1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip mouse movement

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wollbert, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Törni

Have fun celebrating justice and waiting for the upcoming class balance. Btw, if sources are right, it hasn't got implemented in KR yet.

2. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Yes, standing still in FG while a more mobile enemy dashes behind you should cause you problems.

There are multiple levels of FPS issues. If you literally get more hits and therefore more damage per attack (like in the 60 FPS Dark Souls hack) then that's a real problem. If more frames means less input lag and therefore more responsive controls, then you have to either accept that as the natural order of things or inject artificial lag by capping input frame rate. Personally I don't think it's healthy to create lag on purpose in an action game, and that's as someone who's gone nuts due to West Coast 30ms ping Warriors doing 0-frame grabs on me.

3. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

I know this is off topic, but I need to ask: Soooooooooo.... if that's true... why do you keep asking them to dumb down the gearing process or for them to equalize gear?
    [​IMG]
    I don't even want to touch that other abomination of a statement. You do realize an MMO can be a hack and slash, too, right? Have you ever played, idk, Vindictus? Yeah. MMO is just one part of a game's genre; not entirely what defines it. It only defines that many people can play it all at once and can interact with each other while playing it.
    Hold up. So you're saying that people who get a higher than 60 fps framerate in bdo are glitch abusers? Jesus Christ.

Do you want to know why there might be a sudden change of attitude from PA? Because it's not the same team that originally developed the game. Which is why we saw such a radical change last year with how pvp worked, and all the nerfs they introduced with it.

Just ignore Wollbert. He's one of those guys who aren't very good at the game, will find every excuse in the book to explain why he lost and not take fault for it, and will actively dodge you if you actually challenge him to pvp or anything to prove otherwise. He dodged Tvvin before. He's also a "balance" crusader, who thinks him getting buffed and others nerfed is justice. What a joke.

#203 Xenon, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    choovanski, Törni and Thelemna like this.
  4. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

no but paying 3k € for a fat rack to just play the game at minecraft graphics???
    [​IMG]
    rocking the game up with unnecessary fps that passes the abilitys of a human eye by several times is just for one and only one reason.

the only one going to be ignored is you. im suprised you still dare to come into this forums. some ppl really must have left some scars on your thin ninja skin.

#204 Wollbert, Oct 29, 2019
  5. venus212

can't believe ppl supporting fps abuse.. speed up street figher vs blue normies is fun.

fps abuse is same as speedhack. Hardware abuse or software abuse? You need to make a choice.:D
    oh no.. it's a mix !

6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

I think you kinda misunderstand situation, what if you play, lets say shooter game, and because you have more FPS, you bullets fly faster.

7. Ya'll just went full potato.

choovanski and Xenon like this.
  8. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Hardware abuse? Bro, you can't be serious. You're actually saying buying better pc hardware.. and taking advantage of it is an exploit? Ridiculous. Imagine being mad that people aren't running the game on hardware from 15 years ago. Honestly, it truly sounds like the complaints of the poor, jobless, and/or financially irresponsible. Stop crying.

My pc's value is probably around 800-900 dollars now. Maybe less. I can hit framerates over 100 on high settings and over 200 on low. If you need 3k to achieve that, then you suck at building computers or chose to go with those choose-your-part manufacturers who overprice everything and rip you off.

Watch the video all the way through. The idea that the eye can only see up to 60 fps or so is a myth. We can see up to 1000 fps, and probably more, because the medium displaying/recording it can keep up with it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/thread...-quot-Human-eye-cannot-see-beyond-60-FPS-quot
    Here's a whole thread talking about it being a myth. There's a kym thread on it, too.

Also, you got a lot of nerve saying I have thin skin when you regularly participate in bdo complaint threads and really only come here to complain about everything. Sh*t, you'd make your own thread about how the wind needs to be nerfed just because it blew your hair slightly into your eyes.

That's an issue that's on the devs, not the guys who spent money on better hardware. Calling it an exploit and denouncing people for having higher framerate is a joke. It's just the same as calling people who used Mouse Movement exploiters. It's all complaints of the lesser playerbase that make their home here and the reddit.

You lose, so you come up with an excuse. "It was because that guy has stupid high frame rate!" "He used mouse movement and beat me, so he should be banned!" Utterly ridiculous. It's the mentality of the perpetual loser. It's why a lot of you can't get ahead in this game, or in others.

Besides, the only people who have such low frame rate that the difference is night and day are people that shouldn't be playing bdo to begin with. Not because they don't deserve to, but because their pc can't even really handle the game on optimum settings.

