1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP ranger 2020.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Spartakatz, Jan 22, 2020.

1. LiquidEmotion

He is pretty biased against succession and has been on this forum for a while. What I don't get is that if he has such a hard-on for awakening only then why doesn't he advocate buffing awakening to successions level instead of wanting to bring it below the already poor state of awakening? Easay9's opinions are not what we need to have here in the ranger community.

Eryola and Éternel like this.
  2. Éternel

Ya, I am sticking with succession. I like it primarily because it is easy on my hands in PvE, and I can finally be somewhat useful when using a bow as ranger in PvP. I enjoyed awakening for a while, but it simply takes way too much effort to pull similar numbers to other classes in PvE, the PvP (1v1) was fun though. Not to mention, I'm not paying for all of the "convenience items" again on another class; I would probably play other classes more if most of this stuff was account wide.

#82 Éternel, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    LiquidEmotion likes this.
  3. easay9

Im not even biased im stating facts people rolled to succ ranger from other classes and normal ranger because of arrow rain spam easy mode and a 1 shot sniper shot from range, you still get more damage on succ vs awakening at range outside of the pve nerf all these nerfs were going to happen and were unavoidable. Ranger succ is still fine as long as they buff back up the grind somewhere because thats where the nerf hit hard , the pvp nerfs were minimal at best

4. Éternel

Wow, imagine doing more damage "at range" with a bow than with a sword and dagger, you are a genius!!!

5. Stocksyn95

Succ warrior top 1 pve -> gets nerfed 10 - 15% and awakening gets buffed.
    Succ ranger not even top 5 -> gets nerfed 50% and loses protections, awakening remains ****.

Yep, i don't see nothing wrong there.

6. LiquidEmotion

She is fine as long as she gets buffed? Except we have no clue if or when that will happen. PA doesn't communicate with us at all. All we can go based on is that her succ is getting hard nerfed and awakening is going to become the better option for the majority which sucks because we all know that ranger awakening is low tier in everything else aside from 1v1's. I know you've played ranger long enough to understand that whenever ranger is nerfed there is never a positive follow up until many months later down the road if we are lucky. And the succession nerf wasn't a surprise. The severity of the nerf was overkill though. For PvE and PvP. Other classes are just as OP with more protection yet they barely get nerfed. I don't understand how you are okay with this. Do you like being cucked by PA?

I feel like a broken record talking to you. Again, Yes, Succession will still potentially do more damage after the nerf at range than awakening. That's not the concern. Even succ PvE will still be a bit better BUT it's not enough to justify losing so much protection anymore. Succ rangers will be eaten alive unless you are geared af which in that case you might as well just go awakening or reroll entirely to get the most out of your gear.

#86 LiquidEmotion, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Rilok and jsvalladares like this.
  7. jsvalladares

I think you haven't fully tested ranger succession. The problem with this nerf, as I see it, is not that they are taking away some damage, but that they're taking away too much damage. The only reliable thing that ranger succession has is damage, and not too many options to deal that damage. These nerfs make two of the main damage dealers (one in PvE, PUBG, and one in PvP , Charging Wind) pretty much not worth using anymore. The other one (Descending Current) is probably OK with a 20% percent damage reduction, but it still is too much in my opinion. So, if you can't use reliably any of those, what is left? Tearing Arrow or Shotgun with their awful damage split? Are we force to use just Kiss of the Wind in PvP and Will of the Wind or Razor Wind in PvE? What makes ranger succession play different from awakening, then? I think, without the little protection we have in awakening (and we know that in succession we almost have no protection) and without a reliable way to deal a lot of damage, succession ranger becomes a cripple version of ranger. Then there is no choice, we will be forced to play awakening. (Agree, they should buff awakening if they want to make it a matter of choice, but I don't think nerfing succession that much achieves that)... And don't get me started on comparing ranger with other classes.

Anyway, there is a thread in Suggestion where I explain in detail why I think these changes are a class killer.

https://community.blackdesertonline.../succession-ranger.518715/page-2#post-2440735

alastersan, Minenia, Rilok and 2 others like this.
  8. easay9

The thing is that charging wind has never been able to 1 shot in the past why should it now? The main ranger combo CC> knockdown>penetrating wind > shotgun still exists and should be your main combo for damage in PVP ( it hits harder with succession this is what makes it so good. and justifies the trade off to take succ.)

