1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadmap content 2020 Q1-Q2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jan 17, 2020.

1. DafuqYouLookinAt

I don't mind world boss aggro, kinda like it but I guess I'm just use to server tanking a boss in previous games :x

The bosses only really hit hard during it's enraged parts unless you're lacking in DP or simply not dodging it's mechanics.

They already took away pvp during world bosses a long time ago, I think losing something upon death is only fair because the purpose is to pay attention and be not brain dead attack a world boss.

Edit: On a side note, I'm excited to see what succession has to offer for mystic if it's worth swapping over to; looking forward to the succ costume too!

Beeso and Asterotis like this.
  2. Cascaden

That is a dry map. Where did you find it? The Desert?

~JhaelannaBanana~ and Shariah like this.
  3. Shariah

Full TET gear doesn’t have me surviving through invisible Offin attacks. Sometimes I’m fine. Sometimes I die because something invisible randomly killed me.

All other bosses are fine, but I don’t show up to Offin with crystals in my gear. I have a second gemless set specifically for Offin. If I die once and use my fairy rez, I leave.

Not paying real dollars because TET gear isn’t good enough to not get one-shot.

World bosses would be better if they hit us to 50% or even 25% health. Anything that would give us a chance to recover is more dynamic and exciting.

Just being one-shot = feels like they are just pushing Elion tear sales.

Either way, world bosses are inexplicably boring in BDO. Maybe it’s the lack of them being PROPERLY hard. Aside from being one-shot by Offin randomly every ~5 encounters, you have to be brain dead to die to the others. That’s the problem. It’s FUN to die a bunch while learning a fight’s mechanics.

But we can’t push hard, engaging mechanics if we have death penalties tied to world bosses.

Death penalties need to go so we can change how hard they are (and one-shot inexplicable deaths are NOT mechanics).

We should have to learn attacks and feel like we’re dodging things all the time. Bosses should have phases.

We should be doing things during bosses:
    A) running to specific spots for safety (rather than just running away from red areas that give us way too much time to get out of).
    B) passing an item to your 5 person group during a world boss fight. Having it be a requirement to form a 5 person group would already make world bosses feel like an MMO experience rather than single player.
    We already have aiming mechanics. Having to aim at your friend and tossing an item would be fun.
    C) having our shield classes draw all the aggro from packs of mobs - like in Garmoth fight.
    Give us a timer before those mobs start enraging so people want to do the aggro/grouping
    D) Add healing done to others onto dps counters for drop loot chance tiers for world bosses. Now we have a reason to heal. (Overhealing should not count)

These are simply standard for fights. I’m sure an actual boss mechanic dev team could come up with way better ideas. BDO has potential to be more than just killing mobs.

Then again... maybe they are simply not putting in group PvE content so it’ll be Crimson Desert’s selling point.

That would make me sad because it seems there are no elves in Crimson Desert.

#43 Shariah, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  4. Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi Neoyoshi Sorceress 61 NA

Ah-haa, there's that music system i've been testing on Global labs.

[​IMG]

So excited!

[​IMG]

5. T800

They never wanted to put Group PVE content, as described in the latest interview from December:

This shows they focus on individuality in Black Desert, instead of a community. That's why their Guild system is at a basic level compared to other MMOs, and that's why all Group content feels half baked, because it was forced on them by the playerbase, they didn't wanted to do it.

Over all Crimson Desert focus is different from Black Desert as outlines in here:

Crimson Desert will bring a whole different level of Lifeskill Experience and Group Content compared to Black Desert.

AZzalor likes this.
  6. Anoril

Balance Update Soon ™
    https://translate.google.de/transla...hText=&progressType=1&BoardType=0&boardNo=780
    They are working on it, collecting suggestions, testing things out and so on.

Wont happen like yesterday ordered, today delivered....
    My impression is that balance is lower priority.
    Try yourself to balance 17 classes (shai lives dont matter here haha)

You want more actively to contribute directly to pa?
    https://www.global-lab.playblackdesert.com/CS/SUGGEST/WRITE
    (Easy Game for NA, EU needs a lvl56, on NA and VPN, all is done fast,)

Can write a letter
    24, Simin-daero 327 beon-gil Dongan-gu,
    Anyang-si, Gyeonggi-do,
    14055, Rep. of KOREA

Roadmap is fine. Realistic!
    Delays have to be accepted.
    Odyllita Q2, allright, can be done.
    Translations for Proper English,
    German, French and Spanish i guess are currently worked on.

Attached Files:

7. chendu

O'diliwhat ? nah come on maybe Kr will get it q2 but you know we know we won't
    also Lahn succession ? Whut is there any lahn that's going to take it ? I mean lahn awake is so perfect O.O

8. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

lahn succession have to be broken af for people touch it or play it over awakening

9. chendu

maybe if she gets a 50% atk speed boost but even then ... I don't see a point

10. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

So my Guess:
    -Witch succession hopefully (buffed) in February
    -then we getting aniversary events/stuff in March.
    -Odylitta Hopefully Early Mai (to compete with New World and WoW)

11. T800

If Pearl Abyss plans on switching Publisher, than O'dylitta in Q2 would make sense since same thing happen in Russia, where they delayed release of Drieghan by few month because of publisher switch.
    Else i don't see a reason for such massive delays at all, since KR is getting it in February, and between late February and May there is no content at all besides O'dylitta. - Players will riot.

[​IMG]

Graugus likes this.
  12. Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi Neoyoshi Sorceress 61 NA

They've said during the Calpheon Ball that O'dylitta will be something new that they've never done before; so delays should be expected. I mean i hope so, because i don't want them to just release a new area, i want them to do something different and push the envelope with this new area; and it sounds like that is what they are aiming for.

Samwyn likes this.
  13. gurghul

To compete with WoW , maybe some undercover one server . :) WoW is different league m8 . BDO competition is more like blade and soul or Tera .

14. Graugus

I don’t care about none of this ****, Dwarf class when!?

Kasu, ClearArrow and aethericAnuran like this.
  15. XLucaX

Archers the only class that you start with awakening lol.

His literal kit requires you to be able to switch between main and awakening.

The real question here is, why the hell are the small people been trying to kill each other for over 1000 years now, wtf?

T800 likes this.
  16. Jaeger

Your answers will be on crimson desert mate xD

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

No they won't. Cdo is a different game and will not have the same classes and maybe not even the same combat system.

Balance is an ongoing thing and doesn't have to be specifically mentioned in a roadmap.

CompZilla likes this.
  18. NVG

NVG

Q1: KAKAO GAMES will not be our publisher anymore, true or false?

19. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Nobody knows. The contract is ending soon (i think it was march) and then we'll see if same as russia happens where pa then self-publishes or they renew the contract.

T800 likes this.
  20. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

i`m curious about the boss armor revamp :)

Miomer likes this.