1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip mouse movement

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wollbert, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

This is McHands.
    McHands is a skilled warrior.
    McHands doesn't need to abuse mouse movements, like the rest of crying babies in here
    Be like McHands.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

noone is questioning his skill.

but he wouldnt even play the game if he couldnt have at least 140 fps. ;)

LinaCrysta likes this.
  3. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I'm totally on your side, just wanted to point out that he doesn't abuse mouse movement and I respect that, thats all.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  4. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

>despite your problems with quoting, let me change my statement. i dont want to talk to someone at the niveau of children. im here for informations and everytime im happy to see the bellicon just to find your reply, i want to hang myself.
    >thats just the niveau you brought us in. just to remind you THIS
    >im probably doing pvp in one month what you do in a year.

^Just a few examples of your attempts to "talk in manners."

What do you mean it's not possible? How you do think animation timing is calculated and why fps speeds it up? It's a formula. It's very much possible for them to change it. They just don't want to put time into actually reworking that code.

You don't have any proof, otherwise you would have already posted it. Instead, you've just gone off the deep end and gotten aggressive. You insult people and use an excuse that you don't have time for it. Don't think that nobody here can see through you. We very much can.

Eh, people shouldn't be able to get up from your combo anyway, though. Well, maybe aside from something like resist or evasion/dp build, but those are their own cans of worms. And in those cases, fps won't be the deciding factor. Again, gear and skill are more important, and matter way more in the long run.

Of course I don't mind them fixing it. I've long acknowledged it as an issue. I want them to fix it. My point is, there's no point in getting angry about it and pointing fingers at people. It doesn't matter enough for you to, and if it does matter that much to somebody, you're perfectly capable of taking advantage of it until it gets fixed. Feedback was one thing, but this whole incident has evolved into shaming people for using it; same for mouse movement. That's the problem.

I thought McHands used Mouse Movement? I'm pretty sure he does for shield charge, unless I'm mistaken. But again, McHands is considered a dirty exploiter just like the people who use mouse movement, even if he doesn't. Why? He abuses high fps! GASP! Also, gee, thanks. I think mouse movement is cool, is a skill factor, and I don't even use it. Guess I'm just a crying baby. Stay mad, kid.

5. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Thank you for my morning lol'd, I feel better now and no need for coffee

*gets back to work*

6. Xenon

Hey, it's not me who you should be thanking. Thank Wollbert and his friends. They came up with the joke.

Dryed likes this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

im not trashing mchands. but those things simply ARENT possible without high fps. its a fact. i mean he said it himself.

8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I wouldn't agree that high fps is considered exploiting. This game alone should not be played on a potato rig, like why would you? When most of the joy is in how graphical it is.. If you can't achieve at minimum consistent 60+ FPS, you should really get a better potato..

BTW does McHands still play? I haven't seen him around lately.

9. WhySoSeeryus

i think he quit, at least according to his last video.

i didnt call it exploiting. but its advantage nontheless. thats really hard to balance around.

Dryed likes this.
  10. Schinrah

Thing is, even in PvE grinding you just gimp yourself if you play the game with high/remastered. It's a damn shame but I literally lose money if I don't have a certain framerate.

And in PvP it just gets worse, if you drop below a certain FPS rate you can't even perform some combo's etc. People vastly underestimate just how important FPS are for PvP aswell as PvE. It shouldn't be like that, I don't mind playing with 60FPS in remastered, but the difference in gameplay fluidity, dmg, ability speed etc. is so vast that it feels like driving with your handbreak pulled.

So even if you have a really good PC, unless that machine is so on steroids that it runs the highest GFX settings with >144FPS min, don't bother. Right now High/Remastered are just Screenshot modes you can/should only use for that purpose. If you go grinding or PvP, go potato mode the more FPS the better.

Life2v and Éternel like this.
  11. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

its hard to argue against BS if the BS argues against itself already
    tell me what kind of monitor you're using. im wondering.
    wrong, but i dont have patience for people without arguments. if the argument is about something related to my knowledge in soemthing or experience
    i already said i dont use things that are even close to exploiting.
    why then you dont just keep writing there.
    mhm and what about 200+ fps?
    still dont know what proof you want to get. do you want to see my driving license or my birth certificate maybe?
    ???
    are you sure you're quoting the right stuff? i think you should stop jumping into someone else dialog without a clue whats even going on.

im happy to answer your questions but i want to stop piling up unrelated stuff to this topic. and in todays patchnotes were something about the wizard c-swap thingy. so it seems they're going to fix certain issues with the game. maybe we can assume easy stuff like mouse movement could be fixed in one go. removing the fps related glitches via code will take them a while tho.

#251 Wollbert, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I play on high (I hate remastered glows) in 4k at 100+ FPS :)

13. Xenon

Yeah, and it's easy to call something bs when you're not smart enough to understand it.

https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-Edge-Less-FreeSync-DisplayPort-C248B-144RN/dp/B07MTMCNLX/ref
    I'll have to correct myself and say that I can process the game just fine at 144hz, and I'm willing to bet I'd be fine even up to 240 or more.

