1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rose Festival Screenshot Contest *Winners Selected!*

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Aethon, May 31, 2017.

1. CM Aethon

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

We know a lot of you enjoyed the previous screenshot contest, so we’re giving you another chance to share your screenshots of the Black Desert Online game world!

[​IMG]

1. Rose Festival Screenshot Contest
    Venture out into the beautiful world of Black Desert Online in pursuit of the ultimate Rose Festival themed screenshot! There will be plenty of breathtaking locations to snap pictures, so feel free to get wild and creative with the locations!
    • Submit Date: May 31st ~ June 6th (Final Submit Date)
    • Staff’s Pick: June 7th ~ June 9th
    • Winners Announcement: June 9th
    • Winners Selected: We'd like to thank everyone for participating in this contest, many excellent screenshots were submitted and it was difficult to narrow the selections down to just four winners. To our winners we offer a hard earned congratulations, check out their pictures here!
    [​IMG]

• Contest Rules:
      • Screenshots must be 1920x1080 or greater in resolution.
      • Players must provide their correct Region & Family name in the post.
      • The image must be posted on either Facebook or Twitter on your own page, set to public, and include the following:
        • The Hashtag #BDOrosefestival2017
        • The Facebook tag @BlackDesertOnline
        • The Twitter Tag @BDO_news
      • Screenshots cannot be edited in any way in external software outside of the game.
      • Failure to abide by any of the above rules may result in voiding your eligibility to be selected as a winner.
      • You may submit as many images as you'd like.
    • Prizes: Winners will be announced through our forums, and prizes will be delivered a few days after the contest ends.
      • First Place (4 Players Total)
        • BDO Tshirt
        • 30 Day Value Pack
        • 2017 BDO Calendar
    • Instructions: Please follow these steps when posting on Facebook or Twitter:
      • Your post must be set to public and include the hashtag #BDOrosefestival2017 and tag @BlackDesertOnline
      • Your post must include your family name and region.
    • Submissions: You will need to submit the image as a public post on your own Facebook or Twitter. It will require the post to be set to public so our team can find and view it, please be sure to include the required Hashtag and Family Name with Region.

• Disclaimer: By submitting your screenshot(s) for our event, you understand and agree that the rights and ownership for the use of the screenshot(s) will automatically belong to Kakao Games Europe B.V. and can be used at Kakao Games Europe B.V.'s discretion.

#1 CM Aethon, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Shinpai likes this.
  2. Nelyvia

Nelyvia BialyTygrys Ranger 57 EU

oh again a contest where shitty screenshot will win, while the good one will be forgotten

first btw

3. Yanoru

Sounds like someone didn't win the last contest. Selected screenshots are fine, as far as i know by watching them on the loading screens.

4. Nelyvia

Yes i didnt won, and its not about that
    between all the entry, they were far more beautiful screenshot than the winner, one of the winner submitted it even after the max date, and still one

and the previous contest was the same, they dont look the screen, they are choosed randomly

5. Zjinn

Zjinn Arcanum Wizard EU

Oh good, I have a chance to win then.

Sanivia likes this.
  6. Nelyvia

you can submit the shittiest screenshot ever, you have a chance to win because they doesnt look them and winner are randomly choosed

Odinthor021 likes this.
  7. Sovereign Seven

I feel like there is something about "opinions" that I should say, but then it would be cliche.... So I won't... even though I already did.... or did I?

Shootyoureyeout likes this.
  8. Dildrex

Revisit whoever taught you English and get a refresher, or a new teacher.

9. deathtrip

someone give Nelyvia a tissue...:)

10. kakodaimonos

kakodaimonos 57 EU

It is actually true... I did not participate myself but I saw insane screenshots not being taken while the ones which won were really disappointing.

11. Nelyvia

i learned english on my own, thanks for your concern

Rubylatte and Myntiix like this.
  12. Akame_Oneechan

So many flavours and you choose salt. What a shame.

Hakazumi likes this.
  13. Sovereign Seven

The problem is that your opinion on what is good looking and what isn't doesn't matter. It matters what THEY think looks good. You didn't get picked, too bad... Get over it... cry to someone who actually cares... And stop throwing your salty tears on people who are actually excited about this.

14. Vamathi

Vamathi Macabre DarkKnight 58 EU

Slavic schools have the best english teachers. They dont know how to speak themself D:<

15. Nelyvia

i dont throw my salt, i dont care about winning or losing, its just go look the other screen that were in the contest and you will see that the winner are total ********
    and im not the only one to say it, go check the cherry blossom thread and you will see what im talking about

winner are randomly choosed and for both event they didnt deserved to win

Vamathi, UltraRed and Alrunia like this.
  16. Alrunia

Nelyvia is right tho

I've participated in every screenshot contest up to the previous one. This comes up every time, yes screenshots are a matter of taste but every contest there are always legitimately great, excellently captured shots that are ignored in favour of screenshots that are just absolute trash in comparison.

I mean sure you can just assume that your own judgement is terrible and the great overlords of Kakao or whatever are the only ones with a functioning pair of eyes.. Or you can look for yourself at the contest discussion threads and see that every single poster - winners and losers both - is dismayed and disappointed because ugly, awful screenshots won.
    This is less a matter of people being sore losers (again, people who've won including me are upset as well) and more people being discouraged from further participation because it's very clear by now that screenshots are not legitimately judged on anything, just picked completely at random

#16 Alrunia, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  17. Cardiel

Cardiel Disgleiro DarkKnight NA

Another screenshot contest! \o/

18. Ole Lukoje

U got no eyes and no taste by any means if u think that last contest's screens werent good xD

even considering that everyone's tastes are different
    its impossible to call those previous winners not well deserved

the one before that and before that - i agree, that was super random

Eollyn, GreenSkadi and Silverrose like this.
  19. Thirea

Thirea Nocturis Kunoichi 59 EU

@CM Aethon
    Are there any specific 'rules' about the watermark on the picture? Because for the last contest all pictures that won had very visible watermark and all looked the same.

GreenSkadi and Blossora like this.
  20. Akame_Oneechan

Yeah and many of the screenshots didnt fit into the maintheme.
    Cherryblossom Screen-Contest means make a Screenshot fitting to the theme not from your slutty charakter ontop of a mountain or inside of a building.

Sure there are some screens looking better than the winners but welp thats always the point with contests just because you spend 2 hours making the perfect screen doesn't mean the jury would like it.

Saying winners are choosen random is just utterly bs.

Odinthor021, Ascaeldor and Silverrose like this.