1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rework I-frame.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Anvorka, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Anvorka

I know, another thread about Iframe. I’m not targeting any class (lul). I want to propose a rework of that.

What I mean is simple. SA has a "life", 100 dura. If you are at 0, you can't use any SA to protect you from a CC. You need to wait few second until the "life" is totally back.

But Iframe doesn't work like that. There is no "life". So the idea is to put a "life" on the Iframe. And when you are at 0, you aren't protected anymore. That'll balance the game.

2. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

I think that u are meaning FG. So, using a system like FG for SA too, right?

3. Spectrari

You just invented stamina bar!

Rilok, sajdas and Kurano like this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

if only there werent other ways to use iframes even without stamina.

imho, every iframe u use should give u "debuff" for 2-3 secs, under which if u use iframes, 50-75% damage bleeds through, or just makes it into regular SA. this would actually make sorcs invest into defensive gear.

Jinoro likes this.
  5. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

I wouldn't mind seeing iframes removed completely, but thats never going to happen.

iframes could be just fine as is in low latency Korea but that isnt the case in NA. Among other things.

6. WhySoSeeryus

he literally meant health. u lose it in SAs and when it reaches 0 u r dead. :D

7. obata

100% sure u talk about sorc :D what about go to battle arena with trial sorc u can choose me any trial class u want its up to you ad i would like to see how many times u die in 100% uptime OP i-frames. Stamina dear OP is resource and only one thing in game is faster depleted then stamina and this is silver on accesories.

8. Anvorka

Thanks man !

No what I wanted to say is why can we destroy SA and FG but no the Iframe ? If you don't have enough stamina, you'll run away and wait just 5 seconds and you can use it again. Why not apply the SA and FG system on Iframes? Iframe is really strong if you are smart and you realize how to use it. But you can't destroy it when the man use it in the front of you.
    So idea is maybe to put like "10 stacks" and when you are at 0, your Iframe won't protect you.

9. Anvorka

The only moment that I grabbed a sorceress during iframe was only with a desync.
    And I don't need to go BA with you 'cause there are a lot of sorceress in. No need you to "practice".

10. WhySoSeeryus

we all remember that vid of sorc being in the enemy blob for quite some time with his stamina bar depleted due to alternative way to fuel iframes. there is no way any other class in the game does this even if perfectly played.

11. sajdas

video isnt even relevant anymore as the skill that made it possible to such scale got 2 huge nerfs lately:
    -first nerf was to remove the amount of shard generate.
    -second nerf (last patch) removed the stamina generate when the skill animation is active.

now, you can generate shards by attacking but that also means you are not in i-frame anymore.

*not to mention that some classes doesnt even need to do so as they can tp far away from said blob or simply stealth :)

12. Anvorka

If you think shard is a nerf, you're wrong. You didn't read all of your spells but it's ok. PA changed a lot of things but they didn't write it on the patch. Casual sorc won't find it.
    About the stamina, I don't see the difference tbh. You are smart, you'll not chase a player who just want to drain your stamina.

13. sajdas

"If you think shard is a nerf, you're wrong" sorry but i didnt quite understand what you ment here, what my comment was refering was to the sorc skill "flare crow" which was what made succession sorc immortal.

"If you don't have enough stamina, you'll run away and wait just 5 seconds and you can use it again" isnt that litteraly the same for fg and super armor? if your block bar is low, you'll run away and wait just 5 seconds and you can use it again...

*i dont say that i-frames are not overtuned, i even think that they should give a skill to each class that counter i-frame on medium-high cool down (15-30 sec) just like how grab counter super armor (and fg).

14. WhySoSeeryus

well, not really, coz its often one hit that demolishes my block bar and some classes just walk through my SAs on 360 dp (not LIDL dp, full pen armors).

15. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

They should give all classes better iframes, iframes are the best protection in this AP heavy environment. This way fights become about dodging and finding an opening, more fun, with some SA trades, making mistakes makes you lose, increasing the skill ceiling.

16. sajdas

of course i dont really think like that, it was just to show the flaw in his arguement, if the player stamina is zero he wont "just run away and wait 5 sec", he will most of the time die...
    though there is a stamina management but that goes the same for the other protections, player will rotate his protections the way he see fit to surive the situation

17. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Wouldn't mind if they removed or reworked iframes and PA.

PA, is a shitty mechanic. The concept of being able to protect your allies for a short period of time is a decent idea... But when people are being forced to create an alt or reroll to witch/wiz for seige/nw, kinda ruins the concept of having a bunch of other classes. Some classes are able to get away with being a flex group, but its very few and mainly iframe classes. Group pvp, its probably more broken than iframes, but in general, you can still get CC'd or cucked until death, which makes iframes more broken.

Iframes are just broken, negate 100% damage and CC. Like remove them, rework them, or rework other defenses to give enough group play survivability to be considered balanced. Rather than, iframe, iframe, iframe, iframe, through 30 people, CC several, if not kill several, then frame, iframe, iframe, iframe, iframe, iframe.
    Pretty sure everyone can agree iframe spam is broken.
    And before anyone says, but.. desync.. Probably have seen iframe desync save them more than kill them. -.- The amount of times I've seen a class get desync'd in an iframe, lay on the ground, take zero damage, stand up, and iframe away is ****ing retarded.

18. obata

and whats your feedback to to give back i-frames classes to return of remove their one defensive? or just simple delete class of game? is your post just mad rant about i-frame in " super IQ coat" ? did u see protection on sorc skills? nope dont think anyone saw that (2x FG nonspamable,one SA in succ, and that is pretty much it. I can see your point removing "spam" i-frames is good trade.100% balanced.

19. Exaah

they dont have protections on skills because they have iframes tho
    if they nerfed iframes, they would give protections, thats common sense

Muhaha likes this.
  20. Analiyah

You want to delete iframes ? Ok. But then delete grabs too. Fair enough