Oh, really? I'm wrong?
    Why should I? I gave my feedback and my involvement in that thread is pretty much done. Oh, right. It's because you don't have the patience to argue, despite arguing anyway. You just want me to go away because I make you look like a fool. Well, not like you need my help with that.

I have my framerate unlocked in my global nvidia profile, so I literally go fullscreen and get higher than 60 fps in all games. So.... I go fullscreen in bdo. It's two steps. Such exploit. Much cheat. Wowe!

W-What? I have absolutely no interest in who you are or what you do beyond your clowning around here. You said you have proof to back up your arguments, yet you've presented absolutely none because you have none.

Yeah, you want to hang people out to dry because they use mouse movement or have higher than 60 fps ingame. You want them banned. You've said it multiple times in this thread alone, dude.

Maybe I should go back to using red text in quotes since you clearly can't line up my responses to your own. At least you could read that, I guess, despite calling it terrible formatting.

choovanski likes this.
  14. This entire thread is a poster case for why Developer and Publisher communication is important.

Combat mouse movement was removed from global lab, and as a corollary, we in this thread, myself included, extrapolated the test server removal to mean eventual live server removal-- for better, worse, or whatever the reason.

Contrary to how most like to say that Kakao doesn't pay attention to our concerns on the forums, when it comes to things that can harm the game, they act very quickly on it. Even in my own experience in having to explain the Ansel immunity glitch, they did eventually address it within a couple weeks of that post, despite months of ticket submissions and multiple Reddit threads on the glitch. Once it was addressed on the forums, it was addressed in game.

We have also seen this when Shakybay posted a how-to on musket sea monster hunting. It had been smh meta for over half a year at that point, and as soon as he posted the how-to on forums, the public outcry and series of smh adjustments began.

Let's take a different approach because this form of forum pvp has already fully fleshed out all valuable opinions, and it would be better for the sake of the game if we could offer something constructive to take away instead of ultimately arguing over arbitrary intent.

Could we link or explain the process of replication for the specific problems combat mouse movement causes?

I am not asking for "proof." I am asking for people to make clear in concise points what needs to be fixed so it can be fixed. I have done my part in demonstrating combat mouse movements on tamer. I am not asking everyone to make a video, but please describe concretely what needs to be fixed.

And if it is something you do not feel comfortable disclosing on forums, please take the time to make a ticket. I have also submitted a ticket (ID: 1053619) to ask for clarification and will communicate results as relevant to this topic.

choovanski and v.klishev like this.
  15. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

there is nothing smart about. its just a complete junk argument. 5-10% damage and higher speed to execute skill are important to everyone. or why would people even build gear otherwise?
    no you are fine with 144 fps and thats it. more fps wont benefit you in either way, except that you gltch the game ofc.
    yes your feedback is fine, but get your personal problems with me and drag them elsewhere
    we have 5 sites about this specific argument, and you still dont got it. how about you start to read if you want to give feedback or argue with people.
    you're wasting way to much effort to debate with me about your personal problems and im really sorry for every threat you show up to. i dont need to proof you anything. if you dont have a specific request in any proofs. i dont care.
    i never said i want to hang someone, you really have comprehension issues or you need a therapist. its really annoying.
    if your statement would make any sense, that would be ok. but you need to quote properly if you want to accuse people for vicious stuff.

16. Update on my ticket. Forgive the spelling error.

[​IMG]

GM Response:

[​IMG]

"The stance on things of this nature is open to change," so if you want something to change, if you really feel something is being exploited, make it clear here or submit a ticket.

Let's leave the ego fights behind and actually advocate for the change you want to see.

Fateneko, MoonDance17 and Xenon like this.
  17. Xenon

18. Just so we stay on point and don't continue to devolve the conversation, Kakao says their stance on combat mouse movement is open to change, so if you see something that needs to change, explain clearly what it is.

"They are removing it, so it needs to go," is not what they are looking for. They are open to discussion, so showing them your point is where we're at now.

Xenon likes this.
  19. Xenon

Mouse movement needs to stay because it expands the possibilities of combat and allows for a higher skill ceiling. There, on topic.

20. Hi, mates.

The "unintended" argument is out of the picture. We have all mistakenly deducted that removal of a feature from the test server means removal from live. It's a test server, and there are features on Global Labs that we will never get.

Kakao is open to discussion, so let's keep the conversation to concise, actionable examples of problems that need to be addressed.

As I haven't played in 3 months, there may be complications with this old mechanic that interact poorly with new mechanics. I personally would like to be educated on these new problems.

So far, the substantive arguments have pointed to a horse climbing glitch. I have never encountered this in game. Does anyone have a gif or video of it? Or can you describe the situations in which it occurs?

I would really hate for this to turn to complete radio silence of substantive contribution when ears are open to us.