Honestly, who the f*ck cares if someone hits 5-10% harder than you or faster? If it's such a big deal, go out and buy something that isn't a toaster from 2005. It's not that expensive for people who save their money to buy christmas gifts or whatever. Some of you guys already admit to dropping mad cash in mmos, or beg for a new costume to buy every week, so why not invest that in better hardware?

Lemme make it clear to you: I'm using a 100 dollar motherboard, a 4th gen i7 processor (4770k) - 170 bucks on amazon, a geforce 1060 6gb card (250 bucks at the time), 16gb of ddr3 1600 mhz ram from 7 years ago. I still can get up to 200+ fps. My rig isn't ideal, and is using some old parts from my older build from 2012. They do need to fix the fps issue, but none of you should be pointing fingers at other people and denouncing them because they can and choose to take advantage of it.

You all are perfectly capable of taking advantage of it while asking for it to get fixed, but choose not to. It's just like the mouse movement crap. Ya'll denounce it because you're too busy looking down your noses at others and don't want to put the time (or money, I guess) into doing it. Even if it's super simple and relatively cheap for most of you dinguses. Like I said - it's a dev issue, and they should fix it. But they aren't. You choosing to insult people over it isn't going to make it get fixed any faster, if at all. Get over it. Adapt. Overcome. Stop having the perpetual loser mentality.

choovanski and PeaceInChaos like this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

having higher framerate is not an exploit. however, when it gives you advantage and you push maximum fps with sole purpose of gaining that advantage eventho your game looks like **** - its in the gray area. sure, its engine's fault, yes.... but the players are the ones "abusing" the gains. anyone against the fix for this issue basically likes his advantages and doesnt wanna lose them.

are u for real here? the whole name of the game is hitting faster and stronger. people spend countless hours grinding for the privilege or dish out alot of rl cash. (or both)

10. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

how do you get the ability to take every **** and turn it into a "denounciation". nobody asked for your shitty pc value. it is about the fact that there is no reason to buy anything, if you still play it in crap graphics. i can run BDO optimode with my toaster and why would i even buy something expensive to have the same experience.
    it is the pure intension to do something nonsensical if there wasn't this glitch. so you abuse this glitch period.
    may the eye can see it still the brain cant digest it. you can train your brain to see more than 50 fps. but more than 150 fps is not reasonable.
    no you dont come here to complain and you dont come here to give feedback. you dont come here to share ideas to make the game better, you are just here to blatantly provocate people.
    and you just jump on people who are not d'accord with you or hurt your feelings in the past.
    sadly this game has too big of a history of people exploiting and getting themself far ahead of everyone else with it, that we could just overlook it everytime. and if the developers finally want to do something about it the entire bunch of arsehats stand ready to defend broken mechanics. searching excuses why and how it is "skill" and everyone has to git gud in the first place.
    im sure half of the people here regularly poiting fingers at BladeBoques while doing so. but it isn't were it starts. it start with people calling others to git gud about the good news of MM removal. there is where it starts to fire back.

#210 Wollbert, Oct 29, 2019
  11. noctred

noctred NA

o_O

Fateneko likes this.
  12. WinterMilla

A few things:
    When it comes to FPS you should (at least as far as PC is concerned) get as much FPS as you can. Not that you have too however, I didn't buy this 144hz monitor just so i can only play at 60 FPS. It should be on the developers to fix the effect more FPS has on the game, but not lock the FPS.

As far as MM is concerned, other than the boat exploit MM has been working as it should. There were some new uses brought from it, however non of which is game breaking (TBH the whole sea thing would be fixed if the driver could just fire cannons by themselves rather than having another player). That being said this can apply to a lot of mechanics we use on a day to day bases or at the very least not how they originally designed the game. Animation cancels, MM, Inf. Stacking on mounts, using mounts as back up storage, remote collecting to pass horse stable limits, parking alts at world bosses and doing only the minimal required dmg to get drops, closing the game once a character dies so you can buy a tear for min exp loss, ect. Not saying over sighting things are bad, but if we are gonna call MM an exploit then I have plenty to list that are 'exploits'.

The reason I see no need to remove it in its current fashion (or at least in combat) is its adds a higher skill ceiling to the game. All be it a small increase depending on the call, but one nonetheless. What boggles my mind is how all of a sudden all of these people come from no were claiming all of these horror stories and such about the system, yet no one has done so before. Like magically because they are announcing its remove, hundreds flock to its defense. However one thing to take away is that in typical PA/Kako fashion they have yet to even give a reason for its removal. So everyone that is complaining about it is just assuming why they are doing it, but in truth could be completely wrong.

