1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip mouse movement

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wollbert, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Tvvin

I can see the uses of Ninja MM but I don't really seeing Ninja MM making or breaking the class compared to Berserker tbh. It is possible to adjust individual class properties is what I'm saying. Berserker will need it after this change lol

2. Read: never use a forward block that can't be moved as every class in the game will just strafe and cc.

Also: never cancel an animation, because real awareness would tell you not to use a skill you cannot complete.

Above all: never pvp, because the highest awareness of a fight belongs to the one who never gets into a fight.

You are a sage. Thank you for your wisdom.

choovanski and Xenon like this.
  3. levinano

Intended or not, some things add to games. Jack Sparrow wasn't intended to be a main characters in the Pirates franchise, he was meant to be a jester to liven up the serious story of prince Will and princess Elizabeth. But Depp made the character so lovable (beyond original intention) that Sparrow became a mainstay in the series.

A lot of games now have unintended things that they keep because it makes the game better, higher skill ceiling. As long as they're balanced. Right, some of the things aren't intended and they go against balancing preferences from the devs, however, instead of aiming at them specifically they're being lazy and removing the whole mechanic altogether. A lot of animation cancel chains aren't intended, Chase cancels being one of them. They add to the game without being broken though so they've became there to stay.

Turning FGs are only one portion of what MM has to offer (refer to what I said Mae can do with MM), it still rewards those who spend the time to practice it. I'm not trying to convince you here because I see that you strongly believe in your opinion as I do mine, I'll just point it out. You believe that as long as it's not "intended," then it doesn't matter how much skill or practice someone can put into it, it shouldn't be part of the game. My opinion is that stuff like FBT turning, Chase cancels, and this time around MM skills should be an option for people who want to practice and can correctly utilize it. My stance is just that the super broken and glitchy ones be removed on a one by one basis, not to remove the whole system altogether. They already do this with cancels, they add or remove cancels (Warrior block cancel addition or Zerker headbutt cancel removal) on a case by case basis, and I'm saying I wish they wouldn't be lazy and do the same for MM skills....

choovanski, Törni, Ashenvall and 3 others like this.
  4. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

hope you are not running game more than 60fps, cuz that would be exploit aswell.. not intended to increase your char performance higher the fps u have

5. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

i dont use anything related even close to exploits.

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

we can joke all we want, fact it, fps increases your performance and people play tetris quality mode just to squeeze out extra fps -> to do "skillfull" combos and way faster animation cancels. this shouldnt be possible in any game that hopes to have competitive gameplay. (same goes for having multiple input options, but allowing only one to have additional effects)

Naho and LinaCrysta like this.
  7. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

MM does not make the game better tho. it only benefits people who are ok with exploiting. just team up with BladeBoques if you think so.
    Cheaters, exploiters, hackers. all of them are human waste for me doesn't matter the game or the circumstances. where are the good old times when this people got the treatment they deserve.

#187 Wollbert, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  8. This is funny.

There is no moral high ground in this. Just people who one week ago had one thing to complain about, and one week later have something else to complain about.

9. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

because you say it? or you want it? bullcrap

10. Hey, mate, if you really feel that people who use combat mouse movements are

Then feel free to report and block me

11. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

i dont feel this would help. but how about you let them just fix it easy with one change for everyone without debating about it. seems very skillful to point and click tho, just like a handy game.

its anyhow the devs resposibility to fix it rather than ban players. just look at fallout 76

#191 Wollbert, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  12. Helegnes

Just wondering, have you ever tried dueling as a witch, 1v1, say, 269 AP 301 DP equal gear, against a grab equipped class such as warrior? You should try it sometime, without mousemovements :|

13. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

i did for 2 years and i did pretty well. still warrior is a hard match. the most witches dont even know about petstiff or even the slow as ways to counter a grab.

14. Vanadiel

I thought this game was all about fluid combat mechanics and amazing combat animations and effects?
    If so, then what does it matter if you move or not when casting?

All they had to do is remove the unwanted side effects when casting while moving.
    Instead they disabled the mouse, one of the most iconic and basic input devices on a PC.

Remember what they did to joystick use with ships and ship combat? That's right, instead of fixing the unintended issues they disable joystick use.

It's called being a lazy developer.

Sounds like it, yes.
    They likely did not think about this when they disabled mouse movement and will have to patch in yet another solution somewhere in the future.

15. WinterMilla

Ever over stacked your horse past it weight? Because technically its an exploit.

16. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Despite having a PC way beyong the release time of BDO I play on potatoe mode to have a bearable gameperformance and an easier time seeing stuff on the screen. With higher graphics your FPS would dip down to a point where the game just straight up ignores commands and thus skips entire combos and makes you airjump etc., just because some of your commands got lost in those great FPS-drops/stutters.
    I still do not use mousemovement. It is clunky to use and produces so much desync (thanks to some kind of movementprediction on your cleint side, that never matches with the randomly circling MM-jumping/dashing). You drag your CD's and hotkeys all over the place while using it.
    People also favour performance over graphics in other games, in which it does not have any effect on damage dealt. If they were to fix that, I would still play potatoe-mode, as higher graphics that make you dip below 60 or at times even 30 fps just feel awful and unresponsive.
    I am really happy to see MM being removed. If someone wants to have more skill involved in the game they might should beg PA to remove SA/FG/i-frames from their class.

17. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I am finding it a bit amusing how people complain that now they cannot rotate a FG skill 360 to make it a full circle block.
    Imagine a FORWARD Guard actually not being intended to protect you fully and allow your opponent to flank you while you are using it.
    Hey I see this guy I am fighting doing a FG skill, let me flank and hit his back to get a CC - hit their back with a CC - BLOCK. Their char may or may not even be turned as far as your client is considered.

If you want 360 CC protection use SA, FG should bring the risk of flanking in exchange for CC immunity and DMG absorption.

You want your cake and to eat it as well. You want to outplay your opponent with MM, but not allow them to outplay your FG. Sure some plays will need to change, more for some classes, less for others.
    I also took advantage of some of the wonkyness that MM provided, but I would not mourn its loss.

Sure it will render some highly practiced MM combos impossible, but it will also resolve some things that the devs appear to consider as not intended (like the 360 rotation of FG skills for example).

MoonDance17 likes this.
  18. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

nope

19. Törni

How about no.

I'm sorry if you have planned this thread of yours to be a circle-jerking "good riddance" paradise, but luckily, you don't have admin rights here to stop people from expressing their different ideas and opinions on the subject.

And this statement is just as embarassing as any other posts from Luxienna.

20. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

Embarassing is to write somethig without actually saying anything. Sorry who are you?
    Basically its a topic for honest player to celebrate justice. This change from globallab will be applied here anyways. Not that we have a testserver to test anything.

#200 Wollbert, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019