1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise Above the Disorder EU AoA Charity Tournament

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Avalace, Jan 23, 2020.

1. CM Avalace

Community Manager

RAD_AOA_Charity_2020_forum.jpg

Greetings Adventurers!

Rise Above the Disorder, a mental health non-profit, is hosting a charity 3v3 Arena of Arsha event this Saturday, January 25 at 11am to 3pm UTC/12pm to 4pm CET with a $3,000 Kakao Cash Prize Pool (300,000 Pearls). RAD and Kakao Games were part of a similar charity tournament for the NA region on Nov 23. This time it's EU's turn! Layvan and Penguin will be casting the matches on our official Black Desert Online Twitch channel.

Kakao Games will match every $2 donated with $1, with a cap of $3000.

UPDATE: We raised $800!! Thank you! :) Winners are listed below.

Prizes and Winners
    Congratulations to all our winners and thank you all for participating!
    • All Winners: Rise Above the Disorder Title in Yellow

• All Participants: YouAreRad Title

• First Place Winners: MikaliseTrial (Sannie) / Kainike (Rhapsodos) / NotHakumi (Nekokami)
      • 90,000 Kakao Cash
    • Second Place Winners: Effeckspee (FTP) - Weebname3242 (Vanetrox) - Softcapm8 (Batenx)
      • 66,000 Kakao Cash
    • Third Place Winners: Cata_INC/ TP_IN - Infernallen / Infernalen - ScuffedSuccesion / OskarK
      • 45,000 Kakao Cash
    • Fourth Place Winners: ggnostriker/Crackz BorthyCookie/Borthand Shinraero/Venctinx
      • 36,000 Kakao Cash
    • Fifth Place Winners: TimsTrashTamer (Weissinet) / Heedungiveoutfit (Vaakalintu) / Zilenced2 (Zilenced)
      • 21,000 Kakao Cash
    • Sixth Place Winners: FairPlays (Kaysuh) / ImNotANinjaTrial (Azkim) / INEEDABUFFPLS (TenebrisAeterna)
      • 18,000 Kakao Cash
    • Seventh Place Winners: Clerilv2(AnySmokes)/ Megusticv2(Immolated)/ Hnime(TheyQ)
      • 15,000 Kakao Cash
    • Eighth Place Winners: LIDLDarkKnight(Chigurisui) | ShirimeV2(Kurouri) | KissitoEvolution(Kissito)
      • 9,000 Kakao Cash

Come support their live broadcast for a good cause to help others in need of free mental health care.

Tune into the stream here: http://bit.ly/bdotwitch

Donate here: http://bit.ly/raddonate200125

Sign up here to join the tournament before Jan 24 at 11:59pm CET: http://bit.ly/signup200125
    If you've signed up, be sure to join the Discord for Tournament match updates: http://bit.ly/RADEUDiscord

* This tournament is not an official Kakao Games tournament and as such Kakao Games is not responsible for the organization and arbitration of the event.

About Rise Above the Disorder

Rise Above the Disorder (RAD) is a 501c3 mental health non-profit organization that provides entirely free mental health care internationally. Empowering those fighting for health and happiness by directly covering the costs. RAD has helped over 28,000 people receive mental health care and saved families over $702 million.
    [​IMG]

About Mental Health

Awareness isn't enough. Access is critical. About 450 million people actively struggle with a mental health issue. The cost of mental health care per person per year is $28,000. About 78% of those suffering mental health issues can't access the health care they need and deserve. The global cost of mental illness is $2.5 trillion making it the #1 health expense.

#1 CM Avalace, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Solitaire, qweqqi, T800 and 5 others like this.
  2. Amirite

I might not join the matches myself, but I think idea's like this going to a good cause is always something we should support.
    That's what good community do, something for the people that needs our help.

Tokigare, Solitaire and CM Avalace like this.
  3. T800

Will be fun to see some 3x Guardian teams.

But such a short notice, i hope many players will be able to attend.

4. qweqqi

qweqqi Qweqqi Ninja 62 EU

omg.
    1. short notice
    2. no info on the main page
    how many people do you expect toregister on time?

Jey and T800 like this.
  5. TenebrisAeterna

Ty for the tournament was rly fun.

6. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

there was something? pretty much 85% of the players, didn't even know about it.

#6 Jey, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    T800 likes this.
  7. T800

Great commentators, was fun to watch.

Grats to EU Role Playing guild for winning first 3 places.

[​IMG]

Amirite, qweqqi and Jey like this.
  8. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

This really needed more exposure. I've been playing for well over 2 years, every day, I run a guild.. I had not heard of this until today, and only am now because I was searching around for info on the charity event listed under today's maintenance reasons. I asked others and they had not heard of this either.

It doesn't seem to have been promoted on the main site or in-game. If you are putting annoying pop-ups for pearl deals in the corner, you could also use that space to promote charity.

Hate to throw criticism at charity, because of all the things you could do events for, this is great to see, genuinely, but I think we can all agree that saying the entire BDO community raised $800.. well that's just depressing.

Ben Phoenix and Amirite like this.
  9. Rinjyu

Yeah just stumbled upon this by accident today as well. Too bad.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  10. Amirite

Hopefully next time, we get the information at least a few days before hand and maybe even some guilds/players would take part in this and help.
    Not sure how much you can and can't do tho.

Ben Phoenix likes this.