1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP ranger 2020.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Spartakatz, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Fake_Alice

actually tamer requires some skill to play unlike faceroll succ ninja/sorc. FOTMers rather gonna back to archer/musa.

2. LiquidEmotion

this is accurate

3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Hold on, Sorcs saying the same, "require skill".

4. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Yup nothing wrong here. All I hear is Pearl Abyss telling those that like the Ranger playstyle to play other MMOs that support it. Nothing more and nothing less, it is what it is.

Pearl Abyss just absolutely hate those that like the Ranger playstyle. So since it's their game. Your only choices is to Reroll class and spend more money, or change to another MMO, or to shut up and deal with the situation.

5. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

I made a quick vid summarizing my thoughts on ranger succ post nerf a few days ago; but I figured I’ll highlight bullet points of my thoughts. Always down to talk in depth on topic.

- PVE: Succ better

-1v1’s: Awakening better

-Large scale PVP: Succ better

-Small scale PVP: situational/gear dependent

6. easay9

so unless you like 1v1 which is litterally just first CC that doesnt get Dsync go Succ. ( we dont have enough Iframes to matter in 1v1 anymore so no point there)

Hopefully they will buff PVE of awakening to be more on par maybe make the damage swords do higher but I won't hold my breath.

7. Éternel

They'll rebalance awakening for half the classes, and then get side tracked by something else, just like they always do when it comes to balance.

8. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Pretty much. Defending grind spots is naturally better in awakening. Thing is how long does a 1v1 stay a 1v1 in open world pvp ? In a matter of 5-10min, you can be looking at a 5v5 if not more which is where succession starts to become more efficient. I think silver wise awakening and succession are pretty close but a lot less effort is needed in succession which means you can grind for longer periods of time.

9. GuiltGuy

The nerf to succession ranger is far from enough. They should also remove accuracy bonus from all skills of succession rangers as this class only needs minus 3 iq to operate.

10. MarsKiller

MarsKiller Ranger 62 EU

Not sure, but i think you need to levelup your fishing level a bit more. Because the bait is pretty low quality. Might also be the reason why you can't defeat the Ranger. Those fishing levels are just way to important in BDO.

11. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

I’ll bite. What class are you ?

12. Blitzball

Ranger succ is still busted on Doom, btw :D

13. Sturmflut666

Now im legit interested, what happend to lead you to this opinion?

14. Columba

Oh dear. Someone died to a ranger. Lool

Rilok likes this.
  15. Blitzball

Rangers spamming rapidfire arrow. All of them riding Doom. You simply can't do anything , whatever the class. Except if you're Ninja/Kuno , you can escape with stealth :D

16. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

So you say you have problems against an attack that does 707% x 4 over 13 slow hits, no CC effect, has damage reduced in cooldown and damage reduced in pvp? And that from a moving source that can't even repeat its attacks against a stationary target because it will be dismounted/killed if it stops? Have you tried playing Hello Kitty Online? That PvP might be more to your taste...

17. MeltryIlis

Wait, were you the musa I killed while I was riding back from garmoth on my horse? LOL

Columba and Rilok like this.
  18. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

So any word as to when another balance pass is going to happen? Is it another 18 months of stagnation? This class feels like utter dogshit right now.

Any class can just button mash in your face and there's literally zero counter play on succession.

TucoRamires and alastersan like this.
  19. DKHunt

Well we know Lahn, Mystic, and Guardian successions are getting buffed next...
    I love how Warrior gets awakening buff the same time as succ nerf and not yet released succession for minty fresh Guardian is getting buffed, but Ranger gets buried with nothing to show for and no salvation in sight.
    That PEN roulette is looking like a logical choice right about now tbh...

Fearless V likes this.
  20. RngNotWithMe

good job kakao u controlling these dump players as a boss. they will reroll now and will buy costumes and other thinks again!!! good they are too stupid to understand business idea of mmorpg.
    And all dumpy players pls stop complaining about thinks is knew long years ago.