1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip mouse movement

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wollbert, Oct 24, 2019.

1. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Removing MM just feels bad. Like a band-aid over a bone fracture. My condolences go out to all you Berserkers. Gonna miss watching those sick plays, even when it's 500 lbs of muscle landing on my head.

Karyzie likes this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

and, accidentally, they enjoy having max fps at lowest graphical settings and its totally unrelated to the fact that it also gives them advantage?

cmon, everyone should be screaming at PA to fix this crap issue.

3. WinterMilla

Actually the ocean is every color other than blue as the color we see is just the light reflecting off of it. Basic science really.

Hey you said it not me
    Oh so you don't have any proof. Typical.

Xenon likes this.
  4. WinterMilla

True they should fix it, but different people play on different settings for different reasons.
    Are there some that do it for the abusive advantage, sure. However lumping everyone into that group is just straight silly. I used to play on low graphics to remove the effects and so that my game would run as smooth as possible so I want miss any actions the player would use against me. But as I stated above I played in fullscreen windowed mode so I was locked to 60 FPS.

5. WhySoSeeryus

im not talking about the people that have to play in low graphics so they can move their character without playing Hiccup online.

im talking about people that want high fps so that their character turns into juiced up version of it.

(skilled dude, btw, not trying to take away anything here)

Dryed likes this.
  6. He means who cares if someone has a better peripheral set up and performs better based on that.

It is an issue the developers need to address, but they cannot account for people who have better riggs or for the poor internet infrastructure in large swathes of North America.

Having a real hard time reading past the emotion to discern an argument here and in your following posts.

Let's catch up.

Your initial stance has been this circular reasoning-- paraphrasing-- "Combat mouse movement needs to be removed because devs are going to remove it.

And you feel all people who use combat mouse movement are:

But then when shown what they are actually removing, you say "Oh, that's a neat trick. Like a game within a game."

Then you resolve and say:

At this point, just like you had no opinion about this function that has been in the game since beta, your only reason for opposition now is just to be contrarian. When you are confronted with what is actually at issue, you back pedal and say "Not so bad; not so banworthy."

Ego's aside, it is fine to change your mind. You didn't know what combat mouse movement was before. You learned a little about it, and found it to be a neat trick. Having no animus in weeks prior against players for the same combat mouse movement they were using then and now, do you not find it strange to suddenly be at odds?

Xenon likes this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

well i care. because i care about this stupid game. everyone that plays should care.

8. No one can equalize for disparity in hardware.

Pretty sure everyone, even Xenon, wants the fps/dps issue fixed. That said, everyone adjusts their settings for high processing situations like node war/siege. There are even options to save such setting adjustments in the UI. It's hard to fault someone for min-maxing in a 1v1 or small scale setting, yet not fault everyone for optimizing in a large scale setting.

9. noctred

noctred NA

What he means is that with MM, you're able to diminish the natural impact of using position or direction locked skills. For example, using forward guards frivolously because you know you'll be able to spin them 360° on a dime, or using skills which force movement in one direction frivolously because you know you'll be able to spin them 360° on a dime.

On one hand, you could say that being able to do this lowers skill caps because you no longer have to think as critically about how and when you use these sorts of skills. On the other hand, you could say that being able to do this raises skill caps because it opens up additional options, jukes, and other unexpected maneuvers.

I can see both sides.

v.klishev and Wollbert like this.
  10. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

no i just got no time for this, since you're obviously trolling for some reason.
    it is a neat trick, still makes the game not worse for me. than we have the people really exploiting. if you want to count yourself to the exploiters it is your fkin decision. dont hang me for it. what they are removing is way beyond your little circustricks.
    i stated my opinion here and now quite clearly and im sick of debating with people about cocky bullcrap. i even go far enough and try to understand your points also get blamed for it. so then just straight up ban people using it, all of them. not my problem anyways. its not going to happen. removing it also removes the origin of certain exploits and this is something good.
    i know what mouse movement does. i just dont know how exploitable it gets for every class. its not even a pretty neat trick its just blatant move to click. i just find it odd if people understand half of what i originally wrote and always turn it into something vicious.
    instead of just asking me whats so unclear to them they rather tend to bitching around stuff or fleeing into absolut gossip.
    and now again for the least to get it right.
    MM is does not make the game better or more skillful. i just shifts the requirements of skill and gives a foundation for various exploits. i like to see it removed but if the devs remove it on globallab its gonna be removed anyways.
    and yes the issue is to adress on the developers, but i can absolutly set people on a certain moral ground based on unrighteous intensions. and surely not half of the bdo population sets their settings to THIS to epeen their fps numbers.

and before you answer with an other aggressive comment, just swallow it and continue focussing on the matter. because i wont let myself set back to the short end for your ego.

