1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip mouse movement

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wollbert, Oct 24, 2019.

1. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

:|

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  2. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

nah he is right 90% of the players are just trash

choovanski, WinterMilla and Findubar like this.
  3. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 62 EU

Lmao. SMH with mouse movement was for plebians.

When will you ever stop being misinformed Luxienna? Jesus Christ man, you're playing this game for over 3 years. You were not even aware that mouse movement is an option for you on Witch, yet you have the audacity to claim that it's an unskillful mechanic.

choovanski and Thelemna like this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Hellisk is not perm protected, or even up to 30% protected during combat, its as situational as situational gets, and even then its broke most of the time. Nice try calling him a trash player.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, if we r gonna be honest some player skills were so broken with mouse-movement they had to deal with them 1 by 1. its not only horses that were abused to hell and back. that alone might indicate that it wasnt intended mechanic.

6. Vanadiel

So instead of fixing the mouse integration so it works as designed, they disable it so you cannot use it to access the unintended effects from it.
    If I am not mistaken they did something with the joystick integration a while ago.

Now if they disable keyboard next we will not have to worry about any type of exploit anymore.
    Makes sense...

WinterMilla, MoonDance17 and Thelemna like this.
  7. AtomicPotato

They are not disable point to move, they are disabling point to move exploit while using skills.

8. Vanadiel

So you can't move while using skills?

9. AtomicPotato

You are not supposed to move while using skills.

10. Vanadiel

Because of the unintended effects, not because you should stand still and not move.
    That is why I said that instead of fixing the unintended effects, they disabled it all together.

This game prides itself on amazing combat animations and effects, but you will not move when using skills...

WinterMilla and Thelemna like this.
  11. AtomicPotato

What do you mean "not because you should stand", if you use stationary skills you should stand still and cast skill, not moving around. If someone think that moving during casting skill via point to move is intended mechanics they are dumb, or they perfectly understand that this is exploit and pretend do to dumb.

12. Alcathoe Noctis

Does that mean while I use fg skill and the enemy dashes around me, I can't do anything better than watch me dying? So every char, who may move faster without much stationary skills with fg, wins?

choovanski and Thelemna like this.
  13. Kiiro

Maybe i should buy a name change coupon so i can rename my Wizard to "PermaBackattacked". On a serious note,you cant ignore that we have developed a societal standard to duel for spot that has its own set of repercussions if you ignore it.

This change hurts a decent number of classes in pvp. Some of which are extremely good with mm and others use mm just to stay at a competitive level. Classes like musa, ninja, sorc etc dont need mm and in most cases they dont even use them. In a game where you're basically shunned if you say "i dont wanna leave my spot" its pretty shitty to inadvertently heavily nerf classes that have no trouble getting clapped even with mm.

My vote is keep it. Not that it matters this isnt a poll, however this argument is meaningless until succession/tradition roles out because for all we know Musa can fly and Ninja is comatose. This change is too soon.

14. Tvvin

I'm ok with mouse movement being removed provided characters like Berserker, Musa, Witch, Wizard,Ranger and Archer off the top of my head has skill coded properties change to compensate. Otherwise this is mostly a messed up change for Berserker. I'm against killing classes. Especially clutch viability characters.

choovanski and PeaceInChaos like this.
  15. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

berserker will get and slight movement adjust with a or d on their charge. witch wizard still able to use it on teleport like you see in the vids. that more than enough. the rest of the classes. idk why they would even need mouse movement.

16. Tvvin

Musa = landing slow Foul Play

Ranger = Nature Tremble FG, Wailing Wind CC/Stealth searching and a little Breezy Blade.

Casters = consistent double TP control for juking, chain lightning stealth searching

Archer = Full Bloom stealth searching

17. levinano

Mae uses MM on RM to turn FG to avoid getting backstabbed out of RM, I use it mostly on Drill December to perfect a distance where I can grind away a Warrior/Valk's shield while being just slightly out of their grab distance and also just in general to nail a target to get a +20DP debuff and 5% evasion buff on at all times while being the main way to recover stamina. Drill's startup is slow and if it goes in a relatively linear path is a signal for grab classes to grab us anytime we try to recover stamina...

Every class benefits from MM, even if slightly, and most get a very nice reward for skill applying it correctly. Some are admitted broken and some classes rely a lot on it but removing it altogether is just lazy.

#177 levinano, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  18. Tvvin

Mmm I wouldn't doubt that every class benefits from MM somehow. I don't really use it as Ninja though. The others, I don't play every class to a seriously degree to know detail lol I have tried Berseker.Hes pretty tough to play.

But yea. If MM is disabled without proper compensation . Would be really dumb imo.

19. levinano

Ninja MM is an example that although does require a lot of skill, is kinda broken and glitchy and at this point I'd think should be removed if it's on the argument of game integrity XD

example at 0:37

Tvvin likes this.
  20. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

it does not matter how much skill it takes if its not intented. dont use a steady frontblock if you expect to get backstabbed. thats real skill and awareness of a fight. not to cover up your wrong decisions by exploits.