, Heilang would use his own endurance, because I will not even ask for hp looking at the above issues, or simply remove the two statistics in the world, because they do not make any sense.

2. Belle Atwell

I think Heilang is the way he is because of a grace granted to us from the Devs. PvPers complained about how he was originally conceived so he was nerfed into oblivion. They didn't separate his functions between PvP and PvP like the later classes. They just nerfed tamers into oblivion and moved on. Now he barely does anything.

That he rarely dies (he can die) really helps with him holding agro (about all he is good for).

Whenever he de-spawns it becomes obvious really quick. Either you die or start taking significant damage. So, he does hold agro still and a lot of it.

Tamers are also incredibly squishy. If they nerf him much more just for 'immersion' it would basically be the end of the Tamer being anything different from the Kunoichi. Anything different except it would suck more, hold up even less well than it is doing already in PvE.

You are also asking for the Tamer to have its mobility skill even further crappened. We can barely chase people sprinting right now.

The only fun thing left on Heilang is he can jump a long ways when up in the mountains. That's really helpful exploring/traveling in odd terrain. We can jump off mountains right now and take no damage. The pet dies, but where's your sense of fun?

Why do you want them to remove the one thing that makes the tamer any fun outside combat?

It isn't like riding on the pet is actually effective in combat. Mounts in general pretty terrible in combat. It already can't climb over the tiniest rock. Has no stationary jump to overcome said rock. And you want to now suffer more damage off this crappiness?

Summary:
    Heilang is kind of broken, but it isn't Heilang. It is a combination of PvPers wanting it nerfed, the devs not bothering to sort its skills to PvP/PvE in the nerf (instead just blanket nerfing him), and then leaving us with an agro monger that has no skills of its own. The only thing Heilang has going for him currently is Howling and Command Attack (in pet mode). As a mount he's great for leaping large gulfs and surviving large falls. People don't ask them to take anything more away from him. The damned PvPers already took most of his functionality. Please don't take his non-combat skills just for realism or some other bs like that. If you're going to ask us to take falling damage, go tell the Lahn she can't fly, and then take away everyone's ability to use the Black Spirit. It's too magical. As for stamina and running. Ya, it stinks that we get a pet-mount than runs slower than us sprinting. It is why I believe the function of Heilang is more about the novelty than fully fleshed out utility. I mean, again... the said rock defeats us every time. Don't ask them to nerf him any more than he already is. They'll probably do it just for the funzies.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. Goraj

I want to increase his mobility. When I did not have the developed "Breath" skill, it was impossible to ride on it, because the normal gait is similar to that when the product from Trade Manager, and when I used the sprint, it braked rapidly every few seconds, which slowed it even further. I currently have level 31 on this skill, but the sprint lasts too short to use it in practice, and higher levels require a lot of time to sacrifice.

When it comes to hp, I can not use his skills while driving, because when I fight with an opponent I can not do as good dodges as normal, and that I collect all injuries then stronger opponent h I would die too fast to be worth it.

I do not know in what situations he died because I did not try to sit down with really big skills, but if he collects all Dark Rift boss damage and I do not notice that he lost all the battle for a bit of hp on the strip, that means he is practically immortal.

I believe that half of the possible advantages are not used and if the form was rebalanced, it could gain a much larger number of supporters.

4. Goraj

By mistake I added a post not to this topic. Please ignore this or treat it as a refreshing topic, because I do not see any option to remove this statement.

5. Agitoad

They should remove Heilang's stamina :/