#230 Wollbert, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  11. WinterMilla

To be frank no matter being able to change the direction of your skills or not, every move should have some level of critical thinking placed into them. Just because I can redirect say my charge doesn't mean that I still wont get punished for it. Also when it comes to moving your FG there are only a few situations where I can see it necessary to do so with MM. Almost everyone has a Back peddle block now which is a FG that can be moved as it only requires the player hold down S. If you use a static block you run the risk of getting grabbed out of it entirely. The bottom line is that moving a skill never will mean a instant win or some unfair advantage.

Also in terms of it being an unfair advantage, the problem with this is that everyone has access to this. No matter you class (except shai) you can block and move it on your own accord. While its unpredictable when I will suddenly change my skill direction, it still doesn't mean that you can't out play it. It would be like if I used a skill that you rarely see or a animation cancel that you don't know of yet.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  12. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

despite your problems with quoting, let me change my statement. i dont want to talk to someone at the niveau of children. im here for informations and everytime im happy to see the bellicon just to find your reply, i want to hang myself.

13. WinterMilla

I see, so you have been twiddled down to nothing more than simple insults. Classic really. You offer no proof of you claims, or more accurately you just repeat what others have said. For a person who is here for information you seem to either not understand the information given or are just trying to miss inform others. Which ever may be the case, you still are in the end still wrong and without proof.

So do me a kind favor and stop with the low iq insults and start showing me show of that proof.

14. noctred

noctred NA

Correct. That's why I said "you no longer have to think as critically", rather than "you no longer have to think critically". Similar statements with very different meanings.

Also correct. Fortunately, I never said or implied otherwise. The post I made was related to the raising or lowering of skill caps, not to any associated unfair advantages. Strawmen and all that.

Also not sure why you quoted everything in my post except for the final equalizing statements, where I plainly say that I can see both sides of the fence. I personally think MM raises skill caps but I understand why some might think otherwise, particularly when it comes to looking at skills in their natural state.

15. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

thats just the niveau you brought us in. just to remind you THIS
    was your first try to reach out to me. so everything that follows comes that way.
    i still try to talk in manners, slowly realizing that you dont or wont understand what i am even talking about. afterwards you bring out some weird stuff.
    telling this out of a simple idiomatic sentance not even trying to go into the matter anymore.
    then someone else tried to explain without success.
    then you trying to convince me that people only have high fps to wank on the bare number of it.
    and now you're demanding some proof of whatever.
    and without insulting anyone this is the third time i tell you, i dont want to talk to you. get a grip and tell me in a manner way what you want then we maybe can continue.
    and for gods sake swallow things like this.
    im probably doing pvp in one month what you do in a year.

16. WinterMilla

So outta all that I have read here, you have yet to prove a single thing.
    Also since I havent played in a few months its easy to say that anyone here who does any kinda of pvp will do more than me.
    Also also color reflection is an actual thing not something I just made up on the spot. Personally I got a 1080 so I could play the game with higher fps not for PvP but because 144+ fps feels smoother than 60 fps. While that was my personal usage of higher FPS, there are plenty others that have better rigs than I and push for higher FPS only so they can enjoy what they feel is a smoother experience. See The thing is you are trying to paint too many narratives that make no sense.

Not all high FPS count players are exploiting (for that matter even aware of the exploit)
    MM is not some magical tool that is evil, but a optional play style that may and may not benfit you.
    If you are gonna make a claim, then be ready to present proof.

17. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

yes but you missed to point by miles.
    that may true but you also trying to whitepaint a well known flithy usage of it. you cant just pack them toghether and ban everyone, like i said. You cant limit the fps by force since we are not on Xbox. its technically not possible, like i also said.
    MM is a basement for evil stuff thats also franky known and already documented in this threat.
    my class dont really need to use it. and the classes are not balanced around it. so it becomes glitchy and unpredictable if someones using it too much. especially on classes like Zerker.
    removing it will not make the game simple it just changes the standards of skill. and i personally prefer a strategical gameplay over high APM.
    i have proof of everything i claim, but you are not in the position to demand anything you can find by your own. you want a proof of what?

18. venus212

if you got time to do a research.. you will understand why overrated fps is forbidden in world pvp tournament such as EVO.
    nobody can surpass a certain limit of fps on any matches. you want to be competitive ok,it doesn't matter which setup you got but as long you can get 60 fps on any graphic setting- its good. this is how game should works. not like someone who go full optimize setting justvtoget 300 fps.. no no, you could have 60 fps on medium high very high or even ultra with your build but you choose the ugliest one for a reason.
    you who carrying 144 fps would meet ppl with 60 fps and then will ask why they don't use glitch. ppl silently left, you laughed.
    one day someone with 300 fps come to you face and ask you the same after you been rekted. You start figure something out..
    yea , let's get better build

#238 venus212, Oct 30, 2019
    Éternel likes this.
  19. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

In a game where one combo is enough to kill somebody, who cares if you have 5-10% more dps than the other guy? The only time that matters is when your gear is crap and you need that extra 10% to kill someone.

Because it's obviously not the same experience, according to you guys. It's such a big deal that having that extra framerate makes you a god, again, according to you guys. So get with the program.

I don't know about you, bub, but I can process the game at 200 fps just fine. You didn't watch the video, either.

I made a post in another thread last night where I gave feedback on the Great Ocean Expedition, so this whole paragraph of yours is just moot.

So I wonder how you feel about camera locking, since you play ranger. By your way of defining mouse movement, camera lock is an exploit, too. I bet you've taken advantage of that plenty!

You do realize two workers on one node required a very specific setup to achieve, right? Mouse Movement is clicking ctrl, then pressing your mouse in the direction you want to go. MM isn't complicated and doesn't require you to jump through hoops. Not to mention the former was only available to certain people who chose to take advantage of things like server merge or some other exploit method that I'm not aware of. The latter is available to anybody and everybody, readily.

You really are reaching, dude.
    Yep, you get it. Besides, the actual disparity in performance doesn't matter. Your gear and skill are either high enough that it won't matter, or you're not up to snuff regardless of fps-to-dps disparity. If anything, ping is a bigger disparity than fps ever will be.

Yep. I think they should change the animation speed calculation so it equalizes at all framerates, and everybody gets the same speed as what people at 144 fps or however high it went before it softcapped on speed increase.

Let's be honest here - The people who wouldn't think critically about how and when to use these sort of skills either don't care about using mouse movement or they don't want to use it and complain about it. Meanwhile the people that do think critically are using it.

When it comes down to it, you never have time to show your proof or commit to a challenge. Despite that, yet here you are arguing anyway. I wonder why.

Yet you want to hang them and ban them because they use it. Hmm.

See? There it is. You've got no patience for people or their arguments, hence they should just be banned.

SO WHY ARE YOU EVEN ARGUING THAT IT'S AN EXPLOIT WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW IF IT'S AN EXPLOIT ON ONE CLASS OR ANOTHER, IF AT ALL!?? HOLY SH*T!

Global lab changes don't mean anything. They uncapped Shai's pvp damage on global damage, yet it's capped here.

A moral ground you have no right to take because you're honestly no better than the people you seek to damn.

PC MASTER RACE BAYBEE! [​IMG]

I can't hear you over HOW FAST I'M GOING AT 200 FPS! What's that about ego?

#239 Xenon, Oct 30, 2019
  20. WhySoSeeryus

when u actually reach a point to get up occasionally, you dont want the other guy to get efficiency "for free". because then you aint standing up.

then u wont mind them fixing it, great!

#240 WhySoSeeryus, Oct 30, 2019