1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rich Merchant Ring Research

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Atias, Mar 24, 2018.

?

Do you think the Rich Merchant Ring exists in NA?

Poll closed Apr 11, 2018.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. I don't care. PA, Fix the Market place lag!

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. Atias

Hello everyone! About a year ago, I've started a "Archaeologist Map" research thread, this was back in a time where people doubted it's existence. Thanks to the help of fellow adventurers, we were able to solve the mystery of how to obtain the map. Before I was able to complete the map for myself, I went on a hiatus. After 9 months I have returned and since then, completed my own Archaeologist Map. One of my fellow guildies has completed his own map and refurbished a guide for the Archaeologist map.

So because the Compass is self explanatory at this point and already known via the Item Drop guide and BDDatabase, I am starting the thread for the 3rd Valencia Treasure, the Rich Merchant's Ring. I will provide what information I know and ask fellow adventurers to contribute with information/help with verification to confirm/bust leads. Let's face it, the Market place is crap at the moment with all the lag, snipers and bots(if they exsist). I believe the Ring exists in NA. It's just either A. more cancerous to obtain than the compass, or B. no one really investigated.

Anyone is willing to submit information to help towards the research. However, if you claim to have a piece. Please submit it with a picture of system chat log.

So, what is the Rich Merchant Ring?

ID: 12034
    Rich Merchant's Ring
    [​IMG] Equipment
    Attack (AP): 0 ~ 0
    Defense (DP): 0
    Weight: 0.17 LT
    - Personal Transaction Unavailable
    - Cannot be dyed
    - Cannot be enhanced - Description:
    A ring for those who are experienced and skilled in trading. Having this ring in possession may help you with your chance at the Marketplace.
    Item Effect
    Marketplace Bidding Success Rate +10%

Source: http://bddatabase.net/us/item/12034/

It's a Ring that increases "Market Place bidding chance by 10%".
    I won't get into the math about how useful it is, but any added chance to snipe pearl items/hards and sharps makes the ring worth it. (That and I'm a junkie for rare items)

To get the ring, one must gather 5 unique Merchant Prince's Ring Piece into a set pattern.

So, imo, what should already be common knowledge for the Ring.
    1. No one in the world has obtained the Ring, though a piece has been discovered in both KR and NA. (Will talk about it below)
    2. Ring pieces are obtained though NPC>NPC Valencia trading. (so no junk/player crafted crates)
    3. According to Bddatabase, one of the pieces drop from a Desert Trader (Those caravans full of elites that walk across the desert) http://bddatabase.net/us/item/44268/
    This is a rumor and can be dismissed until proven. There is ways to obtain other pieces in the mean time. The drop rate can simply mean the drop rate after trading dropped goods at a trader. Killing a caravan is the best Karma bombing to trade from Muiquun.

My Findings via research.
    What re-ignited my desire to search for the ring was a comment post by BDdatabase user koomtlyi97. A month ago, a post in Korea showed a ring piece was obtained via trading in Valencia. I can't read Korean and Google translate did it's best... I gathered enough information from the post including a system log snip and youtube video of a piece in the player's inventory.
    Of course you can deny that 'It's KR, not NA!' However, A piece has been found in NA!
    [​IMG]

I wasn't sure how accurate the information was, however. I have since been lead to Bloo's Datamined sheet on where to get the pieces from which vendor, these two sources of information do overlap each other and I will safely believe the information.

UPDATE!
    As of 4/10/2018 around 3PM EST, a Piece of the Rich Merchant Ring has been posted in NA.
    Thanks to YukaKazami (Family: Ishtarin) for linking the piece and answering a few questions for me.

YukaKazamiRingPiece.png

YukaKazami, a Master 6 Trader, has been trading the Ancado > North Valencian Trader route for about 60-70 hours to his testimony. I don't doubt the time as It took me about 300 hours for the Archeologist Map.
    He also shared his source of information which is Bloo's datamined sheet on Reddit. Here is a link to a google doc with the datamined information.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sG-MWd180wi9HFP9BS3LBha5_2vKacA65LbN1eIAwiM/edit#gid=0

Bloo's information suggests YukaKazami has obtained piece no.4 of 5 pieces needed for the ring.

Though the drop rate is miniscule for some pieces. Those are base rates, and one should assume that Luck, and trade level plays an important modifier to the drop rate. Just as being able level up to kill mobs faster = faster rate to get map/compass pieces. (Personal thought)

How do I get my ring?
    You have to be Master 2+ to do a lot of trading in Valencia, probably more recommend to be M6+.
    The ID of the piece is based from which trader you BUY from. Basing from Bloo's information, you can buy goods from a Valencian Trader and still get a piece selling the goods in Altinova.
    The best way to get A piece it seems would be to active trade within the city, just be sure to check your inventory after selling to keep track which piece drops.
    When buying from low volume traders, be sure to switch channels for another set of purchasable goods (assuming higher level items = better chance modifier)
    So you obtain the pieces not by fighting but at a low rate to obtain from trading. You do not get a 'jump for joy' animation when you obtain them so testers, please be active in checking your inventories after trading in regions.

