1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip all crystals wile getting boosted

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Unranked, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

It's called

get this

killing mobs.

Mgp, Reigne Irkalla and JM like this.
  2. Spartakatz

You didn't stumble. You went to a combat area and turned on forced PvP.

You could also say, your cat ran over your keyboard, that would have been more credible. But also in this case, it's just your fault. Get over it.

3. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Your analogy makes as little sense as the scenario you originally presented everyone.

In your analogy the grown man would likely have assualt charges pressed.

4. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Honestly I don't even care if he did it on purpose. Fine, whatever, your hand slipped. Dumber things have happened. But you wore valuable gear on a character with no offense, didn't bother to actually grind for yourself, and managed to fat-finger yourself negative. It's 100% your fault, and fair per the rules of the game that EVERYBODY understands. And that's the BEST CASE. Whining about it is pathetic.

5. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 62 EU

Im low ap becouse of this and you might think im stupit but I dont have a walnut for a brain so I would think about trying to face roll someone with that gear. and I died twice because I fairied up after thinking someone flagged me then I noticed the purple sword and the fact that I was flagged myself.

Attached Files:

6. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

Link your armor too plz to prove my theory ^^. PS, you don't lose crystals when you die when flagging but you do lose crystals when negative.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

best analogy would be.... he was driving very expensive sports car, hit gas instead of brakes and crashed into a wall. still his own fault. (altho i doubt he wanted to turn off back spirit rage at exact moment there was a player in front of him, accidentally pressed pk mode, and attacked the guy and hit him) .

8. Unranked

My point of the entire story is just that im salty and I lost **** becouse I was stupit, but not deliberately, and Im ok with getting new cystals but I think a character should atleast start with positive karma becouse its rediculous to get maximum penalty for one stupit mistake or a cat that walks across ur keyboard

9. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

You could have EASILY resolved this by killing a few mobs on your own. You're acting like you didn't kill one grass beetle on the way to Sausans. That's ridiculous.

10. Unranked

sure the rest of the gear (meanwile its back into the inventory of my striker tho)

Attached Files:

11. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

Why would you even pk with a new class you don't even know how to play while getting boosted? thinking.

12. Unranked

wy on earth would I bother killing grass beatles when I can be boosted to lvl 56 in 60 mins. and one grass beatle isnt enough karma to not go negative after hitting someone even without killing him, should atleast take 3 minutes of grass beatle farming to reach that amount of karma buffer (exept for the fact that I will in the future to avoid stupit situations like these)

#52 Unranked, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  13. Unranked

that the whole point, I didnt even want to, I just didnt notice I was flagged (because either my fat fingers or my cat or both walked over my keyboard) the reason doesnt matter, I didnt want to kill nor attack anyone...

14. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Nothing about the scenario makes sense.... I'm wracking my brain how any one could "accidentally" flag PvP (alt+c) and at such coincidentally bad timing to boot.

15. Unranked

ill help you, it wasnt accidental timing, I was flagged for a longer time without noticing becouse I was buisy reading and trying out new skills on a new class. that that clarify things?

16. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

IDK how you can't notice that massive red flag icon appearing right next to your character name.

17. Ama

Ama

why bother going sausans under lvl50, thats not how boosting works, you get like 10% of the exp youd normally get from purple mobs, trash ez tier

Foggen likes this.
  18. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

Whether it was accidental or intentional makes zero difference in my book.

It’s a fair mechanic.

Should it be different? Maybe.

If things were up to me the pvp rules would be different. Dying in PvP will have a penalty. Dying when red will have a bigger penalty. The system won’t be like now where only the red player is penalized. With that said, the system as it is now is fair. It may not be the system I want, but it is a system that everyone knows about a head of time.

Whether you made a mistake or not is immaterial. I could make a mistake while fighting Garmoth and lose gems to a PvE death as his abilities can kill my post softcap witch. Would my fumbling or mistake entitle me to a refund? No!

Now if you lost the gems or gear due to lag, my answer might be different. But things like lag are hard to prove, and I would still say, you have to take the loss (Kakao will occasionally replace). But when the loss is due to your mistake, you deserve to lose the item. It’s no different than dying in PvE due to a mistake and losing gems, clicking tet on a zero stack by mistake as you swapped to the wrong character, or using a 150 stack by mistake on a +15 reblath instead of a pen dande because you forgot to switch to a failstacking alt. Yes, all these mistakes may happen. But the person who makes the mistake suffers the loss.

The good news is that the gems aren’t that hard to replace. Yes, it hurts. But you made a mistake. It wasn’t a server hiccup. It wasn’t someone else’s fault. It was you ur fault. You deserved to lose the magic crystals because you made a mistake.

19. NVG

NVG

Since when you lose crystals if you PK first and you get killed?

20. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

You lose experience (some of which can’t be regained with an elion’s tear) and magic crystals on pvp death when red (negative karma). The only exception to this is if you are in the desert.

You lose nothing on pvp death if you karma is positive. If you have max positive karma, it takes at least 3 player kills to put you negative (more if the other player has similar gear). Even at max karma loss per kill, two kills won’t put you negative.