1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip mouse movement

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wollbert, Oct 24, 2019.

1. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

This is key moment, not exactly for this skill, but for all skills in general, skill "before you press spacebar" should finish, or if you "cancel its animation" skill should not do damage as its not finished.

2. WinterMilla

Yea Down with the the exploiters. Can't wait for the infinite horse stackers to get banned or for the FPS abusers to be banned. Truly you inspire us all.

No no no. First the game is sold on its combat and graphics ( and sometimes its over whelming amount of things to do ). The whole thing about click to move being over powered is silly in of its self, like have you ever tired to you that? Its takes a decent amount of practice to hit CTRL in the middle of a fight and not get creamed. I used to use it on my tamer's cloud ride to fake out where i was going or hit someone behind a shield, takes some skill let me tell you.

Then you mention animation cancels and this elusive hidden combos, which im lost on. Sticking with the Tamer I mentioned, everything she does is a animation cancel, you would be gutting a classes not only in movement but dmg. Also almost every combo you do in BDO is a hidden combo as they dont teach you any combos outside of what..... 5ish. This whole things just seems too low iq for me.

Also you play witch and complain about one shotting, just what is this.

Also also you cant just start locking locking FPS ( Don't know why in the holy frick you mentioned resolution) as that will start to rapidly get on peoples nerves who but hardware so they can run the game at max settings and still get that 144hz feel of the game. What they should do is actually fix the game so dmg isn't tied to FPS.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i dont think that the fact that it took some skill to pull off (it does) was ever the topic of discussion here.

4. Korvgubben

So you use different colors and text instead of trying to actually type properly? Would you want me to explain why that isnt a great idea with my newly made up formating rules of consonants being bolded and vowels being twice the letter-size?

5. WinterMilla

Only mentioned it because a few (very few) mentioned this will make people learn how to play their character or what other such things were spewed.

6. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

and how much skill it needs to do that without mm? how much skill it needs to decipher the gamecode and write a hack? probably more than the common user can apply. but an exploit is an exploit. people dont use it because they are honest player, not because they are dont know how to use it.

#46 Wollbert, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    VardaSkaya likes this.
  7. WinterMilla

Depending on what I feel like doing and what the character is more or less. Then again how much skill does it take for me to hit 'E' to grab you out of it? Worst case if I don't feel like grabbing I can still use cloud ride to close the distance and void lighting (animation cancels all around).

Removing it doesn't make it harder to do what I do, all you are doing is making what I do more linear.

8. Törni

^

9. DuckRs

This.
    Also I hope this is a joke.

10. noctred

noctred NA

It should probably also be noted that mouse movement is a component of speedhacks and has historically been the direct cause of a variety of exploits.

I'm not sure if that's part of why PA wants it gone, but yeah - I'd take the hit for the greater good, if that's the case.

Jannanomana and LinaCrysta like this.
  11. Schinrah

Not surprised they finally take it out. Exploiting (read abusing, not "cheating") the living hell out of Doom with it might have been the last straw. However, even before Dooms this was kind of a shitty mechanic. For one thing some classes didn't gain any benefit form it et all, while others such as Zerker gained massive ones. Not to mention the various real exploits that have been based on or around it...

The thing with mousemovent that irked me the most tho is how it looks from the other end. If a Zerker/Witchard etc. used it, it often desyncs and shows completely wrong directions on your target. Like guy has his back to you on your screen, you attack "Block" pops up "wtf?!?" you get CC'd, witchard looks one way, TP's in a completely different direction and so on.

Hope they do look at the affected classes and give em some balancing love to make up for any issues that arise due to this tho.

Fateneko likes this.
  12. Bwiii

-Will removing mouse movement stop speed hackers or will they just work around it?

-Agree it probably wasn't intended for combat but i think it makes combat much more fun just like the various hidden cancels that were never in any skill descriptions.

-The mechanic gives a skill ceiling reward for devoting the effort to mastering it which is important for a game which prides itself on complex action combat. Also gives more room for the skill factor to balance out gear differences

-Just because a class/person does not use/have not explored a mechanic dosen't mean nobody should use the mechanic

I hope they will keep mousemovement and would appreciate legitamate help/ideas on how to make it happen - will make a thread for mouse movement supporters

PeaceInChaos and Xeraths like this.
  13. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

are you still a maywah or you back being a bootleg archer :D

14. Prochilles

The other op use for mouse movement was for pvp. Say if you attacked someone head on with an ult. and they skillfully evaded the attack and flanked you, you (the attacker) could click the ground towards your opponent and do a 180 allowing your ult. to hit.

This is an issue from 3 years ago they are seemingly just now aware of.

15. Prochilles

That's one way to get the last word.

Foggen likes this.
  16. WhySoSeeryus

or dem lil tricks to sometimes get backattacks, move in otherwise unallowed ways, confuse enemies with totally desync-y movement, turn your animation locked frontal guards or simply turn to not give your back.... all dem "intended" goodies.

AtomicPotato likes this.
  17. BloodLeshen

Hmm mouse movement is when you are out of combat then press rmb to run? or something else?

NVM i dont think I use this

18. nolasigns

They could probably achieve the same goal (mouse movement) by camera view. Just suck it up, get used to the motion.

19. WhySoSeeryus

its what allows to use skills like this instead of "normally"

(does require skill, noone is gonna dispute that)

Naho, Thelemna, Foggen and 3 others like this.
  20. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Wow, holy ****. I hadn't paid attention to the details of high level zerker combat, so I didn't realize just how abusive it really was. Like I knew I had the option to mouse move to re-target Foul Play, but it never seemed worth the dexterity requirement. This right here is some straight up ********.

Xeraths likes this.