UPDATE 5/10/19
    I've noticed alot of rumors and chatter going around about the ring have been made, so I investigated. Thanks to a good friend, I was able to get the Clipping of the system message.
    [​IMG]
    A Couple things to note. This is a CM-made ring on a CM-privileged account. So this cannot be 'proof' that the ring exists for regular NA players. I have yet to receive or find any new research (NA nor KR) leading up to the ring's creation. So at this point, the ring has only sentimental value if it exists at all, unless spaghetti codes allows it to work when items are at max Preorder, but even that has holes in the theory.
    My personal belief right now is that the ring doesn't exist (nothing to prove otherwise) but I'll keep a lookout, pray they come out with a new one for the new market.

UPDATE 7/18/2020
    A Fellow Ring hunter opted to work towards the Merchant Ring through this Old Method even though there is a new method now available. Since starting he Has obtained piece no.1 and was able to capture it.

Took him about 40 hours to his data
    [​IMG]
    Credit to Discord Name Crycèr
    His trader is M10

#1 Atias, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Amirite, Stillwaters, Ninjago and 6 others like this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

2 years, I have dropped 1 Pure Black Stone.
    Not once have I ever dropped an Ogre Ring.

If that says anything.

Veight and Stillwaters like this.
  3. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

This ring has intrigued me for awhile but the droprate and karma penalty is too harsh to even bother.

Draconnix likes this.
  4. Blitzball

It doesn't exist in KR

5. zhagsten

No AND fix the damn marketplace lag.

6. Atias

I haven't addressed this post for quite a while. so I'd thought and update it with a few comments.

First off, long after this post, I reached Master 8 while trying to obtain a ring piece, which is generally the highest level you'll want before moving to Kama if your active trading or Port Ratt trading.
    Weighing my perceived chances at obtaining the ring realistically, I asked a GM whether or not is exists in NA. I forgot which GM it was, but he/she responded that the Ring is NOT available in NA (which is weird) but it makes sense. The pieces may be obtainable but the pattern for the ring is not in NA.
    A few days ago I put in a trading overhaul suggestion in the forum including a new Merchant ring for the new market. Two separate individuals say people has already completed the ring and it exists! However I have yet to receive any solid evidence that the claim is true. (Screenshots, names, etc) I know the pieces do, but the ring.. I'm still skeptical. Any attempt at researching for the ring yields the same results as the Original Post above. You'd think there'd be a screenshot or two of the player having the ring/linking if more than one player completed the ring.
    If anyone does have information that proves the ring's existence, Screenshots, names, text boxes from NPCs suggesting the ring's existence (like the other two treasures), etc, I'd be very interested to learn.
    Family Name: Scai Region, NA

Stillwaters, seanas and Tvvin like this.
  7. Vanadiel

I think with the current marketplace system this ring does not have a lot of value and is not worth the time, unless you absolutely want to have it.

8. Atias

I have the compass and the map already. If they up the value of the goods/implement my suggestion for the trading overhaul, it'd be worth trying. im not gonna trade for 15M/hr >.>
    This is the link for my suggestion.

https://community.blackdesertonline...e-trading-bundle-trading.443910/#post-2098830

Give it a view, comment, like and pray for me that they'll at least look at it. I'm tired of grinding and manos gathering will only be good for like a week, whenever it comes out. Need something rare to grind for like a new Merchant Ring!

Stillwaters likes this.
  9. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

We don't RNG bid anymore. Just saying...

Sibyyl likes this.
  10. Sibyyl

Pure Black Stones have a percentage chance to drop from all mobs.

Ogre Rings just from Ogres. How many Ogres have you really killed?

Edit: I've been twicked.. and this thread is a necro.

@Luxea ffs

Stillwaters likes this.
  11. Ninjago

I think OP author just want to get it for completion purpose. Just like the maximum benefits obtained from certain amount of titles, there will be a handful of exceptional and over achievers in the game. Kudos to these individuals who set out to embark this journey of highest completion goal in the game.

12. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

One ring to win them all !

[​IMG]

#12 GreyRebel, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  13. Jaylah

Jaylah DarkKnight 62 EU

Two rings for 20% D:<

14. Schinrah

BDO is better at making content obsolete than WoW ever was :) Main difference WoW can afford to, BDO not really.

15. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Content like this, I don't mind seeing obsolete seeing as nobody has the actual ring on NA/EU. Just pieces.

This part is fine and all, just as long as they don't regret the time it costed them when they want something else in the game.

16. Schinrah

It was a general observation, not limited to this ring. If you want a bigger example, basically 99% of Drieghan. Half of Valencia/Kama, most of Calpheon etc.

17. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Those IMO could've been done better. They never should've been afraid to exponentially expand the rewards of new areas that are meant for higher geared players. Part of the problem is that there's no real "journey" right now; just rushed to 60+ in like an hour and then grind for gear in the same 2-3 groups of spots. There's no real transition. Spending longer to grind a single stronger pack doesn't reward more.

18. Sibyyl

None of what you've mentioned is obsolete. What are you talking about?

Desado likes this.
  19. Schinrah

Oh? Please, enlighten us about all the valueable content there is in Drieghan for example?

20. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Garmoth heart.
    [​IMG]

Schinrah likes this.