P.S If you think this will help balance the game, you obsessively haven't been actually playing the game long enough to know thats just a fodder of a thought.

Xenon likes this.
  13. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

no you shouldn't get more than you need alone for energy savings and the healthyness of your PC in general. and especially not at the cost of quality in graphics or immersion.
    there were in fact exploits and people always find new stuff to do. its not intended and not needed in fight. it might have some positive things for people using it. but it dont rises the skillcap when at the same time lowers it. when a frontblock turns into a 360° frontblock for examble, where every tactic and forseen of a fight becomes obsolete. and it is ok using it in a calm manner. they dont become instant cheaters.
    allthough removing it will make the game better overall in my opinion.
    just look at your joining date to realize how stupid that comment was. not to mention there was another forum before this one even exist.

14. WinterMilla

1. my join date on the forums doesn't equal to my join date in game, I join the forums later as I really had no reason or rather the knowledge to discuss anything pertaining to this game.
    2. I am aware of the old forums and have read old post there from time to time.
    3. It is true that were there is a will there is a way, such is why there are still hackers and bots in the game. As for your FG turning into a 360 degree block is absurd. You are moving the block, but not changing the properties of it. There for a grab will still work on it and it only protects the front of the user. I don't think you fully understand what MM does.
    4. As far as performance goes that is left up the the end user or at least it should be. If I buy a 144hz monitor and have a GTX 1080 you bet i wanna have as many frames as I can get with no bottle necks. Funny how there are many other games out there that gives you unlimited FPS yet only here is a problem. Sounds more like a problem in BDO's design.
    5. Skills caps, how does MM in any way lower skill caps? Have you even used it before in combat? You are making baseless claims.

15. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

"a grab does still works" yes of course a grab still works. i think you dont fully understand the pvp in general.
    you can have 144 fps and nothing more will be shown at the screen. even at 200 fps you will see 144 fps anyways. so if you dont do it for *caught* just 5-10% damage and attackspeed nobody cares about, why else would you do it.
    the only time i did that was to impress my prepubertal friends on an old school LAN-party.
    didn't i explain it 2 fkin post ago.

16. WinterMilla

Wait I got that right, so how do I not understand PVP?

Because I wanna see what this PC of mines can do, also because 144 fps feels so good when you hit it and your monitor displays it. PC enthusiast just love pushing for high FPS in general. Its like you can compute in your mind that people just want a good looking and smooth experience in the game that isnt due to obtaining some advantage. I remember a bit of a quote from somewhere, "No matter how good you're gear is, its all comes down to skill in the end" or something like that. In this sense I have been betten by players that only get aroun 15 ~ 20 FPS on low settings and have also beaten people that get 100+ FPS. I usually play on 60FPS because I don't feel like having to re-full screening it every time I tab out (which is something they should fix.).
    No, you really didn't.

17. Skinmissile

Skinmissile Skinmissile Witch 58 NA

First

Attached Files:

18. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

we talking about redirection of a frontblock and you're telling me a grab still works. grab works the fk anyways. why i do need to explaint this. its so simple i dont even want to.
    we are circling around. PC enthusiasts go for benchmarks not for useless numbers while playing minesweeper 3D
    what we are talking about now. i always play in remastered at 60 fps cap. because even in siege i have stable 60 fps.
    dont tell me you want exambles

19. WinterMilla

Its like your saying "you're right, but your wrong, but really you're right, but I don't want to way you're right"

Just showing how there are plenty of people that just want higher FPS count and such just to have it. Why? Because thats how they enjoy themselves.

Giving an example on how no matter you're FPS, you can still lose. Meaning FPS isn't tied to you winning or losing. However I'm not saying we should keep the bug, but rather they should address it rather than locking everyone down to 60 fps just because you feel like it. Which if you think about it there are people that don't even reach 50 fps so in the end it wouldn't fix the main issue.
    [/QUOTE]
    Yes.

Xenon and PeaceInChaos like this.
  20. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

you're a smartguys right. i can ask you why the sky is blue and you tell me becuase the ocean isn't yellow. this will leads us to nowhere.
    are there people really have fun at this? thats exotic and rare and not for an allday usage.
    so you know about the benefits of fps in this game? locking everyone down is technically impossible anyways.
    fkin forget it, thats not what i've planned for todays evening.

#220 Wollbert, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019