When I tried Succession even just Q spam and shotgun alone did tons of damage to make it viable.

again the only major nerf was the Pubg PVE damage

Charging wind should never have been 1 shot burst to begin with not they way it was set up. If they would remove being able to move around with it and made the charge 2-3 times instead of 1 then maybe could be ok. But as it was it was cheap to use and easy to kill with. also keep in mind that Tearing arrow still hits very hard in Succ as well especially on a single target. the difference is tearing arrows damage splits off when hitting a group of people . This skill is simply better to begin with because it debuffs.

Bottom line Pubg PVE nerf = Bad
    charging wind nerf = justified

Minenia and Mana_Mafia like this.
  9. jsvalladares

This is just my point and where I disagree with you entirely. No, I don't think just more damage in one combo justifies the trade off. Trading off the whole awakening kit (the kit that makes us viable in 1v1) for more damage in just one combo?? I don't think so...

And no, more damage Q spamming and Shotgunning is simply not enough. Unless your oponent is really undergeared you wont do much with that. Besides, you have to be in very close range to make it effective and almost any class will close the gap much faster than you will be able to kill it with just Blasting Gust and Shotgun.

Charging Wind needed some tweaks, I agree. And maybe a little nerf. Actually, just adding that cd for the super armor would suffice to avoid spamming it. But what they're doing is nerfing it to the point of not worth using it. It's just too much. We need it for ranger succession as it is right now. And we need it as a nuke skill. Otherwise is not worth it.

I said it and I say it again. Ranger succession pre-nerf is far away from being OP (many people in my guild that doesn't main ranger think the same, it's just not "a ranger main thing"). The trade off is pretty hard as it is. These changes just make it just not viable anymore, sadly.

(Man, try ranger succession for a while and try to do some PvP with it. You'll probably agree with me after that)

Minenia likes this.
  10. easay9

I tried it for about a month and still do not agree , it was easy mode high damage with a 1 shot skill and nuke rain. The only thing i agree with is that the pve was nerfed to hard.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  11. jsvalladares

Ok. I don't think I can convince you at this point. But I can't see how it is worth it to trade the whole awakening kit for just more damage in one combo. I think that is what is left with this nerf. (And maybe descending current is still viable, but that is).

12. Sturmflut666

13. Fake_Alice

did one hour at aakman as my 290ap succ ranger alt. for me its ~25% trash/hr losing after nerf.

14. Shinee

I have 285 AP, I test Ronaros to compare. It going slower to kill them, before the descending current one shot them almost every time, but not now. Now it happened they have some live left, not always, but it happened around 25% of the time. So around 20-25 losing in time/loot is even my experience.

15. Minenia

Maybe someone from Balancing Team reads this: These Nerfs are way too much - Please give us some Awakening Buffs like the Worrior got!

I would like to play my Ranger with her awakening and get the same amount of loot like a DK or a Sorc gets.

16. Lenerlink

(Plays tamer...the only class to get massive nerf before even leaving test servers)

GL with that.

17. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Don't worry after Sorc/Ninja's nerf, all FOTM rollers gonna jump tamer, one of the strongest class in BDO. Actually i'm sure tamer is much more stronger than current sorc.

18. Lenerlink

...(Sips) Nope...stronger with CC options over DK I'm sure but I promise you it's not comparable to those 2.

19. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

More mobility than musa, more CC than witch, grab, 100% BSR that basically delete anyone in 360 cone, server side pet that protect ( yes he does as he target lock any rangers) from range attack, and stun anyone if suddenly tamer got CCed. Ninja or Sorc fck up - they are dead, Tamer fckd up - no problem dog just CC/body block.
    Start counting all those FOTM sorcs/ninja's, they are coming

20. Psycholol

Psycholol Von_Wintermond Ranger 62 EU

Ranger was one of the weakest classes ever, now we are much weaker than EVERY other class. Why the hell did they nerf us? We deserve buffs not nerfs!

alastersan, Kittyberry and Shinee like this.