1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rhos Letter 2020-2022 to the developers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Rhos (Farrons_Legion), May 24, 2020.

?

Would Black Desert expansions be something you would buy?

This poll will close on May 24, 2021 at 6:54 PM.
  1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes, if it meant more content would be put out at higher rates of speed.

4. No, i'm happy with the current developement.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rhos (Farrons_Legion)

2020 - 2022

A new PvP minigame/battleground that allows players to queue up to and have fun. (Average 20 min games)
    *Unfair advantages because gear difference would ruin this type of PvP mode. (Source of an example: Literally every other mmorpg with a battleground/frontline PvP mode.)

Changes to enhancement system that makes PEN more realistic to the average human. (Even top lifeskillers who min/max silver income have been complaining alot on twitch/multi media about how ridiculous the rates are for PEN enhance, its a widespread issue that's constantly being talked about.

A new renewal package as the game is growing *Done* *2020* (Please consider doing these every 2-4 years, asking for money is fine long as development/growth is being made.)

*Note: This letter is advice from someone who has played/playing mmorpgs for 20+ years, I live for mmorpgs.
    Keep up the great work Black Desert!
    - Rhos

2. zhagsten

I would buy expansions if they were complete content (not something they start and never finish) and there weren't anything more than cosmetics in the cash shop.

sajdas, Thugarin, Ternezia and 5 others like this.
  3. AngellosVulpinos

I too would buy expansions to the game if they made alot of changes that were benefitting the game as a whole

Phoenixxx75 and Yumine like this.
  4. Biishope ☯

Hell no, every pearls thing ingame is already pretty expensive.
    I do not need more moneygrab, lemme buy the outfits I like.

5. NightGlider

I would buy expansions if they SEVERELY REDUCE THE ITEMS IN THE CASH SHOP. Like Value Packs and other buff related packs.

6. woots

Unless they revamp everything to have some sort of AAU, sure, in the current situation hell no

And unless they actual create something really gamedesigned and not just another umpteenth copy pasted grind spot with the same dumb pure 100% RNG driven

MamoruKin, SSIJ, Jinoro and 6 others like this.
  7. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

Hell no the Korean still get crap we dont ya Global build what a d a m n joke

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  8. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

The issue is bdo was never ment to have meaningful content, it's to make as much money as possible while only cratering to the Korean market for all changes. This game would have to be severely revamped to accommodate a buy2play model with expansions. I mean would anyone pay for a game that you will be afk in for most of your play time?

Vortexii, Vanraven and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. LightningFFXIII-4

Imagine suggesting to make purchasable expansions on a F2P mmo lol.

10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

people are shoveling cash in their faces via cash shop and still they are slow as **** :D

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  11. Joungf

I do not agree with you.
    I do not see any great work made the last two years by PA for BDO. I also do not see any great work regarding open-world-mmo-rp for BDO that will come in the future. The listed "improvements" are a clever and strategic move, nothing more and nothing else. Those changes will not magically change the game from a huge collection of simulation games into a real mmorpg. PA needs to change and improve a lot more to make BDO a great mmorpg again....... just my opinion ....

Vortexii and Thugarin like this.
  12. Tolots

Paying for expansions on top of the cash shop ? Haha good one :) I'd uninstall and never look back.

Vortexii and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

For a Western game developer that knows how to add content and not hard gate progress and content behind cash shop sponsored RNG walls. Yes I already practice this with ESO and GW2. Actually I goes far beyond that and spends hundreds of USDs a month for cosmetics in these games cash shop. (People spends thousands $$$ on Fashion Wars 2 and Fashion Scrolls Online.)

For a Korean Dev. that don't make content rich games. And gate everything behind predestined cash shop sponsored RNG wall. Hell no, I think I'll do what most gamers do and keep it moving.

14. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

I would only buy the expansion if the exp rates from 1-50 goes to vanilla, rest being normal and enhancement gets to +30 with 25-30 being way more harder to be achieved and cannot be achieved with silver, something like do 1000 quests to get the required item to upgrade.

I do not like how the game ended up being so easy, i get to see players at 260+ ap not knowing anything about the game and even asking how they make a crate...

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. chendu

I would consider buying an expansion IF
    • said expansion was at least 1/3 as large as the current game
    • game was getting properly fixed beforehand
    • said expansion came as a one time thing
    • (I got a bit of a discount for having paid the game full price since I play since cbt... )
    • said expansion Came with actual game content (and not more of the lottery/gambling type content)
    • said expansion was properly priced ( Cause I'm not putting 30 or more bucks in a 2hours ride like many games keep doing )

Bizmarc89, Jinoro and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Goyen

Can you please share the timeline of all the MMORPGs you have played for over 20 years

17. Vorkrunne

Sadly I have yet to see a single boss fights whose mechanics impressed me in BDO.

I don't think gameplay is something that Pearl Abyss cares for.

BDO is a very pretty game. Great setting. Nice to look at. Fancy character combat animations.

There isn't anything to look forward to in the game regarding gameplay though. So I probably wouldn't buy an expansion. For what? More of the same mob grinding? BDO shines as an RP game and as an MMO for the busy, working adult who likes to AFK progress.

I happily buy ESO expansions. Great dungeons and raid content.

That being said, if they suddenly produced PvP games like WoW's battlegrounds and equalized gear, I would love to buy permanent access to that battleground after a 7 day trial.

Bizmarc89 and Jinoro like this.
  18. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

You mean another Shadow Arena, which was full of speedhackers (cuz free stuff) etc? No, thanks

Valestris likes this.
  19. Eternal2nd

Eternal2nd Kamigamino Sorceress 61 EU

Is this a sponsored topic or a a straight up insider to see how far the brainwashing has gone?

20. GERstenk0rn

Shadow arena?
    "top" lifeskillers should make over a billion a day easily. Thats about 2 pen weapon/armor pieces a month. I dont think they have to complain.
    This smells like a bait. You even want to be milked.
    20+ years yet only **** advices.